:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Finished Wolfs Rain. Well that was a cold mess.

Never finished it, been sitting on a disc for years and i don't think i've watched more than a few episodes....something about it just keeps me from watching it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I do not know why I find the New Game series so addicting to watch. S2 has been even more amazing as a sequel. Oh yea, episode 8 really hit the spot too.

Spoiler

moe moe kyun~

Spoiler

Please Hifumi, do not glare like that, you are too kawaii for that. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 30, 2017, 6:18:10 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fucking loving Arslan. Romance of the Three Kingdoms meets Lodoss.

If you are talking about Arslan Senki, then yes, it is a very awesome series. I hope season 3 comes out next year. The wait is unbearable. :\

Oh yea, I am glad Kalafina was able to take a role for one of the EDs in the series, which was in season 2. The ending was worth not skipping. Though, I did like the OP song too of season 2.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hnnnng episode 9 from Ballroom e Youkoso was just so AMAZING! The wait was really worth it. :D

Episode 9

Tatara really took the "frame and flower" concept to whole new level and made Mako really shine on the floor. Mako shined so brightly that Tatara pretty much disappeared in eye of most of the judges.

Of course, the ones that were aware of this knew that Tatara still had a long way to go to be a true leader.

Though, Tatara is aware of that too since he is still inexperienced and his monstrous talent can only take him so far. He even admitted he reached his limit in the semifinals, so he had resort to taking the "frame and flower" concept to whole new level to beat Shizuku (kinda messed up, but it was Tatara and Mako only chance of making a difference in the final round).

Oh yea, the last episode of Made in Abyss is going to be one hour special.

source:Made in Abyss - final episode 1 hour special

Not going to say much about episode 9, but that was a quick decent to the next layer after starting the episode in the third layer. I heard the anime version gave a bit better detail of this episode (episode 9) than what was provided in the manga.

- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 4, 2017, 1:10:57 AM
chiming in , id like some anime recommendations in the horror genre / comedy that aren´t
-tokyo ghoul
-hellsings
-berserk "finished the manga cough"
-boku no hero academy
-shingeki no bahamut
-AoTitan "finished the manga too"

deeply appreciated , i mostly prefer gore animes series and movies alike with action/comedy mixture

obligatory
-no OPM
-DBS
-Biohazard
-Amon 1 2 and 3 aka Devilman

mnhmm those from the top of my head that i all finished maybe someone can come up with something they watched recently , bumparoo.

pleasently surprised our community has many weebs.
"
Kechop wrote:
chiming in , id like some anime recommendations in the horror genre / comedy that aren´t
-tokyo ghoul
-hellsings
-berserk "finished the manga cough"
-boku no hero academy
-shingeki no bahamut
-AoTitan "finished the manga too"

deeply appreciated , i mostly prefer gore animes series and movies alike with action/comedy mixture

obligatory
-no OPM
-DBS
-Biohazard
-Amon 1 2 and 3 aka Devilman

mnhmm those from the top of my head that i all finished maybe someone can come up with something they watched recently , bumparoo.

pleasently surprised our community has many weebs.

Parasyte

Go, now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
[/quote]

Parasyte

Go, now.

Peace,

-Boem-[/quote]

saw that one , but appreciate the effort both live movie and series plus manga.
"
Kechop wrote:

Huh, gore you say...
Elfen lied comes to my mind and if you want something with more action, darker than black or maybe deadman wonderland.
Also, as for series that get progressively darker/messed up:
Madoka magica (watch at least until the end of episode 3. You will understand.)
Re:Zero (also quite brutal, both physically and mentally)
Evangelion (you should've at least heard of this one)
Mirai nikki
semi-spoiler for an ongoing series
Made in abyss (anime not yet finished, but will likely not reach the REALLY nasty parts, read the manga for those, but be warned... that one gets more messed up than you can imagine. Tokyo ghoul and elfen lied look like children's play compared to it.)

As for comedy...
Nichijou
D-frag
Konosuba
No game no life
Tengen togga gurren lagann (more action than comedy. Doesn't require thinking while watching. Wait, let me rephrase... requires not thinking while watching)

Mystery (if you're interested in it, dunno, could be):
Gosick
Dantalian no shoka
Rokka no yuusha (does this fit in here? I hope it does.)
xxxHolic (spirits n stuff. You have to see it for yourself, hard to describe)

Blind suggestions (never seen myself, but supposedly good):
Shiki
Shinsekai yori
Gintama (VEEEERY long, called one of the best comedy anime out there)
Higurashi no nako koro ni

If you need more or more specific suggestions, just name the genres, I'll try to find something!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Sep 4, 2017, 10:18:35 PM
thanks a lot FCK42 , i knew about ElfenLied but i always forget the names of animus after a while.
Did watch gurren lagan it was hilarious indeed.
RE:zero and evangelion ofcourse saw those too.
Madoka magica and the rest dont ring many bells , will check em out - peace!
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
After watching episode 8 of Ballroom e Youkoso, it got me in a goosebump for episode 9. The series is getting more intense even though this current competition is suppose to be just to have fun, but for others, it is to prove themselves.

The part at the end got me a lot of feels...

Spoiler
Mako: Please. Make me bloom!

It was also quite interesting where she said it (
Spoiler
when she said please
) made it feel more impressive.

Edit: Almost done watching S2 of Strike The Blood. I been waiting for the series to be subbed for a while.

Oh man, i fucked up.

Started watching ballroom e youkoso yesterday and binch watched till episode 9 and now, obviously, i'm in limbo waiting for episode 10 to air.
(what day of the week does it release btw?)

Nothing but praise for the show, slick animation that complements the story very well, love the attention to detail like the sweat drips when there going all out which a lot of drawers would simply ignore or not attend to.
Character development is really interesting and it really sucks you in. Reminds me a bit of 3-gatsu where it's a show about something i know nothing about (shogi vs ballroom dancing) but the story and animation make it so compelling you get fired up while watching.

Only negative thing so far if i had to point at something would be the lack of shiziku's background, because to me she feels like a semi-lead roll that plays a big part in the lead's roll and motivation and she very much is still an enigma when it comes to certain responses and behaviors. We got some info based on her relation with hyoka but i would gladly have a bit more.

Then again it keeps me intrigued so it's a bother but a good kind of bother.

Spoiler
Mako: Please. Make me bloom!
Spoiler
that non-sexual boner though....very intense episode 9,
very nice. Can't wait to see what he pulls of once he's schooled a bit more by senguko.

Apologies if i got some names wrong, not my native slang so yeah i just type it phonetically like i always do.

Definitely on my list and a top anime this season i reckon.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info