Curse on Hit

Herald of Ice applies Curses with its explosion - you cannot trigger the explosion against Doedre nor Shavronne, because they do not summon Minions.
thanks. it's logic and I should know that before posting :)
Does the it apply the curse before or after the damage of the hit? I mean, Herald of Thunder+CoH+Conductivity will score a hit with lowered resistances??

It applies after.
Does the chilling of Arctic Armor count as a "hit" for the purposes of curse on hit?
I.E. if I link curse on hit with a curse to Arctic Armor will enemies who are chilled by AA get cursed?
Last edited by Odif on Jan 25, 2016, 1:27:12 AM
Lvl 1 bladefall, curse on hit, then your curses. Works super well.
"
Odif wrote:
Does the chilling of Arctic Armor count as a "hit" for the purposes of curse on hit?
I.E. if I link curse on hit with a curse to Arctic Armor will enemies who are chilled by AA get cursed?
No. Arctic Armour doesn't hit anything.
I've check a little this topic but I didn't find an answer.

I''ve got an archer that works perfectly with this gem - I start fight with ice shot + curse on hit + projectile weakness + knocback and then I use my main attack. I'm thinking about buying Cospri's Will to have extra curse.

How would it work if I link additional curse to curse on hit? First shot would give me both or just one and another would give me second? Ty for answer.
It'll apply all linked Curses at the same time.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
I can't remember, is damage required to trigger on hot effects? I'm trying to figure out if this would work for a dual totem build, since it would give you a reason to attack stuff. Not really a benefit over just cursing them anyway, just curious.
on hit effects does not need to damage, just flat out hit the foe. so feel free to link some AoE ish skill of no damage just to curse while your totems do thier thing.
Confirmed this with my test-bed templar earlier. He was using Siege Ballista and Shockwave totems, so I had Ancestral Bond, which doesn't allow direct damage from skills. Links CoH gem to Cyclone. Cursed mobs of enemies on Cyclone movement, as intended (?). Since I had a bunch of refund points available, I took away ABond, and despite only dropping one SWT, my kill speed improved nicely. (As a note, I had dropped SB and switched to a unique claw).

One question: Would CoH work with totem skills such as Siege Ballista or Ancestral Guardian?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info