Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

Yeah, kind meh about the trailer. You should have made gameplay trailer, as people said, take the best 3mins from Gamesport interview and it would be much better.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
GedPoE wrote:
amazing trailer but this doesn't show the gameplay a bit, like the open beta trailer did, so I would say it's "Blizzard trailer"

You obviously didn't watch the trailer because it pretty much showed nothing but gameplay.
Well, yeah: +1 for the OB trailer being way better. Maybe do a second one showing more of the actual gameplay/features, e.g, as others have mentioned, the skill tree, gem/skills interaction, etc?
Last edited by Alysma on Oct 4, 2013, 5:19:17 PM
"
GedPoE wrote:
amazing trailer but this doesn't show the gameplay a bit, like the open beta trailer did, so I would say it's "Blizzard trailer"

Completely agree. Having the trailer voiced over by the new class is.... confusing. Anyone who doesn't know about the game, will take away nothing from this trailer. And might even be slightly confused. Considering that this was supposed to be a full release trailer, it should have showcased everything the game is capable of, not just a few random action scenes voiced over by someone they know nothing about. -sigh-
I've heard about PoE by accidentally finding the Open Beta trailer on youtube... watched it one time and played the game ever since.

Watching the official release trailer now... I'm sorry to say, but it's weak. Much weaker than the Open Beta, in any case. Of course, this will not defer me from playing on, but from a new player perspective, it might be dissapointing.

I don't like advertising in general, but knowing that PoE *is* a good game now and very likely *will* be upon release, I wish you would've spent just a bit more time on trailer production.

Just my old farted opinion :-)
My hovercraft is full of eels!
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
GedPoE wrote:

You obviously didn't watch the trailer because it pretty much showed nothing but gameplay.

I'm not sure that's what he meant. Gameplay as in someone actually playing the game with gameplay pov. Using the game engine to play scripted scene is not gameplay.
"
jan3sobieski wrote:
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
GedPoE wrote:

I'm not sure that's what he meant. Gameplay as in someone actually playing the game with gameplay pov. Using the game engine to play scripted scene is not gameplay.

Then it would have been called a "gameplay trailer"
"
arpgfan wrote:

Then it would have been called a "gameplay trailer"

Umm, no. The Open Beta trailer showed a ton of gameplay and was NOT called a "gameplay trailer" as you put it.
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
GedPoE wrote:

Completely agree. Having the trailer voiced over by the new class is.... confusing. Anyone who doesn't know about the game, will take away nothing from this trailer. And might even be slightly confused. Considering that this was supposed to be a full release trailer, it should have showcased everything the game is capable of, not just a few random action scenes voiced over by someone they know nothing about. -sigh-

This
So there finally be some non-Maramoa tits in this game. Or at least new picture on main page (and trailer's ending) says so...
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info