[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

I am loving this build so far but the only question I have is why the choice of a 2h over a dual wield/1h+shield. If it is mainly preference how would I go about dual wield or 1h+shield?
i've already explained that but here we go again ^^

Now let's start with the dual wielding ... dual wielding makes little sense becase flicker strike is a single hand attack. That means that with each attack yo will alternate weapons and aside from the base dual wield damage and attack speed boost yo don't get much. Furthermore 1h weapons have less damage bt more attack speed ... that leads to many fast attacks for less damage per hit which s a bad thing for flicker strike where you want big hits capable of one-shotting ( becase you don't want to loose too much/any frenzy chargs hile yo are flickering )

1h+shield ... is ok hen it comes to defense bt deals A LOT less damage.. as simple as that.

Note that this is for non-crit flicker builds!
When it comes to a flicker build i'd say that a CI build with dagger + shield build is the way to go.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 12, 2015, 8:16:17 PM
would be helpfull if u actually HAD flicker strike in ur gems.......
kinda lost here
would be helpfull if u actually READ the guide......
there is an entire "Acive skills"
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello, I would like to know why when I use to flicker strike he goes only only on 3-4 enemy while on videos it attacks everybody-.-

(Sry for my bad english)
Because flicker strike has cooldown, to bypass that cooldown you need to have frenzy charges, to have frenzy charges you need to use blood rage.
Again this is all explained in the guide.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 16, 2015, 2:19:21 PM
One question that has bothered me.

Why you travel all the way Templar area to get those two aura nodes, when there's aura cluster in the Duelist area? It is closer and you also get extra effect to your auras.

Also, how well this build would work for Marauder? It would be silly to see muscular man zapping around, but I found Kaom's Primacy few days ago and axes fit better for Marauder (thematicly).
Why the mana reservation nodes up there.
Actually if you look at it it's not THAT far away, after all the "close" to the duelist mana reservation mode is actually 5 skill points away. Also i go there for the life + chaos res cluster, the chaos res is a nice thing to have when you run blood rage all the time. You also grab life nodes along the way so in my opinion it's worth it to take that rood instead of spending 5 skill points for 4% mana reservation + 6% increased aura effect.

Well as you can see the skill tree reaches the starting physical damage point of the marauder ( the axe version ) so at certain point it just doesn't matter if you've picked duelist or marauder. So yea, marauder is fine.
Hello, loving the build so far for my 2nd character. The only concern I have due to my noobness is how are you able to use 2 auras.. You did mention that you can use hatred and grace (while using Blood Magic Gem); I have trouble understanding this concept.

I use blood magic with frenzy only. Do I need to use blood magic with flicker as well?

Or do I also need to use blood magic for all the active skills?

Could you please explain this like I'm 5yrs old? Thank you!
Exactly you need to use blood magic support gem for your flicker strike aswell. That way you just don't need mana at all and you can reserve all of it. once you get 4% reduced mana reservation from the skill tree(as shown in all my proposed high level skill trees) and once you link you auras to level 19+ reduced mana support gem you'll be ablevto run 2x60%auras (i.e. hatred+grace) ane also herald of ash on top of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info