:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
madmattme wrote:
My fave is Naruto !!

Hmmm, seems like we have quite a bit of room for improvement on this one :D
Have you ever seen Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? If not, then I'd highly recommend doing so. Either one is fine, though brotherhood follows the manga, while the other doesn't in the end. That one compensates that with going more into detail about the character backgrounds though. It's up to you.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Welp, just finished ep24 of Fate. Didn't think I could dislike Jeanne and Sieg any more than I already did. Not a great episode overall, really.

Another fucking great episode of Mahoutsukai no Yome. Goddam I love it.

You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 25, 2017, 3:51:04 AM
Mahoutsukai no Yome had another amazing episode this week, the soundtrack or rather the songs used just blew me away this time. I know they already had a bunch of amazing moments so far (Titania entrance or Lindel's song), but they managed to surprise me once again.
At this point I'm just happy that it's 24 episodes :D
Not that the upcoming season would seem boring... very VERY far from that. It might actually become the best anime season we had in ages... but I just want more Mahoutsukai no Yome for now.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

In contrast, while I like Mango Bride, it's consistently just 'good' animation supplementing a much more fleshed out world and great characters. I find it interesting how many people apply the word 'whimsy' to it (even I did at one point) when it's really quite grim and macabre.

I don't follow any of the scenes around anime, but how the hell did people arrive at "whimsy"?

The story is full of darkness and nicely tucked away evil behind a beautiful outer layer.

The story lift's of with human trafficking and people go "oh whimsical"? :o)?

Ballroom ended, so that's one less anime to look forward to every week :( i'll have to browse and find some new stuff.
For some reason Fate didn't really catch my attention, but i might give it a go, i enjoy binge watching a finished series.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Ballroom ended, so that's one less anime to look forward to every week :( i'll have to browse and find some new stuff.
For some reason Fate didn't really catch my attention, but i might give it a go, i enjoy binge watching a finished series.

Peace,

-Boem-

I never really got into fate either... I probably should. I only heard good things about it so far...

As for ballroom having ended... the next season is one to really look forward to. Right now we are in a calm before the storm... Overlord, Fate, Nanatsu no Taizai, Dagashi Kashi, Saiki kusou no psy-nan, Basilisk, Cardcaptor Sakura and Gintama all get new seasons. And as far as I know those are ALL great series. Also, we have some really strong newcomers, the most anticipated (at least in the west) EASILY being Violet Evergarden. Not to mention quite a few movies to look forward to... the upcoming anime season might be one of the best we had in years.
Fate/Extra is going to be REALLY fascinating. I think the combination of a more popular source and Shaft-gonna-Shaft should make it at least a minor hit.

Gintama's final arc begins next episode. I'm both excited and sad. As the GF said when we finished the last episode of this 'filler' arc, we don't want it to end. It's just too good. Still, all the pieces are in play for a fucking amazing conclusion. I still think if Sorachi and BNP stick the landing, Gintama will be easily the greatest anime series ever made. Consistently hilarious over 350 episodes, capable of jaw-dropping fights and tear-jerking sentimentality, juggling a fucktonne of characters and virtually none of them were throwaway, and all these threads are being pulled together around a big bad who has been there the whole time, in spirit and in person...I've never been so excited for a finale. Ever.

Unfortunately Card Captor Sakura might not have been updated so well. I haven't heard the best reports...

Basilisk confuses me. The old series ended pretty conclusively. I haven't looked into it yet though. For some reason when I get the urge to rewatch Basilisk the character design reminds me I haven't started Garo yet.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
From what I read in the summary on MAL, the new basilisk takes place about a decade or more after the other one. I haven't seen the original basilisk yet, but other series have successfully pulled off huge time gaps between seasons. One of the most popular being Jojo's bizarre adventure. Which I just couldn't get into either. I just... can't get myself to start watching it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

We finished Netjuu -- did I mention that? Great show. Definitely one of the best real life vs online life anime out there. Beautifully original protagonist, great balance of real and online, mature approach to an otherwise worn-out concept.

Cheers bro, that was exactly like you described, very well done from the script creator.

Been a while since i had seen a "romance" themed show in a mature setting, i think RE-life comes close, though handled differently.

Would recommend, my only issue with it would be that it's only 10 episodes. Was kinda bummed when i realized 10 was the final show rather then the usual 12.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
We're almost done with Gamers. Such a wonderful comedy of errors, fueled by the combined threat of Japanese introversion and teenage hormonal rage. As with all good comedies of error, this would all be solved by people just calming the fuck down and talking like adults, but you can't expect closet nerd gamers in year ten to do that...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
We're almost done with Gamers. Such a wonderful comedy of errors, fueled by the combined threat of Japanese introversion and teenage hormonal rage. As with all good comedies of error, this would all be solved by people just calming the fuck down and talking like adults, but you can't expect closet nerd gamers in year ten to do that...

Best part of the entire show was probably "that scene" in episode 6. It was one of the most brilliant buildups I've ever seen in anime. They should've named that series "Misunderstandings" though xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info