Curse on Hit

"
curse immune monsters have thier place in the game just like stun immune.

What place would that be?

Where are the physical damage immune monsters? Or the elemental damage immune monsters?

GGG rightly decided that having monsters be immune to attacks was stupid because it poses an artificial barrier to build effectiveness. This was one of the early problems with Diablo 3, and a significant annoyance in D2.

Why should there be a similar artificial barrier for builds centered around curses?

And I didn't intend to have the effectiveness tied to quality as it is now.

I would make it apply the linked curse 100% of the time at all levels.

Make the normal levelling bonus increase the effectiveness of the linked curse, from 0-50% increased effectiveness.

Make quality provide increased damage for the linked skill so you aren't losing so much out of using the damn gem.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
this gem needs a buff - this is a nice opening. compared to other gems (Even cast on stun) it is lackluster

however ive found a nice use for it

Point Blank archer

Curse on Hit
GMP
Ice Shot (important)
Temporal chains (defensively) or Proj Weakness (offensively)

Ice shot' damage is irrelevant so one can 'open' the engagement with a voley that
a) slows ALL mobs (chilled ground affects all mobs regardless of their hp)
b) applies semi-reliably a curse of choice
c) fills in the 'wasted' period of Point Blank engagement

ofc any corrupted gloves with curse of choice are better and it sucks that % of application isnt 100 but.. i find it practical. probably this can be even better for ele equilibrium Exploding Arrow builds as this both applies EE and curses in ONE click instead of two
the quality bonus secretly makes this pretty decent...
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
This support gem would be almost really beneficial if it actually worked with totems.

Outside of Ancestral Bond Arctic Breath -> GMP, Curse On Hit Temporal Chains, or a build that wants to proc Elemental Equilibrium and curse at the same time being a build that self casts (Summon Raging Spirits comes to mind), you're better off not using this gem and self casting curses.
I use a mjolner discharge build.
So to trigger the discharges I use faster attacks + cyclone + multistrike

Only 3 links needed for 100k+ dps

As the damage gems are inside the mjolner That leaves 2 spots free on the chest (5 link)
And yes...

Curse on hit is the absolute winner + ele weakness.

For this build, this gem is mega OP.

I have to admit, I think for 99% of the other builds it sux balls

It's almost lvl 20 and I'll make it lvl1/q20 as soon as that happens. Very curious to the result of that 10% inc potential

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
It's not a big difference. I've been toying with Q23 CoH with Q23 Elemental Weakness. Meh.

Still trying to make it work.

Still think it sucks ass.

Curse immune monsters are complete and utter bullshit.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Jul 30, 2014, 3:28:35 AM
What kind of bums me out about the trigger gems is... they're a lot like the Trap or Totem support gems. They're flexible, sure, but they're also very generic. In the end they gravitate toward optimal forms; I don't think of my Arc Totem as Arc, but rather as another spell totem. With a lightning% damage source.

So niche Active Skills that could have been made, like say:

Accursed/Eldritch Strike - Supports curse gems, % chance to cast them on hit, you can't cast supported curses. Supported curses have 20 to 50% increased effectiveness. 25% more damage on cursed enemies.

Don't really have any room to exist. Not zazzy enough.
What do you think about Curse on Hit Shockwave Totem in 1.2? Flame totem?
Also thinking it is really really decent with Rain of Arrows (curses boost physical damage and survivability so much with Endurance charges and life leech). What do you think?
I wonder if GGG removed Curse Immune monsters from Forgotten Masters or at least did some changes.

I cannot get myself to play a character too much around Curses knowing you'll too often run into Curse Immune mobs. o.o
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Looks like this trigger gem got a big buff compared to hard-casting. You still have to give up two support slots for it though, which is something most characters can't afford.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info