:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Am I the only who thinks big O is underrated?

Spoiler
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
"

Spoiler

Are you kidding? I loved Big O, back when I caught it on Adult Swim late at night. It's a great mystery/sci-fi/mecha anime that pays homage to so many genres and western media of the 60s/70s while throwing in mecha vs kaiju action.

The anime simply has CLASS. All that jazz and funk packed into a series that few anime can pull off.

Well, maybe except Lupin III.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 25, 2013, 1:27:39 PM
"
Islidox wrote:
"

Spoiler

Are you kidding? I loved Big O, back when I caught it on Adult Swim late at night. It's a great mystery/sci-fi/mecha anime that pays homage to so many genres and western media of the 60s/70s while throwing in mecha vs kaiju action.

The anime simply has CLASS. All that jazz and funk packed into a series that few anime can pull off.

AWW Yeah! Anime-Brofist!

Lupin, huh? I watched that, but it was harder for me to get into. Some of the episodes were really well done though and I have to give them credit for that! Do you remember FLCL? That is one of those wtf anime's for me... It did a really good job of building up the end and delivering an interesting twist but what in the world, ya know??
"
"
Islidox wrote:
"

Spoiler

AWW Yeah! Anime-Brofist!

Lupin, huh? I watched that, but it was harder for me to get into. Some of the episodes were really well done though and I have to give them credit for that! Do you remember FLCL? That is one of those wtf anime's for me... It did a really good job of building up the end and delivering an interesting twist but what in the world, ya know??

You have to watch FLCL again but this time, have in mind that the Bat is a symbol for manhood/penis, just like the Guitar. That's why the woman get nosebleeds and get aroused from looking at them :D
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 25, 2013, 2:05:02 PM
FLCL is famous no doubt. Need to rewatch it.

As for Lupin III, you'd be better off watching the movies/OVAs/TVspeicals than the anime series. I like them better because they've got a self-contained plot that's usually fleshed out well.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
FLCL brings back good memories.

furi kuri furi kuri FURI KURI!!!
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

One cannot mention Anime without first acknowledging Kenshin Rurouni. Definitely in my top 5 anime of all time. So just to throw them all out on the table, my favorite anime are as follows.

1. Wolf's Rain (Nothing can touch this genius, I mean nothing)
2. Big O (So sophisticated and yet still packs that anime action punch)
3. Rurouni Kenshin (Without a doubt, the Chuck Norris of anime)
4. Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex (Part of me feels like this one should be higher on the list, but it was somewhat hard to follow if you weren't watching it regularly and in sequence.)
5. Cowboy Bebop (This is how you do a shootout in a cathedral)

I have yet to watch any series/movie that can best these... I've seen Evangelion, Gundam Wing and other assorted branches, Claymore, Escaflowne (another fav), and many more. However, the ones I listed are by far greater stories in my opinion. i'm not huge into the culture of anime, but I have seen many. So, what do you think of Wolf's Rain?
Been so far long since I last watched Wolf's Rain that I just want to rewatch it one of these days, and actually finish it completely by also watching the four OVAs that continues after the series.

Anything produced by BONES gets a thumb up in my book.....well the exception of Eureka Seven AO being butchered at the end.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 25, 2013, 7:13:43 PM
"
Oh, and on the topic of Gainax: I loved the shit out of KareKano. Didn't expect it to be so thematically or aesthetically related to Eva, but in hindsight some of Eva's best moments were when Anno was exploring the lives of the pilots, i.e. introverted/damaged teenagers. KareKano skips the apocalyptic mess and goes straight for that.
I really liked KareKano, but they were clearly running out of budget towards the end, and then it ended really abruptly after just introducing an interesting new sideplot with some of the other characters. It made the series definitely less good than it could otherwise have been. I really want to get around to reading the manga, which apparently didn't have those issues, but haven't found time.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Oh, and on the topic of Gainax: I loved the shit out of KareKano. Didn't expect it to be so thematically or aesthetically related to Eva, but in hindsight some of Eva's best moments were when Anno was exploring the lives of the pilots, i.e. introverted/damaged teenagers. KareKano skips the apocalyptic mess and goes straight for that.
I really liked KareKano, but they were clearly running out of budget towards the end, and then it ended really abruptly after just introducing an interesting new sideplot with some of the other characters. It made the series definitely less good than it could otherwise have been. I really want to get around to reading the manga, which apparently didn't have those issues, but haven't found time.

Yeah, KareKano was great. It is really sad when you see a good series go under because of budget problems etc.

There is a reason why Gainax is one of my favorite studios. I met some of them on a convention and could ask some very nice questions regarding the first scene of Gurren Lagann and the Moment Heroes are born (if you are a Gurren Lagann fan you know what i mean). I also have a poster with their signatures.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info