:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Just watched aldnoah.zero

I rate it a 5/10, the animation was solid and the action scenes where great.

However, the story and character development where a complete train-wreck.

rant/spoilers

Rayet -> parents try to assassinate the princess -> get dumped after the mission by the martians and killed
-> she ends up trying to kill the princess herself.

. . .what? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. For fucks sake that was a disappointment.

She's out for revenge, all fine and clear, but at least direct it towards the source don't just go
"hiy let her try and kill the princess, that's perfectly fine"

Slaine -> faithful towards the princess(in love most likely, though not really shown in the show itself) and ends up with the crew that tried to assassinate her -> ends up protecting the dude behind the assassination while still being faithful to the princess

. . . what? . . .

There is the fair share of anime logic, like the rpg's hitting a humvee and simply bouncing off, but this kind of retarded character development without any reason behind it is just a complete and utter waste.

So much disconnect between a reasonable or logical response from characters without any apparent source. No betrayal or mental instability(in rayets case there was some, but entirely to mild given her "hate for martians")

Aaaaah just needed that tid-bit of rant, could have been great if they didn't just say "screw this shit" mid-way in the show.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This thread is absolutely my jam (I recently tripped and fell back into Naruto hell too, Lord have mercy).

Has anyone seen Parasyte, by chance? 10/10, would recommend.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at support@grindinggear.com! We're here to help. :^)
"
Brittany_GGG wrote:

Parasyte is awesome sauce.

The scene with the "prince charming on the white horse" is so brilliant. A great show all around and definitely 10/10 worth the watch.

Peace,

-Boem-
Hahah difficult to talk about some of the newer stuff (at least for recomendations) because it seems to have been mostly covered. I just wanna throw out Great Teacher Onizuka (check GTO-it's often put under that) for something to watch. If you can get past the old school art (very 80s-ish) it's very funny. It's one of very few anime i actually laugh out loud at.
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost In The Shell
Canaan
Samurai Champloo
Michiko & Hatchin
All Ghibli Movies
Hajime No Ippo
One Outs
Mushishi

These are my favourites.
"
Brittany_GGG wrote:

"That hand" will never be the same again. ;)

As each episode progresses, I am starting to like Tales of Zestiria the X even more. Though, it is still not going to touch Jojo and Re:Zero.

There is still also D.Gray-Man Hallow to enjoy as well, but just thinking about the franchise itself brings me back to the high school days when the manga was weekly and the first series (The prequel to Hallow) got started. Though, it was contending with Death Note and Darker than Black. Just watching all three in the same day was just pure heaven for me during the spring 2007 season. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 3, 2016, 4:38:25 AM
so many anime i like, where do i start.

for me it was the sailor moon - i think its was one of the first i've seen.
dragonball z - that was groundbreaking, i wanted to be Goku for loooong time.

afterwards i moved to some more stuff.
"Akira" the movie - if you havent seen it, there is something wrong with you. Same goes for first "ghost in the shell" movie.

im more of an old fasion guy and the best anime are from late 80's and 90's. but also from early 21st century.

Blood, full metal alchemist, berserk, d-gray man, hellsing, cowboy bebop - are just few that really got me hooked.

Studio ghibli movies are still on top of my all time favorites.

from less mainstream:
Macross frontier - a really good one worth watching.
samurai champloo is one I would recommand too.

of course the staple ones:
Bleach (absolutetly love it), naruto and naruto shippuden, one piece - if you got few months to spare to watch them all (if you havent tho, I would suggest watching with a list that will let you skip the fillers episodes)

and the list goes on and on... to many good ones to list..

No i feel like watching some old ones again :)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
of course the staple ones:
Bleach (absolutetly love it), naruto and naruto shippuden, one piece - if you got few months to spare to watch them all (if you havent tho, I would suggest watching with a list that will let you skip the fillers episodes)

Those are some good introductions into anime, I reckon! Naruto was mine. It was really endearing to see it through the years to Shippuden too, I found. :")

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"That hand" will never be the same again. ;)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well... You're not wrong.

"
Boem wrote:
Parasyte is awesome sauce.

The scene with the "prince charming on the white horse" is so brilliant. A great show all around and definitely 10/10 worth the watch.

Ahh, bless. I'm glad you enjoyed it too!
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at support@grindinggear.com! We're here to help. :^)
Oh boy. Where to start?

Idk if Sailor Moon or "Mila Superstar" (Or Attack No. 1 in english) was my first anime ever. Back in the early 90's (dafuq) it all started with the Afternoon TV shows, they aired serveral Animes and cartoons at this time. As Kid I loved it every day.

Time passed and Animes like Pokemon (yes the original series) and Dragon Ball were aired, both cought me. Some gems like Digimon and Detective Conan came aside of it. But there were Animes I don't liked. Such as Yugioh, to name one. It was just not for me.

After time passes and I grew up I kinda lost interest in animes, until I discovered the depths of the Internet (around 2003 or so). I found One Piece which I somehow missed and servereal other fan subed animes.

To the present day I enjoy watching animes, if I have the time to watch them.

If someone asks what my favorite anime is I would Say Seven Deadly Sins, I truly enjoyed it.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
^Ah the seven deadly sins!

Hilarious show, this one scene where they are going to restrain malvius(i think his name was? the leader of the seven) with a rope so he can sleep in the same room as the princess and he comments

"Well it's not that bad if you just think of it as BDSM"

Oh man, i cracked up so hard, that comment came out of nowhere.

And the story of the immortal dude and elf queen was utterly heart shattering.(in contrast with most of the rest of the show, it only made it more brilliant)

Definitely 10/10 and would recommend if people have not watched it.

Also if people have not watched these

-> "bokura wa minna kawaisou"
-comedy/slice of life/romance

Absolutely brilliant show, the comedy is on spot and the romance is sort of slow paced with nothing big actually happening, however that only makes it more endearing to watch.(less is more)

I am only at episode 8 on this show, but i recommend it already. Was going to watch one episode of it last night and i ended up at episode 8 :O (looking forward to finishing it tonight)

-> "tasogare otome x amnesia"
-comedy/horror/romance/school

Very solid watch, guy meets ghost, ghost has amnesia, guy wants to help....and stuff happens.
A 12 episode anime with solid animation, fun stories, good character development and it actually has an ending.

Apply tissue's and board feel train for this one near the end.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info