A disturbing trend (Games are supposed to be hard)

Hard isnt that fun to me, interesting is fun.

I'm still on my first playthrough(lv 29 Ranger) and I'm finding the game harder than I'd like. I die a lot and it is no fun having to redo whole instances(not to mention the exp loss) because the map area reset by the time I worked my way back to it as I hadnt yet found the waypoint. So much wasted time. I dread to think of what it will be like in the harder difficulties.

Actually the further I get in the game the less fun I am having. I'm felling less powerful now than when I started which is no fun at all.

Admittedly I'm still have no real idea what I am doing with the passives or my active skills and my gear is pretty bad, but still...I didnt expect it to be this hard on normal.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Last edited by Chameleon on Oct 21, 2012, 3:17:21 AM
Games suppose to be CHALENGING and not FRUSTRATING.

That's why 99% of us play games, for fun. The problem is that game develepers only take the feedback of those that earn money from game views and post videos with games. If you are just making a hardcore gamer game than that game wont be any good for a casual player.
After the last wipe, it took players only a couple of days to get to the very end of the game (lvl 68+ maps). It proves that PoE is still too easy overall.

Those who think it's too hard should learn to play better and not complain.
Havent read posts,but all i can say is this.The most memorable games in my mind,are those that provided me challenge.

Also if i play an easy game,i prefer playing it on hard.Thats just me.But a super easy game that provides me the tools to beat it in 6 hours,wont be something that i will remember after sometime,whatever "fun" it provided me it was only for a little while.

Similar to this,an easy game feels to me like using some kind of cheat code,which i despise,though lots of people would cheat so they will have their "fun".Sorry,i'll pass.

Thus said-easy games,not for me.Challenging games=memorable.

TBH i have played games that i can count in one hand which are relatively small and memorable and that also an achievement for me for those games.And that comes from a gaming veteran with 20 years of gaming in general.
Bye bye desync!
"
Kokoro wrote:
After the last wipe, it took players only a couple of days to get to the very end of the game (lvl 68+ maps). It proves that PoE is still too easy overall.

This doesn't prove anything related to actual difficulty. It only proves that map drop rate was buffed too much and some of the beta testers spent a lot of time with PoE. In games like PoE 'hard' can easily become 'time consuming' (if it didn't already). It also doesn't make the game 'challenging', just makes more 'grind' a requirement.

I have an idea. Let us tick 'hard' option upon logging in. This option will double all the incoming damage and halve our damage output without any side effects. With this option the game will become more challenging so all the hardcore gamers have their challenge while casual noobs will simply not tick this option.

How many people would actually play in this hard mode? Would you, guys? Do you really want a challenge or do you just brag about being hardcore and what not? (These are actual questions, answer them if you feel like it.)

I think most people complaining about casual gamers whining about difficulty wouldn't tick it simply because they don't just want challenge and have a hard game, which would this suggested option provide, but they also want everyone to accept their standards. And there is also the multiplayer competition thing - it would definitely be more challenging to play races under 'hard' mode, but these hardcore players want to win, not a challenge.

I'm providing my opinion here because I'm fed up with those people hiding behind words like challenge, skill, hardcore, they simply don't seem to be right to me.

Edit: Yes. I edited it. Ha!
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Oct 21, 2012, 5:26:45 AM
"
Kokoro wrote:

So what. Every game has players that do that. Diablo did to and it had stupid difficulty.

Casuals and new players deserve a chance to play without getting super irritated. Its going to be hard for POE to get at all popular if it scares players away all of the time.
Standard Forever
if you think the game is too easy drop your stupid overpowered items,equip white items and massage your ego as much as you want
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
My god, default players actually think like that?! *shudder*

HC4LIEF
"I'm wys ripping to the bass, tripping off my face
I'm laced, hook you with a phrase, put you in a daze
Rap-rave t-t-t-to the grave sinne binne my
Vat vyf, my piel is styf binne in jou lyf."
Out of what a game should be, which is truly personal, myself i expect a game like PoE to be hard. Hard and hardcore. So when something is done, you feel the accomplishment.

About whiners who always complain about difficulty, i don't mind - they're sort of entertaining. :p Anyway, it's a fact that you cannot make a difficulty which fits everyone just because we don't all seek the same thing.
"
DarkyPupu wrote:
Out of what a game should be, which is truly personal, myself i expect a game like PoE to be hard. Hard and hardcore. So when something is done, you feel the accomplishment.

About whiners who always complain about difficulty, i don't mind - they're sort of entertaining. :p Anyway, it's a fact that you cannot make a difficulty which fits everyone just because we don't all seek the same thing.

Between you and me, though, we know who the real POE players are.

;D
"I'm wys ripping to the bass, tripping off my face
I'm laced, hook you with a phrase, put you in a daze
Rap-rave t-t-t-to the grave sinne binne my
Vat vyf, my piel is styf binne in jou lyf."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info