:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Yeah, if I had to point out a flaw of Houseki no Kuni, it'd be that it takes the world building a bit too far sometimes. It tries to flesh out EVERYTHING in the world, up to the last bit. And the story is a bit complicated at the beginning since it just throws everything at you.

I finished the first 3 episodes of Fate/Zero so far and what can I say? Release order is definitely the correct way to watch it from what I can judge so far. I tried to watch Fate/Zero twice before without watching Stay Night first and always thought that there were WAY too many characters in the first episode... but all of that changes with the knowledge of about half of them.
I have to say though, I REALLY like the soundtrack so far. Kajiura did a fantastic job there.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I actually prefer To the beginning for the opening, but this one is most likely due to personal tastes in music, Oath Sign is no doubt an amazing opening.

I finished the first cour today (with the power of binge watching), gonna go for the second half tomorrow. It'll be pretty much one season or rather part of a season per day so that I'm all caught up on it on sunday.

spoiler (I guess I have to put this here when talking about this stuff)
I really like Rider. He's one of my favourites amongst the servants. Gilgamesh just seems like a major asshat, caster is just batshit crazy and assassin didn't leave too much of an impression other than being good at sneaking around and being multiple people. Lancer and Berserker certainly are interesting though. I didn't like Lancer's first master, let's see if the second does things differently. Berserker is a mystery so far, be he/she/it certainly seems strong. Very much so even. From what I've seen so far, coming out unscathed from Archer's attacks is no easy feat and Berseerker managed to do it seemingly effortlessly.

I can't wait for what comes next though. I've somewhat spoiled myself on this scene quite a while ago, but I doubt that will take away too much from the action that's about to happen. God, I wanna see that beautifully animated Excalibur.
Spoiler
I mean, Kojiro was SO underused it even became a running gag in Carnival Phantasm (absent due to circumstances). Which really saddens me to some degree, the class itself has so much potential and so many different aspects to explore, yet the only thing they really did with them in Stay Night and Zero was pointing out that they were good at swordsmanship and spying respectively.
Even though both seemed to have really interesting backstories...
I usually like the sneaky ones in shows like these, but here they did just way too little with both assassins imo.
I browsed a little and found Garden of sinners series, is it worth watching from those who did?

edit:

If I want to start watching fate, does this article explain the good watching order?

https://www.quora.com/In-what-order-should-I-watch-the-Fate-anime-series-1
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jun 20, 2018, 7:26:31 AM

Some of the kiddies at school (my students even) apparently have some of Fate on a DVD or thumb-drive or .. whatever.

after listening to you two talk I may have to ... acquire said digital media.

-Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
Necromael wrote:
If I want to start watching fate, does this article explain the good watching order?

https://www.quora.com/In-what-order-should-I-watch-the-Fate-anime-series-1

I would recommend watching the series in release order rather than chronological order, so Stay Night (2006) first, then zero and then UBW.
There is a reason it was released in this order. The sheer amount of unknown characters introduced in the first episode of Zero can easily overwhelm you if you start with that one. It is possible, but I failed to start with Zero twice.
Most of fate is available on netflix. Though Apocrypha only has the TV and not the BD version, or so I heard.
Thank you guys for advice, I'll sort it out this evening.

If it happens to appear that I ask something which makes me appear like I haven't read this thread, like I asked for garden of sinners, it is because I usually skip reading deeper talk posts which may contain spoilers about series.

All anime mentioned here will be eventually watched by me, i'm just doing it slowly atm.

And I have to share that even after a longer time, I still love/hate adaptations from light novels, especially incomplete ones. Stuff is so good, but unfinished.

I can deal with that, but still, best feeling is when you have 600ish episodes or 800 chapters of a completed manga/anime in front of you to read/watch.

But there are exceptions to that (Hajime no Ippo lol and berserk in some way)

Anyway as thanks I offer, my most beloved scene from OPM, atomic samurai vs king, if you don't like spoilers, dont read it

I've gotta ask this even though i'm early into fate series

Spoiler
Is "Last Episode" ending a true ending in some sense? Since there are many timelines in story all is canon. But still I'd love to have some peace of mind for Saber and Emiya thing, i love happy endings

Also, put some anime named Basilisk on my watchlist after fate and garden of sinners, is it good?
Last edited by Necromael on Jun 21, 2018, 6:09:21 AM
Well, I did tell you that it has amazing visuals. One of the very few if not the only show that became better by being made in 3D.

Finished Zero yesterday, started with UBW. Gotta stay in schedule...
Zero had some absolutely amazing fights in the second half aswell. I have to say... they managed to blend 2D and 3D animation amazingly well, unless you know it, it's VERY hard to notice in most of the scenes. And even if you DO notice it, it still seems to fit somehow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info