:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
So when's the S;G0 catch-up, FCK42? I'm tired of being vague about each episode, even in spoilers -- as Boem pointed out, the spoiler tag is often inadequate on here.

I promise to watch Hisotan the moment I can, legally.

I'm on it, reached episode 3. Should only take a day, maybe two now.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
^It's just that more then not, we use spoiler tags for anything but spoilers :p

I'm holding of on S;G0 for when i need a really solid show to watch in a dull period, since i'm quite certain it will deliver.

I'm watching some black clover on the side and it's a good show for what it is, a naruto like action show. nothing to fancy but it's enjoyable if your into that whole "road to hero" stuff.

Catched up with some saiki recently as-well and god damn does that show deliver. That's just so good, laughed so much, i freaking love the whole "perfect girl" thing and his attitude to go along with it.
Spoiler
he actually let an "oh" slip, cracked me up.

I forgot the full name but it's something like "hitori no outcast" ? Season two is delivering in my opinion, it's shaping up to be a very good show all things together. Season one caught my attention and i'm happy i started watching the second season, cool battles and fun characters i have no clue how long it's going to run for but it definetly could become a 50+ episodes show if they play their cards right.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
So I just realise you can't spell Tsundere without sunder.

There HAS to be a name in there somewhere.

There HAS to be a character named Sundere somewhere in this game...

As for thw whole catching up thing, the whole last week my internet likes to just get a crazy amount of packet loss during a specific timeframe, for about 3 hours. I'll use that to watch series, since games during that time are becoming unplayable and the current league is actually a lot of fun to me and I very much enjoy playing it.
Highschool dxd has some of the BEST PLOTS...! 10000% RECOMMEND!
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Black Clover initially intrigued me but I've heard it really doesn't do anything new or old particularly well. If it comes good, I might drag myself through it. Admittedly it was a choice between something like Black Clover or all of Hunter x Hunter 2011. NOT a hard choice...

Carefully avoided the spoiler! Cheers :p

And yeah black clover is just another "road to hero" adaptation and the characters/story don't really offer anything new.

But i'm a fan of naruto and shows like that for their simplicity so i don't really watch them to hit that "i gotta figure this out" itch i sometimes crave.
It's good for what it is, but nothing more nothing less.

Souma s3 is also getting really good, now that anime is a solid twist on a "road to hero" tale with good character design and sweet animations.
Never thought a "food battle" anime could keep me that entertained, but it delivers every time and i always end up hungry for more.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
souma fucking rocks.

I agree, though I have a small complaint about it in the most recent seasons. The "foodgasm" moment or what you wanna call them start turning into nothing more than fanservice rather than showing what the people associate the taste with. That and the fact that they switched the truly amazing music that was used previously in those scenes.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Quoted for attention purposes.
I caught up on S;G zero.
Again, some of the twists were pretty obvious imo, but that was already the case in the first season, so it's at least a consistent thing. Episode 8 was quite the emotional sucker punch for Okabe, that was nasty. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Damnit... I feel like I'm hooked now.

Anyways, you know what that means, don't you, Charan? You're free to discuss it as much as you want now. As far as I am concerned that is.
Huh, I could swear I saw you writing about following up Legend of the Galactic Heroes with Houseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss earlier... could've been my imagination though ;)

Spoiler
I still think that episode 8 was a devastating moment for Okabe. What he experience was basically everything he fought for being reverted with no chance of turning it back (before Kurisu revealed that she had recreated the time machine). And when he HAD the option to go back to the alpha world line (not sure, I always confuse them), he was once again forced to make the choice between the two people he loves the most. Not to mention the fact that this should#ve brought back pretty much all the memories of alternate time lines that he tried to forget.
Seems reasonable. Well, more reasonable than forcing two other rather dark shows right afterwards. Just know that Houseki no Kuni ONLY missed the "anime of the year" award because made in abyss exists. They were absolutely brilliant. Well, not on the same level as Steins;Gate and Gineiden, but still really REALLY good.
And in this case we can actually believe the anime awards.

Spoiler
I wasn't quite aware of the amount of time he jumped back, or rather, what world line he jumped to. Gotta rewatch episode 8 then...
In the end, they're in similar positions, both have to sacrifice one of the things they long for the most (the future with Okabe in Kurisu's case and Kurisu in Okabe's case). I wouldn't want to have to make either decision.
Sorry to disappoint you, but SoraYori is technically winter 2018 and thus not eligable for the title of "Anime of the year 2017". Even if if it were a 2017 series... I personally still rate Hpuseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss higher. Might be unjustified, might be biased, but this is my opinion. If you don't agree, then with the words passed down the internet for generations to be used in situations like these:
fite me m8

Spoiler
He actually has to prevent himself from thinking that he cannot succed. Which means that he has to send a message to the past to prevent himself from getting to the conclusion that he can't change the future. So his only way to succeed is to make his past self go against everything he learned.

As for the thing regarding Okabe' Reading Steiner... the other world lines seem to get erased, everything in the zero AND the original hints at that. If it weren't the case, the the other people should't be able to retain any memories whatsoever. Rather than being erased, I think it's more accurate to say that they got erased AND overwritten, which explains the memory fragments. As with a hard drive, things that get eraded, but do not get overwritten can still be salvaged. That's how those faint memories happen, the events just didn't happen, but nothing happened instead, so they didn't get entirely erased from existence.

I hope that made at least some sense...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info