[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well it's not that bad .. don't worry too much about it ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
You should make a tree for marauder too. It seems as it would be viable to play this build as a marauder too.
It can be done but i think that it would be slightly less optimized.
2 possible roads i guess ...
the damage road
start from the damage nodes get born to fight > butchery > resolute technique.
and the defensive road
start with the life/armour go to Warrior's Blood then go down and you are on the track of the duelist tree.
Templar and Scion are also good options. Hell ... even ranger is doable!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I think if you start as marauder you can skip going up to templar area altogether. The life nodes you get in a marauder area equal those found in templar area.

That's why i thought marauder would be a good choice too.
Well that's also a possibility.
Great guide, insanely fun build. Overall I'm very very very impressed of how effective and fun flickering is, just got to 62 and killed Piety in 2 days with this.
Keep up the great work :)
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!
Definitely gonna give this a go. Never tried flicker strike.
Wouldn't
be a decent chest as well?
It sure is. To be honest i find the Lightning Coil to be one of the best chests in PoE. Good thing i bought a 6L while they were still cheap!

After the unsatisfying results with the evasion/dodge facebreaker i was thinking about making such build with a 2h flicker striker ( actually i had that idea for quite some time ) but perhaps i'll wait till the mini-expansion release.
I'm running 2handed flicker in the one month standard right now and it's definitely fun
Anyhow this is my passive tree for a scion start it's a bit less dps but I get an extra 60% aura. I'm also using a marohi and that uniq mace is made for flicker strike imo. I think you should drop bloodmagic and just get a bit of mana regen and some mana leach. It really doesn't take much leach to get it all back when you have this much physical dps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecDlghnCZYOPBRxFSAW-RcvGDwZhRmGGYoabBqPHaohVSSqJyAnLyftKaUqTSzpLPsx-zSONuk5DjsoPC09_EGHQo5Co0TnRnFKfU4qVdZWLVb6WGNZ81uvXz9gQ2TnZp5nm2ega9luPW-ecrt2CHdid-N89X_jgKSDCYY7h3aIOIjxiiKMz5BVkzqbWJu1nYqfy6FtpKynMKgYrEesf6yqrj63PrnNvJ-9J8AawKbA88EEwzrE9sauykrdDd7B4Yjjn-RR5K3rCess7w7yL_Pd9kj22vno-tL7CfyJ_MX-Cv_T

I don't take resolute and imo I think the build can be better without it because your more likely to one hit larger monsters with crit then without it and some times you run into packs that are only large tanky monsters.

I agree the build is terrible for party play I'd suggest switching flicker to cyclone instead of frenzy if your gonna party up. For running piety the build is pretty amazing and it helps that you can build up frenzy charges on her portals before the fight.

I also run two cwdt set ups with immortal call to help deal with reflect. I pretty much have cwdt up 100% of the time vs a reflect pack.
About playing with mana ... i've talked about it in the guide and yes it is possible ;)

About crit ... for me crit is a no go .. because you can't get enough crit chance atleast 50% ( with marohi you must be somewhere around 13% crit chance ) or crit multiplier ( judging by the tree you have non ) to really make it count. Criting for 0.5 times times more damage once every 10 hits is close to nothing. Not to mention that reflect hurts more when you actually crit. And because of the low possible crit chance in the end you deal far less compared to resolute technique. With such low crit chance you actually end up with missing one of 10 hits and critting ( for only 150% damage ) one every 10 times. Basically it evens out .. but resolute technique takes less passive points ( compared to your current points spend for accuracy and crit).

And just another thought it's even worse in your case because you use mana and missing and because of that miss not leeching mana actually is a big deal.

That's just my opinion tho :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 27, 2014, 5:28:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info