Spectral throw

"
Accuracy is a rating that measures a character's chance to hit with melee and ranged weapons. Accuracy is opposed by the defender's evasion.

Does this skill require accuracy or it always hits? I can't find an answer by myself.
What I've noticed so far with this skill in terms of mechanics:

1 - it's a projectile therefore projectile damage nodes increase its damage.
2 - physical damage nodes also increase its damage.
3 - weapon specific physical damage nodes increase its damage (if you use that weapon).
4 - melee physical damage does NOT increase its damage.
5 - it auto pierces therefore fork/chain will not work on it (I have yet to test this though)
6 - ATTACK speed increases the cast animation.
7 - lmp and gmp do work on it.
8 - faster projectiles support gem should increase the range of the attack (have yet to test this).

In terms of actual damage calculations I believe they go as follows:

1 - add elemental/physical damage from auras/gems/items
2 - physical/elemental damage mods are then applied
3 - damage is scaled (by the gem skill) and converted into projectile damage
4 - projectile damage mods are then applied

I'm so far lvl 29 and midway through act 3 and so far spectral throw's been pretty good.

This is a good skill for clearing mobs but is pretty horrible on single targets. I will probably switch to frenzy or double strike for single targets... I initially wanted to go a 2h weapon but I'm thinking maybe a wand would be smarter. I'll let you guys know how it goes and see how far I can get.

If I had to give any advice, treat this skill like lighting strike.

So far I really like this skill though. It'll be fun trying to come up with a viable late game build.
To answer the poster above me. Faster projectiles works with it and is absolutely fantastic. Gives it the range to hit off screen.
Yeah stick This to the scion forum :)
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
"
Worgasm wrote:
What I've noticed so far with this skill in terms of mechanics:

1 - it's a projectile therefore projectile damage nodes increase its damage.
2 - physical damage nodes also increase its damage.
3 - weapon specific physical damage nodes increase its damage (if you use that weapon).
4 - melee physical damage does NOT increase its damage.
5 - it auto pierces therefore fork/chain will not work on it (I have yet to test this though)
6 - ATTACK speed increases the cast animation.
7 - lmp and gmp do work on it.
8 - faster projectiles support gem should increase the range of the attack (have yet to test this).

In terms of actual damage calculations I believe they go as follows:

1 - add elemental/physical damage from auras/gems/items
2 - physical/elemental damage mods are then applied
3 - damage is scaled (by the gem skill) and converted into projectile damage
4 - projectile damage mods are then applied

I'm so far lvl 29 and midway through act 3 and so far spectral throw's been pretty good.

This is a good skill for clearing mobs but is pretty horrible on single targets. I will probably switch to frenzy or double strike for single targets... I initially wanted to go a 2h weapon but I'm thinking maybe a wand would be smarter. I'll let you guys know how it goes and see how far I can get.

If I had to give any advice, treat this skill like lighting strike.

So far I really like this skill though. It'll be fun trying to come up with a viable late game build.

To use it effectively single target you need to cast at the correct range so that it hits the enemy 4 times.

It takes some good timing and positioning to do, and that's why I love it.
so this means Physical Damage and Projectile Damage can be applied to Spectral Throw?
PHP Guild - Philippines
"
trueZurg wrote:
"
Accuracy is a rating that measures a character's chance to hit with melee and ranged weapons. Accuracy is opposed by the defender's evasion.

Does this skill require accuracy or it always hits? I can't find an answer by myself.

I don't remember seeing this skill miss the little bit I got to play with it today. Could someone please verify if it always hits?

If it does always hit, why does it do that? Wouldn't have expected.
Standard Forever
It does not always hit. Tooltip shows a % to hit, inc Accu. gem works on it and i saw it miss myself.

I will try Point Blank, Iron Grip, RT build - maybe with bloodmagic.
Paired with ST/LMP or GMP/slower projectiles/added fire damage (only planing on 4 links now).

Close Range multi weapon that stay within point blank range - paired with high life pool tanking.
So Increased critcial strikes with daggers ect will work ?

Faster Projetiles was kind of bad, projectiles go way too far, haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info