:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
Alexdaemon wrote:
Im at ep 10 from Azumanga Daioh. I thought i would choke from laughter at the shoe scene :))

Wait for the fart scene Oo
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Alexdaemon wrote:
Im at ep 10 from Azumanga Daioh. I thought i would choke from laughter at the shoe scene :))

Wait for the fart scene Oo

I know it. That one is Epic Legend. :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
Epic legend is Hokuto no Ken. All 5 seasons and the OVA reboot/summary.

"WATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA, WATA!!!"

"Omoi wa mo shindeiru."
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:

"Omoi wa mo shindeiru."

I have only seen the original 109 episodes and Shin Hokuto no Ken :/
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Islidox wrote:

"Omoi wa mo shindeiru."

I have only seen the original 109 episodes and Shin Hokuto no Ken :/

Hokuto no Ken 2 - 43 episodes
Souten no Ken (Fist of the Blue Sky) - 26 episodes
Legends of the Dark King: A Fist of the North Star Story - 13 episodes
Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior - 5 films/OVAs

The Legends of the True Savior series were beautifully animated and are a re-telling of certain story arcs in Hokuto no Ken season 1. (Different voice actors, but awesome all the same)
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 24, 2013, 3:42:35 PM
You know, most anime fans I've talked to don't give Kajiura Yuki enough credit. It's always "Yoko Kanno this" or "Kenji Kawaii that". Out of the OST composers, Kajiura is probably the most unique one of them all with that operatic touch amongst classical and contemporary music scores.

Just another composer to bring up, Iwasaki Taku is someone who I think has a lot of creativity and boundless fun in his works.

I liked Cowboy Bebop, but I didn't think it was anything but an expertly done series. Samurai Champloo on the other hand was a different beast altogether that I enjoyed a lot more. Also, the Samurai Champloo dub is pretty kickass.
"
Islidox wrote:
You know, most anime fans I've talked to don't give Kajiura Yuki enough credit. It's always "Yoko Kanno this" or "Kenji Kawaii that". Out of the OST composers, Kajiura is probably the most unique one of them all with that operatic touch amongst classical and contemporary music scores.

Just another composer to bring up, Iwasaki Taku is someone who I think has a lot of creativity and boundless fun in his works.

I liked Cowboy Bebop, but I didn't think it was anything but an expertly done series. Samurai Champloo on the other hand was a different beast altogether that I enjoyed a lot more. Also, the Samurai Champloo dub is pretty kickass.

Wow, Kajiura Yuki has a great resume on her. I seen plenty of thr anime shows she sang in, especially Gundam Seed/Destiny and Sora no Woto (gawd that OP song is amazing).

I seen Samurai Champloo plenty, but for some reason I drop near the end. I do not know, I just lose the urge to finish it. I do not know how many times I have finished Cowboy Bebop, and I feel like it gets better. Maybe it has to do with me aging in time. I find it better than Champloo. I blame Samurai X, that was one of the best Samurai series I bare to watch.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 25, 2013, 12:03:48 AM
I loved the OST of the original .Hack//Sign.

Did you see Gin Iro no kami no Agito? The Opening (Kokia - Chouwa Oto) is really good especially together with the animation.

I have been looking for an anime to watch, seems that I will DL The rest of Hokuto no Ken. Have to complete my collection too :P.
@John: Yuki does a crap ton of stuff, not limited to her work with FictionJunction and more recently created Kalafina, who like you mentioned did the OP song for Sora no Woto.

@Sneakypaw: I need to watch GinIro sometime... somewhere on my long backlog list of anime to watch. And yes, watch the rest of Hokuto no Ken - you won't be disappointed. Ignore the live-action film unless you want some lolz.

@Charan: Oh I give Yoko Kanno all the credit she deserves; she's a genius composer. Joe Hisaishi is renown for his work on the Miyazaki films, but to me his works don't have the breadth and ingenuity that other composers have.

Another composer to bring attention to is Toshihiko Sahashi. I don't think he's released any new works, but I loved his stuff especially with Full Metal Panic and the Gundam SEED series to name a few.

______

Samurai Champloo got weird plot-wise near the end, but I dug it all the same regarding 2 samurais and 1 girl seeking out their own goals.

Rurouni Kenshin was something I caught a few episodes of on Toonami back in the day. I read the manga instead and never watched the anime or the OVAs - I was pretty much satisfied with the manga and how it ended. Also watched the live-action film recently released, which was pretty faithful and realistic (as it could get) to the source material. Contrary to your last statement, Charan, I skipped the animated media and stuck to the written form - lol(?).
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 25, 2013, 11:01:06 AM
The people that did the soundtrack for karas are another bunch that deserves merit.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info