:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Well i finished steins gate, and it's seriously over rated.

Brutal opinion, it seems aimed more at the [Removed by Support] crowd (one that like watching pewdiepie) that tend to focus on some really obscure thing they think is awesome.

It's an average time travel show that takes some of the newer theories on time travel and the multi verse and spins an average story, the highlight of which is Kyōma loosing his shit trying to save whatsherface.

On the whole, it's not enough to make me want to engage in the new series.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Franklin_GGG on Apr 21, 2018, 7:23:43 AM
I had a blast today with the 2nd episode of hisone to masotan. I still don't know yet if they wanna go full on all out comedy or if it gets more serious... but it seems pretty damn nice so far. Some pure comedy gold so far.
As is hinamatsuri. I almost died to suffocation due to laughing too much in the part about that bartender girl in the latest episode. I just... can't. That shit cracks me up even thinking about it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
ever since i can remember all i wanted was to see the outside world!!!
^I was waiting for that, took you a while Charan.

Not that i agree or disagree, i just knew you wouldn't be able to let that post slide :p

To each his own, when it comes to anime i think it's fair to say there is something for all of us to like and dislike.

I'm waiting out on the new season of anime until they all get some episodes in so i can binge-watch, currently watching saiki season 2 which is fun.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion but given how universally praised S;G is by a very wide range of anime fans.

And you think that because a majority of vocal fans praise it that it must be good?
You know that a majority can be wrong? right?...i mean just look at trump getting into office, the majority were sure right there............

"
鬼殺し wrote:
you're very much wrong when you say 'it's aimed at the [whatever you said] crowd' and then draw comparisons to those who like watching pewdiepie (whom I find insufferable, as do most people I know). You're just way off-base there. You should have stuck to saying 'I didn't like it' before going off on a wild theorising ride about what sort of person might, because you've just spewed quite a lot of shit and insulted a lot of people in the process.

there is definitely a market for these kind of stories and there is a corresponding group of consumers.

funny, isnt it: nobody likes or understands physics/ maths in school.
but then people fall for series whos plot is based on "multiverse"/ "string-theory", "quantum-physics"...like...these are subjects that not even someone who actually studies physics will claim to understand fully; but hey, this series and wikipedia will enlighten me!

the best part about this pseudo-physics-genre is that as a writer one can be lazy as f*ck, the deus-ex-machina IS your story, rofl.
and most people wouldnt dare doubt the genius and intellectual value of such a fine piece of art - as praising it equals understanding it, understanding very complex things ...and not praising it equals not understanding it, being stupid: "oh, you cant really judge, it is obvious you havent fully understood it and missed this detail, that twist! you only dislike it because you havent understood it.".
look at the reviews for inception, interstellar, bioshock infinite, nier:automata: so smart! but actually, these are utterly poorly constructed stories that are overly cluttered (so complex! no- it is not.).

there is a market, a type of product, across all media or genre, but it has to be entertainment first - that serves the purpose of making not-so-smart people feel smarter than they are - when they are merely consuming a piece of entertainment.

even in the year 2018...you still have to read the whole book, the actual book, and then another book if you want to genuinely sharpen your intellect.

how many steinsgate-fans have read heidegger, hm? "man is a timely/ fleeting creature", rofl, that quote means nothing, and i do in fact know its context. "oh heidegger, so smart, a philosophical quote, so smart".

and on sales...the japanese have average taste in manga/ anime, if i may say so, all they want is any slice-of-life/ fantasy story.
trigger makes anime for westerners, founded by western money.
Last edited by PaoloPinkel on Apr 22, 2018, 5:17:15 AM
Oh boy, this is going to go... somewhere. Let me grab some popcorn real quick...
@Charan The "hype" associated with it is barely even touching my expectations, i tried the first episode way back when it first aired and dropped it immediately....i had no expectations, i just knew people loved it and nothing else.

"
PaoloPinkel wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
you're very much wrong when you say 'it's aimed at the [whatever you said] crowd' and then draw comparisons to those who like watching pewdiepie (whom I find insufferable, as do most people I know). You're just way off-base there. You should have stuck to saying 'I didn't like it' before going off on a wild theorising ride about what sort of person might, because you've just spewed quite a lot of shit and insulted a lot of people in the process.

there is definitely a market for these kind of stories and there is a corresponding group of consumers.

funny, isnt it: nobody likes or understands physics/ maths in school.
but then people fall for series whos plot is based on "multiverse"/ "string-theory", "quantum-physics"...like...these are subjects that not even someone who actually studies physics will claim to understand fully; but hey, this series and wikipedia will enlighten me!

the best part about this pseudo-physics-genre is that as a writer one can be lazy as f*ck, the deus-ex-machina IS your story, rofl.

Pretty much going with this as my main irritation, don't get me wrong i never was a physics buff but the concept of time travel and the world tree (multiverse) is flawed in this show.

Spoiler
I mean did it really matter how much of a song and dance they made of asking their friends to make those sacrifices to undo mayuri's seemingly inevitable death, the whole parallel universes/multi verse/world tree would say absolutely not, those timeliness already exist and all you are doing is trying to get your consciousness back to a stage where the choices that lead to the death were not made or undone and you continue on on a different line, Time travel shows in general all suffer from this sort of rubbish, as in they put their own wee twist onto time travel to drive the whole story.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 22, 2018, 5:36:34 AM
Megalo box is definitely up there in the top 3. But I still think that the two new comedy gems (Hinamatsuri and Hisone to Masotan) are also extremely good. Sure, it's different genres, but still. I think both of them have the potential to get the edge over megalobox if they get one or two more great episodes OR if megalobox goes slightly downhill. Though I'd honestly prefer the former of the two scenarios.
trying to finish EVA....for the 4th time or so....

why are they conducting obscure "test" every episode and babbling random "sci-fi" non-sense when in the second or so episode this untrained kid takes perfect control over the eva, beats the crap out of some oh-so-dangerous angel and even pulls off backflips while dodging?

oh...and theses angels (so dangerous, so smart, so adavanced) havent shown themselves for decades, but now they mean business, by attacking ONE BY ONE as if this was some jackie chan movie or npcs in assasins creed....the series would be over after one episode if four angels (for three evas plus one) attacked simultaneously...but wont happen....because: THE SCREENWRITER.

and did they make ALL THE CHARACTERS completely unlikeable on purpose? and its not the kinda unlikeable that one might still relate to, a love-hate-thing, its not based on "real" characteristics of real people....they are all just annoyingly unlikeable.

i just dont get this "classic" anime. its sh*t. poorly written. annyoing. pointless. it doesnt even have awesome mecha-battles......i just dont get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info