Cast when Damage Taken

"
caboom wrote:
quick question, was using cast when damage taken with molten shell in this item and everything was working fine

then i changed to this item and the skill stop working

i think i can understand the logic, molten shell got +2 skill levels from the item and with it surpass cast when damage taken lv

You guessed it. According to the wiki, level 17 molten shell has a level requirement of 62, so you will need a level 17 CWDT to support your level 15 in a +2 item. Alternately, if level 17 CWDT would be too high of a damage taken value for you, you could use the scouring recipe to take your molten shell down to 13, and then the item will raise it back to 15.
"

You guessed it. According to the wiki, level 17 molten shell has a level requirement of 62, so you will need a level 17 CWDT to support your level 15 in a +2 item. Alternately, if level 17 CWDT would be too high of a damage taken value for you, you could use the scouring recipe to take your molten shell down to 13, and then the item will raise it back to 15.

yes i do understand that but the thing is that the gem does not gain level requirements when an item/gem give those extra levels, otherwise i would not be able to use the skill as a lv 59.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I have read the wiki, read GGG posts and still don't understand.

Why "first" skill triggered more often then "second" in link order?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
"
Radonegsky wrote:
I have read the wiki, read GGG posts and still don't understand.

Why "first" skill triggered more often then "second" in link order?
people did thier research and thats simply how it was coded. they had to somehow choose which gems fire off first after all, might as well be in order instead of random. you can take advantage of that btw.
If you have CwDT setup and also have Immortal Call ON does physical damage taken (and blocked by the immunity) still go towards the trigger limit?

Same thing with Arctic Armor - if a mob hits me for 200 phys dmg and I have 216 flat reduction from AA does that 200 damage go towards the trigger counter of CwDT?
Last edited by azmodael on Dec 10, 2014, 6:09:35 PM
CwDT counts Damage Taken (hence the name): if you're not taking any Damage, you... Don't take Damage, unsurprisingly :P
When applying quality to the gem, does it change the damage needed to trigger the effect or the x% less damage?

It simply grants x% Increased Damage, and works exactly the same as any other source of Increased Damage. It grants a (very) minor Damage boost to linked Skills.
There is a new Torment only Unique: Scold's Bridle. I haven't found one yet so I can't test, but can someone who has let me know if the damage taken due to that item's effect counts for cast when damage taken? Much obliged.
Can I have BOTH CWDT and Cast on Stun linked to Enduring Cry?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info