Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

So it sounds like everybody just wanted GGG to copy/paste the old trailer.. Huh, well that's easy! here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWbXdDpyarA It shows you how to do stuff and things.

FYI games on steam often have a few trailers listed, so for them to do two identical trailers is overly repetitive, if you don't understand what the first trailer is saying then you're not going to understand a second trailer saying the same exact thing. Better to give multiple angles of the product.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Although I was absolutely blown away by the media coverage of 1.0, I need to be honest: the trailer was a bit of a let-down. Unfortunately in the cinematics game, you really need to either go big or go home; I understand your staff is small and those things are expensive to make, and if you ask me you should have saved the money. Afast-paced official gameplay trailer with captions like "Trigger Gems" and "Animate Guardian" — essentially a 2-minute summation of the GameSpot video — would have been better.

I agree. They really should've focused on the features of the game and new features for 1.0. The OB trailer got me hooked. I actually watched the OB trailer a few times since playing just because it was cool.

Sorry GGG. I love you. I think a lot of players are unhappy with the new trailer because WE already know this game is great and the release has awesome content, but the trailer doesn't showcase the game itself to draw new ppl in, it's just a cinematic.

"
mothra74 wrote:
...I like the trailer, although I would have called it scion class announcement trailer and prepare something more informative like the open beta trailer was for the actual release trailer. GGG can still do this, maybe they will put out some features/world/bosses/maps trailer later.

Exactly.

"
Aziraphale wrote:
...Anyone who doesn't know about the game, will take away nothing from this trailer. And might even be slightly confused. Considering that this was supposed to be a full release trailer, it should have showcased everything the game is capable of, not just a few random action scenes voiced over by someone they know nothing about. -sigh-
Last edited by _Nerevarine_ on Oct 4, 2013, 5:52:29 PM
the camera zoomed so much was really a mistake lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Trailer was, you know, okay I guess. But ergh, that last screen. Leaving us on a shot of a woman with flowing blonde hair and almost-nonexistent armour that of course includes a very open front. It reminds me of - no, not strong enough: it's more or less identical to what I see on ads for every single other free-to-play fantasy game from Facebook and browser games through iOS and up, and it's honestly the first time that I've ever mentally categorised Path of Exile with the rest of that incredibly tacky F2P world, even for a moment.

Hey, maybe the marketing works, I don't know. And I'm really looking forward to 1.0, and think the game and the team deserves a tonne of praise for what they've created so far. Nevertheless, I still felt the need to sign in for the first time in months just to say you made me want to throw up a bit.
Best. Trailer. Ever
POWER
FREEDOM
REVENGE

BOOBS....

Why did you feel compelled to add boobs to your trailer when you magnificently avoided it from the start?

Not that I don't like some, but I don't want to end up with some LoL style chara design ;)
I'm sorry but it really sucks..
FUS RO DAH!
looks epic, I cant wait to play the new content.
Is that a new class I see in the trailer?
the trailer does not do the game justice at all.

I love this game and play almost every day. I cringed when i watched how poorly the animations play out in the trailer.

I dont think this trailer is going to pull new people in :(

The steam release surely will and hopefully some of those gameplay trailers/hype will.
IGN- Shaeyaena
"
jeppesu wrote:
Best. Trailer. Ever

yeah when you lived behind the moon the last 30 years ... it is
but when you were on earth then this trailer is just meh
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info