My thoughts on 1.0 details! .... Oh wait, there are no details.

"
"
VistaChris wrote:
charan just saved me 10 minutes of typing (i plink with my pointer while im dual wielding beers being careful not to spill TOO MUCH on my keyboard)

thanks brother!

I'm sorry, DUAL WIELDING BEERS?

What sort of God in the Form of a Man art thou?!

Typing with your nose or toes?

That's why I 1-hand my beers in my off hand (oh shit, I'm drinking before noon again).
"
VistaChris wrote:
charan just saved me 10 minutes of typing (i plink with my pointer while im dual wielding beers being careful not to spill TOO MUCH on my keyboard)

thanks brother!

I've never wanted to quote something quite this badly on PoE forums..
"
justinloase wrote:
There are no details because GGG is not ready to release details. Baffling, yes? Demanding info from a company that already shares more than most is a spit in the face. I would certainly re-access my PR strategy if my customers started demanding info from me because I had been so generous with it previously. Give em an inch and they'll take a mile, and all that.

You don't think Chris and co. aren't giddy about sharing all their new toys with us. Judging from their playfulness with the community you know they are. So, it only stands to reason that they have reasons for not spilling the beans yet.

I would love some info, but since I have none, then I have none and will have to wait. Life's a bitch and needs a buff!

No one in this whole thread is "demanding" anything. "Hey guys what you working on?" is basically what me, and a few others, are asking for. Is this really coming across as some sort of childish entitlement??

Well at least I know act3x is coming! smh.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Chris is definitely the sort of guy who wants to share all his awesome toys, but is well aware that at least one of the other kids will break them.

I cannot express enough how gleeful he gets when showing off forthcoming features to those he trusts. I've not met many people in my life who truly get pleasure out of giving, but he's one.

But he's also a businessman who knows better than to play all his cards at once.

Come on guys. This is all common sense.

Your posts actually contain common sense.. What the hell are you doing on these forums?

Charan has always been a terrible influence.
Forum Sheriff
"
Chris is definitely the sort of guy who wants to share all his awesome toys, but is well aware that at least one of the other kids will break them.

I cannot express enough how gleeful he gets when showing off forthcoming features to those he trusts. I've not met many people in my life who truly get pleasure out of giving, but he's one.

But he's also a businessman who knows better than to play all his cards at once.

Come on guys. This is all common sense.

I'm not trying to "convince" anyone. This is purely my opinion which is the entire point of a forum.

All I'm saying is upon nearing the culmination of a project you have been working on for years, you are diverting from everything you have done in the past. We are getting less and less information, postings, details, screenies, ect.. at a time where this should be INCREASING.

People can think whatever they want. My opinion means nothing really. I guess I will just let it go. This just seems like a frog slowly being heated to a boil.

We will see in 6 weeks. Maybe I'll necro the thread if an "I told you so" is in order.

I hope I find myself saying "this is incredible!", without saying "why the fuck was this a secret?!" right after.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
If you are already jaded by the game, no amount of rocktober and act 3.5x will change your mind. Not even pictures of Rory dancing wildly on the table.

Also not too sure about why there's a need for details. Hush hush can be a nice surprise.
Last edited by Lyralei on Sep 9, 2013, 8:04:39 PM
I expect info on the patch/release 1-2 weeks beforehand.
Not now.

Why does it matter anyway? You can't play the added content/changes until they are implemented. Which is the same date, regardless of when info is spoiled.
"
"
Lyralei wrote:
If you are already jaded by the game, no amount of rocktober and act 3.5x will change your mind. Not even pictures of Rory dancing wildly on the table.

...I would like to test that theory.

Now maybe if Mark joined in they might be moved.

..probably not, they'll just complain about Rory's dancing and how underwhelming it is.
"
Lyralei wrote:

Also not too sure about why there's a need for details. Hush hush can be a nice surprise.

The opposite of this would involve the fanboy syndrome, loving the release blindly, and assuming GGG can do no wrong. One is far worse than the other. In fact skepticism is essential, in business, politics, journalism... actually pretty much everything.

But very well, I will let it go. I feel as though I might starting falling for a troll trap soon, and I have no desire to type to an audience at a boy band concert that just screams in joy no matter what they see or hear. Unfortunate.

**And for the record I have donated a few hundred dollars, and I really hope GGG is successful. I just don't like how things are going. The money doesn't matter to me, Chris can snort coke off hookers with my cash, I don't care. Just would like to see things remain how they were. It seems they are getting away from what made them so appealing in the first place.
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info