[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

@parapaparapa
Outmatch and Outlast - You already have absolutely no problem with the frenzy charge generation, there are currently 3 great ways of generating frenzy charges and pairing any 2 of them does the job. Wasting ( yes wasting ) your ascendancy class and then 2 of your ascendancy passive points is something that i simply cannot recommend. If you want to do you though - be my guest.

Gratuitous violence and Blood in the eyes - Both are good indeed ( thanks for reminding me to mention that ) but in my opinion - simply not good enough. The increased damage is indeed nice ( if you use Atziri disfavor ) but pretty much that's it.

@Semune
Well like i stated in the guide:

"
KorgothBG wrote:
You'll also notice that i haven't picked up many jewel sockets. That is because once again it depends you and on the jewels taht you have at your disposal. When you consider grabbing a jewel socket do the math - calculate what you'll get from the jewel and how many passive skill points you have to spend to get that socket, then see if you can get better results if you just spend those points on regular passives. See which option gives you better results and go with it. There are extremely awesome rare jewels, don't be afraid to get sockets for them if it's worth it!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 10, 2016, 1:38:18 AM
So you think wasting 2 gem sockets and 35% mana reservation for utility (that gets rekt by curse immune) is better, right? Could replace that garbage with Herald of ash for actual damage. You should seriously try it before brushing it off as bad.
Blood dance and blood rage are enough to generate charges, i use poachers mark mainly for the mana/life per hit at this point though if you dont wsnt to use it again it is not a mandatory generator. Hell if you want to use only blood rage and because of that you want to pick gladiator - by all means go ahead and do that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
One thing to report that I've noticed (might have been mentioned previously, if so apologies in advance)

I usually play with lockstep turned off (awful australian internet, lockstep makes it feel like I'm playing on US servers), however sometimes with huge packs of mobs (respawning perandus chests) that you ended up flickering constantly for a while, I found it causing some crazy weird disorienting dsync issues, not to mention I found a lot of my flickers not landing hits despite being at 100% chance to hit.

So anyway, turned lockstep back on and although it feels icky due to my high latency, flickering itself feels much, much nicer.

tl;dr - if anyone is flickering and finding it feeling sort of weird and like your hits aren't always landing, check your lockstep settings.
How have I never seen this build before.. It's amazing. Well enough drooling, I just came here to ask a quick question about how you feel about using The Retch unique belt for this build, going slayer and taking both the right side. I'll also have a Hezmana for the time being.
IGN TitsofaBeaver
@Driiftwood
Absolutely. The most prone to desync skill in the entire game is in fact flicker strike.

@Mectosh
Yes, the Retch is a very nice belt for the build.
This looks like a really fun build and I think I'm going to give it a try.

I used your Facebreaker build a few leagues back and my friends actually got pissed off at how much better my damage was than theirs :P

Thank you for the awesome effort you put into your guides, and huge kudos to not raging at people who are incredibly rude with comments.
Hey dude!
First of all, great build, very well written and easy to follow.
Currently my gear is like this(btw couldnt link the stuff better cause i got poor buying the axe :P )
Spoiler

I'm currently thinking about doing Atziri. I'm wondering if Flicker is the best setup to do this. Or should I use Frenzy for it?
I'm having some trouble with mana too, not the regen/leech, but the mana number. Sometimes i cant cast Flicker cause of this
Thanks bro!
Last edited by gdmusse on Mar 13, 2016, 3:32:21 AM
Well for Atziri Frenzy might be a better option, because yo can't afford to se Flicker + multistrike in the split phase.

as for the mana, i don't know mate ... you shouldn't have problems.
Guess he has the same problem i'm currently facing --> mana cost of flicker is 40, mana left is only 59 (only an example). If your dmg is not that good it happens that you run out of mana and have to pop a flask to continue with your attacks. It does not make it unplayable but at an early level it really slows you down and it is a little bit annoying :D

I'm only at 45 atm with no great gear so that might be one reason. Another is the high amount of reserved mana (hatred+blasphemy) only enables me to perform 1 flicker strike (cost: 40 mana atm with a 4L) and i only have 59 mana left total after i activate my 2 auras^^

Still a great guide and i'm enjoying it. The mana problems will be gone in a few more levels and after i obtained better items (hopefully).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info