Cast when Damage Taken

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
I managed to read like 20 pages, still noone replied to the major question that 2-3 people asked about the mechanics of CwDT.

I am going to ask those 2 qeustions again, also linking my 3 CwDT setups i run at this moment.

1) Consider the following setup:

As several people said, sometimes it procs ALL 3 spells together, sometimes it procs 1 or 2 of them. What is causing this to happen?
Dont tell me about the internal cooldown of each spell or the seperate dmg counter, consider a situation when u just enter an area and u get hit by a single monster for 5k dmg, enough to proc them all for the first time.

2) Consider the follwing 3 setups:

If you consider a situation when u just enter an area and u get hit by a single monster for 5k dmg, enough to proc them all for the first time, i notice 2 things:
a] While they should all proc because the incoming dmg is enough to proc all gems, they seem to proc randomly, sometimes 2 of them sometimes 3 rarely all.
b] I notice that when i take enough dmg to proc them all (i say it again: for the first time, so dont come tell me the dmg counter is different for each spell at the specific time) almost always immortal call is procing right before enduring cry, leaving me with charges while it should give me immoral call effect.

If someone has something to say that can explain any of the above, it will be very much appreciated and will help people understand how is this gem actually working.

Anyone?
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
I managed to read like 20 pages, still noone replied to the major question that 2-3 people asked about the mechanics of CwDT.

I am going to ask those 2 qeustions again, also linking my 3 CwDT setups i run at this moment.

If you are sure that there is more that enough incoming damage after mitigation to proc everything and nothing is on cooldown, yet they are not all proccing, you are either mistaken or it bugged. You could be mistaken if perhaps you didn't notice them all, or perhaps if the effect ended near instantaneously; like a totem being destroyed by the same wave of damage, etc.

If you are sure you are not mistaken, then it is most likely bugging; report it, preferably with proof if possible.

As for IC proccing before EC, the spells can not literally go off at the same time as each has to be processed; to the player the effect is unnoticeable unless the order changes the results (what happens here).

If I recall correctly, it was stated that the order of the gems in your gear (and possibly the order of the gear) determines the order they are processed in. If IC is consistently proccing before EC (with all else being fair), then try swapping the gems around in your gear.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Apr 4, 2014, 1:53:43 PM
Can I support the casted spells with other support gems?

Does the level restriction from CwDT apply to the other supports?
"
Bojka666 wrote:
Can I support the casted spells with other support gems?

Does the level restriction from CwDT apply to the other supports?
yes
No
ok after little thinking heres my suggestions for this obviously powerful gem.

the gem lvl restriction has to go, its counter intuitive not to lvl gems up on a character that is going to be using them.

The damage taken requirement is a good idea - however if its to be a measure of 'damage taken' it should be 'damage absorbed' - like molten shell + hp and es. this includes damage prevented via armour and blocking. It should probably also be a % of the characters life and ES total.

There should be a global cooldown on all cast on damage taken spells. id set this at 1 cast per second as this means you coudld typicaly fire off one or 2 in a typical mook fight.

when damage is taken and the 'damage absorbed' threshold is met a RANDOM spell gem that you have linked to the cast on damage taken is triggered (all supports applied normaly).

So in conclusion I think the gem should be like this:

Cast on damage taken:
When you have sustained or absorbed via bloking and armour damage equal to 1/2 of your total life and energy sheild a random linked spell will be triggered. If this spell is offensive it will target the source of the damage. This cannot occur more than 1 time per second. Triggered spells cost no mana.

damage effectiveness: 50%

quality + 1/2% damage effectiveness.

I guess I like the idea of cast while damage taken and the design concept that you do more damage per the damage that you take. The biggest issue I feel is that many of the users of this support prefer low levels of cast when damage taken so they can constantly cast or cast as often as possible. While I feel that this is a fine strategy for something like enduring cry, I feel that there should be more of a reward for casting infrequently if you raise this up to max level. If you use a lvl 20 cast while damage taken and require 3,240 damage before this spell will trigger, the reward should be more than 6% more damage. It should be more like 50% more damage. I don't think this gem is weak. But the higher levels seem to be quite a bit less popular than the lower levels. I this this gem should start out as weak but just scale better and faster with the damage multiplier. I don't have any statistics on the popularity of lower level based CwDT versus higher level CwDT, so I might be wrong, but my personal experience is that people make fun of you for using more than lvl 14 of this support, which seems imbalanced if other people have the same impression.
Hey
What I want to add here is, it's highly unfair it's not laying mines. I get it that it's not dropping traps, as they're target-based, but Mines can be a great defence tactic. Coupled with e.g. Immortal's call and Enduring cry, smoke mine can be a great defence. Same for freeze mine.
Why are these two not working with CWDT?
think you got that backwards as a mine won't explode on its own, have to detonate them manually... traps should be used with damage taken and they'll go off as proper, almost like totems. however i only remember totems and minion summons working so...
No, I think You got it backwards, I mean the character should drop the mine when the spell procs with CWDT, later on you should be able to manually detonate with D, but it doesnt drop em...
Meanwhile, when you link CWDT+mine (frost or smoke), then you can still manually "cast"(deploy)them and laster on detonate with D, but they dont work in link at all.

What happens:
1). CWDT + mine, you can manually deploy mine in this link
2). character gets damaged
3). Nothing happens

What SHOULD happen

1). CWDT + mine, you CAN'T manually deploy mine in this link
2). character gets damaged
3). CWDT goes off and procs mine, it gets deployed in the place where you stood at the moment of receiving damage
4) You should be able to push D for detonation of all previously deployed mines.
Last edited by EdvinPL on Apr 19, 2014, 2:53:27 PM
Working as intended. CwDT only Supports Spells - the Skill that lays a Trap or Mine is not a Spell. The Spell tag in the Gem description comes from the Skill that the Trap/Mine uses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info