Curse on Hit

I can't remember, is damage required to trigger on hot effects? I'm trying to figure out if this would work for a dual totem build, since it would give you a reason to attack stuff. Not really a benefit over just cursing them anyway, just curious.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
I can't remember, is damage required to trigger on hot effects? I'm trying to figure out if this would work for a dual totem build, since it would give you a reason to attack stuff. Not really a benefit over just cursing them anyway, just curious.
on hit effects does not need to damage, just flat out hit the foe. so feel free to link some AoE ish skill of no damage just to curse while your totems do thier thing.
I did not read through the 15 pages, but do plan to at some point. I just started using this gem and love it. My 1H mace / shield Templar had slight mana issues, and this gem solved them. My block rate is at 65% and climbing. Molten Strike is my only attack. I also have Herald of Ash, and the Purity of Fire and Vitality auras. CoDT Molten Shell too (with Iron Will and Conc Effect).

4L Chest
Tempest Shield
Curse on Hit
Flammability or Warlord's Mark (depending on need)
Reduced Mana (not needed for this to work)

level 73 templar build
Last edited by Lenox2288 on Sep 22, 2014, 6:37:30 PM
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:

I was hoping for my duel totems to curse also but straight from the wiki....

"Minions, Traps, Totems and Mines supported by this gem will not apply any curses even though the tooltip says they can and curses linked to this gem are disabled from being cast directly. This is still true even when using a spell or attack linked to the Trap, Spell Totem/Ranged Attack Totem or Remote Mine support gems."

I'd really love to hear from the devs if curse on hit not working with totems/minions/traps/mines is by design as initially intended, or just a side-effect of current game mechanics that they decided to keep as-is for the time being?
It's intended. The Totem does not use the Skill that is linked to Curse on Hit, because that Skill would only summon a copy of itself.
"

I realized that my DPS is bad for lv 80. I do 3K instead of 20k. In order to continue doing maps, I am now lord of the curses.

DPS is not everythink. Iam Level 91 (soon 92) and my Arc is only 6300 DPS. (Yes this is my Main skill lol)
Last edited by KinZie on Oct 22, 2014, 8:55:22 PM
Well ive been experimenting with curse on hit with 2 curses. In that i found we severely lack options to use it with. Most spells dont have a big enough aoe for this to be viable. Arc is the best spell we have atm for it and it is lacking compared to manual casting. I believe we need a new spell dedicated to be used for Curse on Hit on next patch :) otherwise curse on hit will only be a way to get rid of a clunky mechanic that is manual curse casting.
"
Fistaniderya wrote:
Well ive been experimenting with curse on hit with 2 curses. In that i found we severely lack options to use it with. Most spells dont have a big enough aoe for this to be viable. Arc is the best spell we have atm for it and it is lacking compared to manual casting. I believe we need a new spell dedicated to be used for Curse on Hit on next patch :) otherwise curse on hit will only be a way to get rid of a clunky mechanic that is manual curse casting.

Umm gmp ball lightning?
@BeerPact
probably my favorite gem, hero tier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info