[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Yeah your right about my crit chance being lowish but I do have a ton of crit multi because I'm in fact wearing abyssus. If I crit vs reflect it does drop me to 1/4 health but I do get an immediate immortal call to stop any further reflect followed by one right after that one when it wears off.
For me it's not worth the trouble.

But in the end it's always about what suits a players preferences and gameplay style. So if it feels right for you then it's all good. :)

Just be careful with the reflect. Leaving aside the fact that loosing 3/4 of your life is a dangerous situation, reflected damage + crit + crit multi from abyssus + more physical damage taken from abyssus + high damage per hit from marohi, can oneshot you ... and no immortal call will help you with that :)
So i'd suggest that you don't do reflect maps because you might run into a reflect pack in a reflect maps ... and that would be a certain death ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 27, 2014, 6:32:27 PM
Yeah, I've been having a lot of issues lately with reflect maps....

4.3k per flicker strike dmg (blood magic).

I'm sorry if it has been brought up before, but PHYS DMG > ASPD when you're looking for a weapon, right?
Last edited by Llght on Jul 28, 2014, 7:46:41 PM
Do you have CWDT level 20 + Molten Shell level 20 ? It is a huge help vs reflect ( also endruing cry + CWDT ) ?
Also you are not using Abyssus right ?

And yes Phys dmg is more important than attack speed when it comes to weapons
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Do you have CWDT level 20 + Molten Shell level 20 ? It is a huge help vs reflect ( also endruing cry + CWDT ) ?
Also you are not using Abyssus right ?

And yes Phys dmg is more important than attack speed when it comes to weapons

Yes I am @ CWDT stuff. No @ Abyssus. I don't know how but I died several times in 66 maps due to reflect mods :( while popping granite. It probably ran out without me noticing and I rektd myself. (Level 78 on standard).
Last edited by Llght on Jul 29, 2014, 8:57:47 AM
OK so how much armour do you have without the granite flask ? Do you use Grace + Iron Reflexes? And how big is your life pool ?
"
KorgothBG wrote:
OK so how much armour do you have without the granite flask ? Do you use Grace + Iron Reflexes? And how big is your life pool ?

Sorry but can you take a look at my gear and tree? I've been out of the game for a while and just got back to try this :P

tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wJxBLMFLQmWDjwTTBRNGtsb-iSbJd8m-CcgJ-0ppTBPMHcxnjWSNug6UjwtR35KfUrITP9N404qVvpYr1nzWf5aGluvYEthIWVNZadnoGqTbmluqnKpdO14DXrvfNl89YCKhNmE74Zgh3aI8YoilZuZK5_LogCkGaZXqWipbqvFrKqvbLXytkG3Pr2Bvea-ir6nwA_ApsDzwaPE9sWKxq7STdXt3Q3iYeLq6wnuDvAf9035Y_yJ_MX-Cv6P

gear

I have CWDT/Molten/Enduring/whatever on my weapon (just trying to link it atm).

44% preduction with grace on.
Last edited by Llght on Jul 29, 2014, 9:38:31 PM
Well you definitely need more life. The armour value of your gear is pretty low.
It's not that bad.
The reflect problems could be result of all that can't really tell. For now just don't run physical reflect maps it's not like you need/must do it :D

Oh and don't forget to add quality on your axe once when you are finished linking it.. sometimes people forget that they lose the quality when they link an item ( myself included )

And just an advice - You need frenzy to get frenzy charges. Multistrike actually makes that harder because you get 1 frenzy charge per 3 hits with it ;)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you definitely need more life. The armour value of your gear is pretty low.
It's not that bad.
The reflect problems could be result of all that can't really tell. For now just don't run physical reflect maps it's not like you need/must do it :D

Oh and don't forget to add quality on your axe once when you are finished linking it.. sometimes people forget that they lose the quality when they link an item ( myself included )

And just an advice - You need frenzy to get frenzy charges. Multistrike actually makes that harder because you get 1 frenzy charge per 3 hits with it ;)

I linked Frenzy to multistrike for single dps purposes. I do have a bow on switch for charging frenzy at long ranges. Thanks for the advice!
bow
I see . Keep in mind that the 4L multistrike deals a lot less compared to your flicker strike ( also note that flicker strike tool tip IS NOT displaying DPS but damage per cast multiply it by your attacks per second and you'll get your actual dps )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info