Cast when Damage Taken

Your only complaint is that not all the information would be specifically on the gem itself - yet many gems have this problem. The fact that you could see this information by looking at the spell tooltips on the action-bar is somehow an issue for you? Seems really petty to moan about that if it meant dealing with a much less finicky way of going about using the gem.

Regarding future knowledge about a gem's progression (in this case, in respect to the damage taken to cast); you don't need to have that information on the gem itself, or indeed anywhere in-game. No gem gives you this information. You have to use the wiki or ask someone/get them to link a higher version to get that information. What's the difference here? It only takes two seconds.

--

"100% chance to Cast Supported Spells when you take a total amount of Damage based on Level of Supported Spells"

That is long? Really? Have you seen some of the gem descriptions?!
Last edited by Aimeryan on Mar 14, 2014, 6:55:10 PM
"
Aimeryan wrote:

Uh yes, considering most of them are no longer than "50% Increased Projectile Damage", that's pretty long. Note that I'm talking about the effect text here, not the flavour text.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Aimeryan wrote:

Uh yes, considering most of them are no longer than "50% Increased Projectile Damage", that's pretty long. Note that I'm talking about the effect text here, not the flavour text.

Cast on Critical Strike: "Supported Attacks have a 50% chance to Cast Supported Spells when you Crit an Enemy".

That is fairly long.
It's also probably the longest. That's not exactly a great example to take.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's also probably the longest. That's not exactly a great example to take.

It does the job, I feel.
"
atode wrote:
Actual State:
CwDT level 20 can activate spells, up to a reqired level of 69, when you receive 3240 damage.

Target State:
The incoming damage, needed to cast a connected spell, should be calculated by the required level of the spell-gem.

Example Setup to clarify what I mean

CwDT level 20 in a 4-link item, linked with:

Frost Wall level 1 -> Frost Wall cast when 440 damage taken

Molten Shell level 10 -> Molten Shell cast when 780 damage taken

Enduring Cry level 14 -> Enduring Cry cast when 1850 damage taken

would love the new gem
sorry if this has been covered, and it know it seems like a stupid question, but bear with me:

does blocked damage apply towards the damage total?

i only ask because blocked damage does apply towards the damage total for molten shell (apparently, according to people), so i thought it could be similar.
"
riloh wrote:
i only ask because blocked damage does apply towards the damage total for molten shell (apparently, according to people), so i thought it could be similar.

Cast when Damage Taken only counts Damage Taken. Block prevents Damage from being Taken.
Molten Shell only counts mitigated Physical Damage; that's why Block works.
block/evade/dodge remove damage thus my eva/acro/block melee guy has no cwdt at all because it procs like once a minute, tops!

it is actually a serious con of eva builds as while i can ignore end charges i also loose entire utility (mainly curses or reapplying blood rage) that CWDT provides
I managed to read like 20 pages, still noone replied to the major question that 2-3 people asked about the mechanics of CwDT.

I am going to ask those 2 qeustions again, also linking my 3 CwDT setups i run at this moment.

1) Consider the following setup:

As several people said, sometimes it procs ALL 3 spells together, sometimes it procs 1 or 2 of them. What is causing this to happen?
Dont tell me about the internal cooldown of each spell or the seperate dmg counter, consider a situation when u just enter an area and u get hit by a single monster for 5k dmg, enough to proc them all for the first time.

2) Consider the follwing 3 setups:

If you consider a situation when u just enter an area and u get hit by a single monster for 5k dmg, enough to proc them all for the first time, i notice 2 things:
a] While they should all proc because the incoming dmg is enough to proc all gems, they seem to proc randomly, sometimes 2 of them sometimes 3 rarely all.
b] I notice that when i take enough dmg to proc them all (i say it again: for the first time, so dont come tell me the dmg counter is different for each spell at the specific time) almost always immortal call is procing right before enduring cry, leaving me with charges while it should give me immoral call effect.

If someone has something to say that can explain any of the above, it will be very much appreciated and will help people understand how is this gem actually working.

Last edited by nel0angel0 on Apr 3, 2014, 9:02:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info