Difficulty Level Naming

Actually I was thinking the other way around on this one --

1)Exile
2)Banishment
3)Total Damnation

To me it seems to fit more with the game title's mythology...and sounds a bit different than the way Diablo 2/3 does things.
Last edited by Ghostmage on Aug 22, 2011, 6:16:20 PM
"
Madbreather wrote:
"
rephikul wrote:
"Desperate" difficulty
If it's technically (and practically) impossible to solo

"Lunatic" difficulty
If it's possible, but not for the faint of heart. 95% of players shouldnt even be able to scratch this and even when they do it's an extremely odd build specifically tailored for this difficulty and death is a common thing still.

I think every Difficulty should be attainable doing the campaign solo. Otherwise only 30% of all the community would pass the Beach part right in the beggining. :P Jokes aside I think that every difficulty should give you a tittle for finishing it. Rather than just Epic gear you would walk the lands with an awesome title on your head. And you could also create a special area where all the people who would finish the game on the hardest difficulty could meet and join other worlds.

Something cannot be soloed is inherently more difficult then those that can. Have you played those old mmos where people need a party to beat rats outside the city wall? Giving ridiculous names to modes where every average joe can complete is just cheese.

Just for example, let's say we can make an easily tauntable melee boss that can 1HKO every characters in the game and run fast enough that none but only someone who has all speed bonuses. That mean, in order to beat that boss you either need a character taking ALL +speed traits and do a battle of attrition or bring friends and play ping pong with him. Is it fun to fight something like that? I'd say yes. Will most people be able to do it. I'd say no.
Please pardon my bad english
Last edited by rephikul on Aug 23, 2011, 1:29:24 AM
Here's my list of adjectives.

abysmal - Impossible/take long time to finish
merciless - Very Hard
virulent - Hard
frenzied - Easy
http://www.dslreports.com/im/98356271/7238.png
example
banished, cursed, doomed.
Legendary, Inferno, Hell, Mythic
What about Devastating
Hard, Cruel and Ruthless. and the fourth should be "Fucking Impossible"
Ascending difficulty labels, pertaining mostly to fear and the end of reality;

Normal diff- psychosis
N +1 - asylum
N +2 - nadir
N +3 - ragnarok
Neutral, Chaotic, Evil.
In our exile, we ride upon the shoulders of giants.
I'm not absolutely pleased with the Neutral, but then, um not displeased with it... In fact, fittingly, I'm rather neutral...
Hmm.
For a fourth...

or perhaps a different Glyph.

Metatrons Cube is as epic as a glyph can get... and it can be animated when selected, so as to thwart confusion.

Or "we" could name it after the lords of the the underworld, going back further would mean further difficulty...

x_X

IE:
Vecna,
Orcus,
Demogorgon.

That's just off the top of my head and not languishing so much that I would argue over the specific lore of each master of evil (there spheres of influence/background/history/followers/servants/ETC.)

That can come later, I'm just putting the idea out there in the Dev Disc so it can be considered... and only 50 pages deep at that.
xD
Patience is a virtue.
Last edited by Nazaxprime on Aug 24, 2011, 7:54:54 PM
"
ness wrote:
I don't like naming difficulty lvl by adjectives relating to pain (ruthless) or epicness (legendary and such). I think is a bit cheesy.
Naming starting diff as hard is cheesy too :P
Like some cheap advertisement - your brand new "luxury" car for 10k Euro only or such.

I don't know anything about story but why not try something connected to exile like:
??? -> Forsaken -> Banished -> Exiled -> ???

I favor this idea, seeing how the game IS being based around it. +1 vote from me.
I need mana! Not enough mana! I need mana! I need mana! Not enough mana! I need mana! All who appose me, beware!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info