ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
ixAwe wrote:
What gloves do you recommend?

Just get rares with life and resistances, maybe accuracy as well.
"
Borat187 wrote:
Hey Guys/Girls,

i have a quick question. Just bought me a new ring and have a free crafting spot. Is flat chaos dam (8-18 to 11-23) superior to flat phys (3-5 to 7-9) or is it just not worth the 13c?

Unfortunately 13c are way to much for me for just "testing" it out :) Maybe you can help.

Greetz Borat

Save the chaos. I don't think it is worth spending 13 chaos for those mods.
BUILD VARIATIONS

I hope some are trying new things on the build! The good thing about the tree now is that is not specialized into block anymore, it is a crit dagger Ranger tree. Our block comes from items and flasks. So you can customize the build to try many different things!

Ranged Mode:

- Some people want to play 100% at range. I recommend grabbing the Pierce nodes on the tree to get up to 100% pierce chance which is extremely good with LS. Also recommend replacing any melee damage nodes with projectile nodes. The Shadow projectile node called Sniper is a good node to take
- For gems you can either keep Bringer of Rain setup (LS+MS+WED+ICD), or you can switch to a 6L and use LS + FA + MS + WED + ICD + PPAD or Added Fire Damage
- You will NOT have high block or Blind anymore, but since you are 100% range then it would not matter
- This setup will give you extremely high projectile damage

Other Skills:

- You can swap in and use many other skills, however none of these I have found to be as flexible as Lightning Strike as you are stuck in melee range and will have problems with reflect. But I know some people like these skills:
Molten Strike
Static Strike
Reave

Acrobatics:

- This is when you drop block flask and take Acrobatics instead. I am not a big fan of this since you might as well play a bow build if you going for only evasion + Acro. But it can work.
- This frees up your shield and amulet - you can take high evasion shield with life and resistances, and any amulet you want to use since you are dropping spell block in favor of Phase Acro
- You can also use Atziri Step
- This will give you permanent 40% Dodge and 46% Spell Dodge. Unfortunately your Spell Dodge cannot get higher than this compared to the 75% block we can get on the original build
- You have more flexibility around Bringer of Rain as well and can use a rare/other unique if you are OK losing the Blind

Beast Mode:

- This is for those who are tired with the game and just want to destroy everything
- Drop Bringer of Rain for Abyssus and add in HoThunder, keep the rest of the build the same. I get ~580K DPS fully buffed with this setup compared to 330K on the main build.
- If you want even higher sustained DPS then get crit amulet and rings. Although I would point out that dual curse Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness would give higher DPS than a crit amulet. However crit amulet gives you permanent damage boost
- Tree remains the same. DPS screenshot below where I took out Bringer of Rain and put on Abyssus and Tabula Rasa with LS + MS + FA + ICD + WED + MPD

Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 4, 2015, 8:50:11 AM
Holy...

Dat DPS!!
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Thx for all the replies.

Yet another question: I'll got my Whirling Blades on a decent Unset Ring and I'm planning to run a CWDT Setup on Rathpith. What Lvl of CWDT would you recommend?

This is my setup:

Any advices?
Greetz
Can you please update the hardcore tree in the Hardcore section? I really like this build and I wanna give it a try in hardcore!
"
Borat187 wrote:
Thx for all the replies.

Yet another question: I'll got my Whirling Blades on a decent Unset Ring and I'm planning to run a CWDT Setup on Rathpith. What Lvl of CWDT would you recommend?

This is my setup:

Any advices?
Greetz

Depends on your life pool and how much damage you feel comfortable taking before CWDT is initiated. Also depends if you are using CWDT for physical attacks or for physical spells.

For physical attacks you want high duration of IC so that it does not screw up with your evasion. Maybe set the CWDT such that it procs when ~half of your life is taken. You cannot use low duration IC with evasion because you are guaranteed to evade some hits after you take a hit, so you are wasting IC unless you have it at a good duration.

For physical spells you want quick procs of IC to avoid getting chain stunned and since obviously there is no evasion against physical spells so there is no reset period where you are immune unlike evasion vs physical attacks. 3 examples of this come to mind is vs. Academy boss, A'alai, and Dungeon boss - they have spells that proc at a very high rate but do lowish damage per proc so this is when a low level CWDT + IC set up is feasible, so that you can have almost permanent IC up between your spell blocks. Try maybe low-level CWDT that procs around 1/8 - 1/4 of your life.

Here is a good example where I used CWDT-IC on very low threshold to help against Academy boss. I don't have any enduring cry so I get only minimum duration of IC at 0.01s lol. Still it works extremely well because it is being activated very frequently:
http://youtu.be/K4zyArXUI-w?t=39s

On this build you should not have trouble with physical attacks if you are using blind and Enfeeble.

However if you want to compromise then set CWDT somewhere between the physical attack and the physical spell levels, so maybe at ~1/3 life is a good compromise.

I encourage you to try different setups until you find what works best for you!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 6, 2015, 8:49:52 AM
"
Benstylez wrote:
Can you please update the hardcore tree in the Hardcore section? I really like this build and I wanna give it a try in hardcore!

For clarity, I mean the Lightning Strike build and for 1.3 :) Thanks in advance!
can you please tell which gems you have linked in your dagger?
For ranged in the 1.2 patch someone was running ls,wed,ms,fa,ppad,lmp I tried it out with a rats nest and a lightning coil its not bad you cover a lot of area, i think ttdps was about 70000 with this dagger.
Spoiler
Dont think i used maligros which you could easily if you can cap resists. Its an interesting option now that spec throw and abyssus is nerfed.
Last edited by Fhark on Feb 6, 2015, 2:59:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info