:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Name that anime!!! I love this anime freaking hilarious!!! Saw all the episodes...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Just finished a two day session of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, having acquired it on bluray for a good price.

One of the anime shows felt right at home having grown watching this type of animation (Cartoon pretty much) in the US. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt was pretty much Powerpuff girls smushed with Invader Zim and another which I still cannot remember till this day . My favorite soundtrack song from the series was CHOCOLAT.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 19, 2013, 1:57:50 AM
"
Oh, the Western influence was all over, but I'm pretty sure nothing on Cartoon Network would use, say, a Saving Private Ryan spoof as a clear metaphor for ejaculation. :)

PSG would never touch American TV unless they censored the living hell out of it for the sake of not traumatizing kids at a young age. The other alternative would be to slot at a time that would be past their time.

That is if we did not live in the age where we can record TV shows.

Of course PSG can just be placed in Comedy Central and you call it a day since South Park is also there too.

PSG was a good show to pass the time, and have some nostalgia. :3
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 19, 2013, 2:10:35 AM
"
Oh, the Western influence was all over, but I'm pretty sure nothing on Cartoon Network would use, say, a Saving Private Ryan spoof as a clear metaphor for ejaculation. :)

That's where Panty and Stocking really just cut loose.

That and, at least in the Japanese dialogue, both angels said 'Fuck' a lot (in English). Like, a lot.

There was, in fact, so much English in the Japanese version of PSG that it made me wonder if there are Anglophiles in the Japanese anime fanbase the same way we have the so-called 'Wapanese' and 'weeaboos' in the West. It is very likely.

There's probably even an otaku category for it.

I love Gainax. The first anime (knowingly) I watched was from gainax.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Oddly enough, I think my favourite Gainax work remains Otaku no Video, and of course I came to that after Eva, KareKano and FLCL.

Well, no, that's a lie. Daicon III and IV animations. They're just incredible. But since they never got an official release on any home media, Otaku no Video has to suffice.

Have you seen Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai? So much parody. I had to laugh so much at the Hokuto no Ken reference.
"
I've heard of it, and I think a friend showed me the Hokuto no Ken bit.

But when you say parody...are we talking Excel Saga level?

Can't really say. It'b been such a long time ago that I have seen both of them.
Haven't seen if anyone mentioned it but : Yu Yu Hakeshu!

It's got fights, cool characters, tournaments, and last but not least: Vegeta is in it (well his voice, that is :p )

anyways I liked it alot
"
Nilla wrote:
Haven't seen if anyone mentioned it but : Yu Yu Hakeshu!

It's got fights, cool characters, tournaments, and last but not least: Vegeta is in it (well his voice, that is :p )

anyways I liked it alot

Isn't it Yu Yu Hakusho?

I have seen it. One of my favorites. I also own a Yu Yu Hakusho Fighting Game.
Anime Fall season coming out now!

Check out here for more details.

Still deciding what to watch, lots of decent series coming out. Ones I know I'm definitely watching are:

1. Hajime no Ippo Rising S3 (long time follower of the boxing anime/manga)
2. Ace of Diamond (good sports manga, like the Major series)
3. IS: Infinite Stratos S2 (watched the first season, decent harem/mecha)
4. Kill la Kill (from the creators of TTGL, ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!)
5. Gundam Build Fighters (because it's Gundam, gotta have that staple)

For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 19, 2013, 11:11:35 AM
Yea, I also got Infinite Stratos S2 on my Fall 2013 PtW list with Magi S2, Valvrave S2, Phi Brain S3, Little Busters Refrain (YES!!!), and Freezing S2 (might as well since I saw S1) as well. The rest, I will give them a try when they air.

- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info