Difficulty Level Naming

Currently, Path of Exile has three difficulty levels: Hard, Cruel and Ruthless.

We're going to be adding a fourth difficulty level to the alpha realm soon, and need some ideas for its name.

Please suggest (serious) names in this thread, so that we can select the ones that we like the best and add a poll to the thread.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
It's okay for us to change the names of the existing three if needed.

So far we're liking:

a) Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Merciless

b) Hard, Cruel, Ruthless, Exiled

c) Some series of synonyms of "exiled" like Outcast, _____, _____, Exiled.

Any opinions on which you guys prefer out of those ones? Or shall I add a poll?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
innoruuk wrote:
i really like Path of ... in front of all difficulties.

But those are all our sequel names!
Banished is pretty cool as one of the synonyms.

The reason we want four difficulties is because three isn't enough to do what we want. No one will survive the fourth difficulty though, so the point is a little moot.
Looking at kungfooe's post, I like the rearrangement: Outcast, Condemned, Banished, Exiled

I feel that "Shunned", "Marooned" and "Castaway" aren't strong enough words to represent the act of being exiled. "Expatriated" sounds like it came straight out of a thesaurus (it'll look odd as a difficulty level name).

It may be necessary for us to not put a specific name on the first difficulty (essentially "Normal", which we jokingly called "Hard" for now).

I'll talk to the others about these suggestions soon. They'll get a lot of strong opinions, I'm sure.
"
zeto wrote:

I would personally therefore expect some sort of significant difference between the interface (condemned/Banished) that wasn't there for the other interfaces.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean by interfaces in this context, please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info