:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:

But man, rough start. I don't know why they thought going with fanservice straight off was a good idea for a show with a mere 12 episodes and a *lot* of set up to get through, but there you go.

Maybe for some publicity to get more sales on the manga version. I certaintly seen some anime series being used as one big advertisement for the source version.

Edit: Oh yea, the character design for Ballroom e Youkoso is so beautifully fabulous. The series got me hooked just because it is based on dancing.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 24, 2017, 2:53:06 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Touken's animation is just gorgeous.

That is ufotable for you, always trying to make the animation really rich. Though, they really messed it up with God Eater. Probably getting paid something more than ordinary to keep animating the series (the plot was meh since it was just being used as advertisement to the game) despite a lot of delays on it. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 24, 2017, 3:06:46 AM
Anyone watched detroit metal city? That's my reach in anime

(mangas are other thing, read hundreds of titles)
Spreading salt since 2006
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm a big God Eater fan game-wise (the composer is a legend, and it's got more meat on its bones than MonHan) but the anime didn't even vaguely interest me. Usually these things are just glorified ads for the games.

Tales of Zestiria the X did alright as anime series (with the exception of the s2 endings, which is left to the imagination) with ufotable. It still crackes me up that Tales of Berseria took up two episode slots to be just an ad. lol
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Necromael wrote:
Anyone watched detroit metal city? That's my reach in anime

(mangas are other thing, read hundreds of titles)

DMC was hilarious in quite a few places
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Love the seriousness and the tension in episode 29 of Boku no Hero Academia (while it is not as epic Shoto vs Izuku, it is pretty much one of my favorite episodes so far) and hope to see how this ends (I already know manga wise, but anime wise, I want to see how this ends) in the next episode.

As for Fate Apoc, Sigfried, you are very cool. I was not expecting you to do that, but seeing you pulled this gives me a lot of respect for you.
- raics, 06.08.2016

monogotari series is like a visual orgasm to me.

Let alone the awesome textual intricacy's of which probably 50% goes over my head since my japanese is
non-existent.

Love the play-full nature of the entire show.

Gotta pick up my hero academy in a bit again, since i put it on hold after the fight of shoto vs izuku, thought it was only 12 episodes so it's nice that i got a bunch to binge watch when i feel like it.

Not really much catching my eye this summer season though :(

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And the biggest is the front-and-center fetish indulgences of the author. We put up with it as part of the overall experience but it makes me wince at times.

vietnam toothbrush flasbacks intensify
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
And the biggest is the front-and-center fetish indulgences of the author. We put up with it as part of the overall experience but it makes me wince at times.

vietnam toothbrush flasbacks intensify

Had to do it. muahahahahahaha
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Ha, cute.

We just finished Tsukimonogatari. Not bad, but I'll be surprised if the show tops Koimono. Ever.

Maybe the Kizu movies. Shall see soon enough. :)

I kept thinking if Koimono was ever animated and then I realized it was the last arc in the Monogatari Series Second Season. It does not help that a lot of arcs was involved in the second season, so trying to remember makes me have to look up Mononogatari Series Second Season every time. lol
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info