[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Ezrael49
Melee damage on full life is certainly a support that i'll test a bit today to see if it fits well. Last time i've tested it it didn't really worked most of the time though.

@frogemoth
Hopefully it won't be nerfed too hard :P I don't think it is popular enough to get a nerf though ... furthermore Oro is the "popular" way to make a flicker striker ( even though i personally find it inferior... unless you are a party player ) thus in my opinion the build is safe ... for now at least.
Now about using flicker strike. Flicker strike auto targets so you don't need to point the target OR to hold shift. Just click on the ground and if a monster is within your range you will flicker on it.
Your gear looks good and i can't really suggest an upgrade that costs reasonable amounts of currency

OK, I'll try that. Gameplay wise it is totally different than the way I was playing before, normally I kill things and loot things, now I need to only loot once I have cleared the map, that's hard for me to leave all this loot laying on the ground ;)
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Yeah that is rather annoying indeed. i do tend to stop to pick up only some orbs, some uniques, some maps and some divination cards, rings and amulets ( the missing rares for chaos recipes i loot from the boss kill ) so i just stop, maybe leap slam back once or twice to pick up what i want ( when i hear the loot filter sound for it ) and move forward.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@Ezrael49
I've just tried melee damage on full life and sadly it still doesn't work. Even with the Slayer's leech while using blood rage my life is always 4 points below the maximum thus the support gem never works.

EDIT: After some more digging around i've found out that it is indeed impossible in Path of exile to every be on full life while you are degeneration life , no matter your life regeneration or life leech.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 23, 2016, 12:14:35 PM
Assigning Flicker Strike to the left mouse button doesn't work, if you are not clicking on a monster then your character will walk instead of flickering. Right mouse button works like a charm though, really enjoying this build, very fun to play.

Yesterday I did the uber lab, was waiting to level up first since I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it without dying but I managed, tough Izaro is really hard to kill since you cannot use Flicker Strike because of lack of Frenzy charges. I got a nice enchantment on my boots for my reward, really happy.

Edit: I took the Headsman ascendency with my 2 extra points, with this node you can now do Physical Reflect map without problems. This is nice, I can now run my maps unidentified for the extra quantity bonus without having to worry about reflect :)
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Last edited by frogemoth on Jun 27, 2016, 3:07:00 PM
How do you feel about Marohi vs Hezmana? I have a good 247% 5L Marohi and I like the stun, but the extra dps from switching to the axe tree and also from dropping mana leech nodes (3) sounds appealing. Marohi also hits slower and harder, which makes maintaining frenzy charges easier and scales more from IAS. I have a good amount of mana leech on jewelry, but still get oom occasionally.

Amazing guide. Excellent quality. Used it all the way to 88.
Last edited by Archangel1337 on Jul 3, 2016, 12:00:51 AM
Any advice on my current gear? Would it be worth it to drop the 6L chest for a 5L Daresso? I don't have Impact yet and was considering skipping it in favor of Headsman (as long as I keep a 6L). I have ~2ex to spend.

Spoiler

Was also thinking of swapping Marohi for Hezmana.

My current tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAAHcBS0HdQmWDY0UIBXsITQhVSP2JyAs-zBxMHwxnjWSOQ46QjrhOzs9_D7PQKBBP0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipQR1FHUeZYY1oaW69eE18_ZU1vO3Ttdn92rHdTd-N4DXh6eWh673uMfNl-4ITEhNmE74VSh2qHdooiivCNfY2_kAqXeZkrnleexaOKplepJ6luqZStjbQvtfK5Hb02vYG95r6nwBrApsEEwzPEWMqQz37UI9i92WHawdw93ajjn-RR6UbqGOsJ7g7vDvJF9kj3MvzF_gr-jw==
Last edited by Archangel1337 on Jul 2, 2016, 11:59:49 PM
Would it be worth to use the Voidheart ring with this build?
Sorry that i wasn't around for awhile.

So..

@frogemoth
The headsman helps with phys reflect maps ... until you have very high damage .. than it doesn't help that much ( though with careful flask management it is doable ), gratz on the Lab ;)

@Archangel1337
I really prefer Hezmana. Don't skip Impact, skip Brutal fervor instead if you want headsman that much. As for your gear ... your 6L chest or 5L daresso .. for me that's a though call ... i'd prefer the daresso but many wouldn't ... i really can't tell you which one is the "right" way. Oh and get Lion's Roar.

@tooedgyfourme
Voidheart is ... ok ... without any external support though ( and this build doesn't provide any ) it is not really as powerful as it seems to be. It is a nice addition in boss fights but it is in no way mandatory nor it does make a big difference outside of that.
What's a good way to level this character? I got a Facebreaker, was thinking of just using Ice Crash with it to get through until I get unlimited Flicker Strike.
Yes, that is a god way to level up ( though ice crash requires level 28 to use ). Personally i level up with cleave > sunder > flicker strike.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 6, 2016, 1:38:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info