A disturbing trend (Games are supposed to be hard)

A lot of this is why there are different difficulty levels put into most video games. Some people absolutely love the higher diffs and some won't even touch them. Neither is right or wrong. Devs need to find clever ways to give the hardest of the hardcore the challenge they want without alienating everyone else. In ARPG's like this anyone who is serious about the game expects to farm the final difficulty or end game. You can't have it be absolutely brutal or else you pigeon hole people to using a handful of viable builds which is boring. I think its more important that the game be interesting than mega hard.

Lets also not act like this game does not already have difficulty. The difficulty just needs to be smoothed out some and fine tuned so that it makes sense.
Standard Forever
Game is fine keep up the good work GGG.
I keep hearing about "The Real World" is that an expansion or something ??
Game is so fine

oh so fine it blows my mind
Says the mage
"
Dashtun wrote:

so if you are saying that poe does appeal to hardcore players already what is this thread about?

do you want poe to appeal to hardcore hardcore players?

What is the thread about? Well I didn't start this thread and you can read the first post to find out what it's about. I was just offering my views on the topic.

I'm not trying to say that PoE should be anything other than what it already is: A deep, challenging and complex game with bucketfuls of re-playability.
final line for me is that GGG is here to make money. at the end of the day who is gonna buy more stuff from store. cant have it both ways either go hardcore or casual but just pick 1 and stay there. dont be actiblizz and change
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
Says the mage

LOL and i'll leave it at that.
I keep hearing about "The Real World" is that an expansion or something ??
"
Sairven wrote:
"
Have you guys ever played either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls? Yeah.

Loved Demon's Souls. STILL haven't had a chance to play Dark Souls. :(

Definitely a great example of difficulty done right. Do something stupid? You get ruthlessly punished for it. >:D

You should definitely check out Dark Souls. A great sequel to a great game.
"
"
Sairven wrote:
"
Have you guys ever played either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls? Yeah.

Loved Demon's Souls. STILL haven't had a chance to play Dark Souls. :(

Definitely a great example of difficulty done right. Do something stupid? You get ruthlessly punished for it. >:D

You should definitely check out Dark Souls. A great sequel to a great game.

A great example of a game with a high risk/high reward kind of gameplay. You will sometimes find the thought of "this sh*t is impossible" blasting in your head. But in all fairness, when you manage to do it, it is exactly like finishing SMB for the first time when you were 7 and couldn't save, wonderful.

My signature is [i]fabulous![/i]
The problem with games like this one (I think some people call the RPGs) is that if they get too hard, you just need to grind more, to get perfect gear. That wasn't the case in 80's, you had to practice.
✠ ✠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info