Curse on Hit

Has anyone tried it to connect it to minions? The minion attacks should curse the enemies...

Or do I understand this wrong?
I tried it with Dominating Blow (works the same nine outta ten), and Dominated monsters do not trigger Curse on Hit. Not expecting Zombies and Skeletons to be different :(
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 25, 2013, 6:07:55 PM
a quality one for reference:

GGG, for this to even be remotely worth using you're going to have to change it so it bypasses the curse limit. I.e. it should enable you to use a second curse manually.
I was also disappointed to learn that this skill doesn't work with minions. Still, I suppose I will try to figure out another way to use this skill.
I can't get it to work with Spectral Throw either. :(
"
tubasteve wrote:
I can't get it to work with Spectral Throw either. :(

Hm. Do you have the Curse and the Support linked to ST?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 27, 2013, 8:11:18 AM
Just found out that it works with Tempest Shield, which is pretty great, enemies will just curse themselves on you :)
From my point of view, Curse on hit is not really useful as of now.

The first reason is the tradeoff between Curse on hit and manually casted Curse :

manually : casting time : 0.45 sec and mana cost : about 10-15 mana
Curse on hit : no casting time, no mana cost (expect from the supported skill)

So all you gain from casting a curse with Curse on hit instead of a manual cast is 0.45 sec and a neglible amount of mana.

The second reason is it takes 2 sockets to set up (Curse on hit and the Curse)
For this reason one cannot link it to a main skill(most often used skill). It is by far preferable to have two more support gems on your main skill and manually cast the curse.
Then one would have to link it to side skills (skills that on use only in specific situation like Cold snap, or mouvement skill). So in the end one would end up casting manually the side skill in order to get the curse. One might as well cast the curse and the side skill separatly then.

Ideas of utilisation :

tempest shield : curse on block (not sure if it actually works but it should)
cold snap + frostbite + proliferation : freeze all, curse all the ideal set up to a nova build
leap + enfeeble ( + stun ) : allow a melee caracter to leap into group of foes safely
Flicker strike or lightning chain : those skills do not requier to aim, so it would be a way to cast a curse at the nearest mob without aiming

Last edited by MassWips on Oct 27, 2013, 12:10:48 PM
way too weak compared to cast on damage taken, imo this needs to have 100% chance to proc by default, and the curse effect increase should go up with levels
ign: ALLRAUDER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info