:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Damn, HeroAca had one hell of an amazing episode this week, pretty much the single episode I was most looking forward to. And boy did they deliver...

Spoiler
I'm of the opinion that there is only one world line. While it does switch "locations" (for a lack of a better word) from time to time as we have seen, it's the only one existing. As of now there's no way of proving the opposite, the only way to do that would be observing a different world line without interfering with the current one, which thus far hasn't happened. The only times Okabe observed different events in the world line, it was when he was inside it. As you said, everything else is nothing but a possibility, sometimes one that has been realised, sometimes it wasn't. Ones that have been tried are ones that can still faintly linger in the memories of other people if they had enough of an impact to burn themselves deep into the subconscious and this did not get completely erased. Which might explain why they almost exclusively appear in dreams.
That means, we can assume that Okabe is (again something you already said) an almost godlike observer entity and likely the only currently living being that has any way of interfering with different possibilities of the world line. Which means that the fate of humanity is decided by whether or not he becomes insane. And the only reason he hasn't thus far is Mayuri in my opinion. I don't know if she knows for certain or just has a hunch or something, but she appears to somehow know that the dreams she had about her own deaths were more than just dreams. Also, she's always somewhere close to Okabe in zero whenever he's together with a lot of other people (excluding university). The few times we see the two of them seperated AND something triggering one of his suppressed memories, he gets very close to a mental breakdown. At the very least, Mayuri knows that she is somehow connected to his suffering and she always tries her best to cheer him up. Without it, I think he would've lost his mind long ago.
Then again, I could be reading too much into things. After all, it's not like I know a whole lot about traumata and psychology in general. Still, I think it makes at least some sense.

I wonder if anyone else is actually reading all this stuff we're discussing xD It's become quite a lot already :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Speaking of Satoshi Kon, I have yet to see Paranoia Agent... gotta tackle that sometime soon. First comes catching up with some of the seasonal stuff and then probably studio deen's fate/stay night. Which will likely lead to some more fate. And then some more. And so on. At least, that's how it went when I started bakemonogatari... one led to the other and in the end I just couldn't stop watching.
The whole premise of Maquia screams "tearjerker" about as much as plastic memories and violet evergarden do.
Still... it takes AGES until you actually find anime movies anywhere to watch. I unfortunately missed the opportunity to see Eureka Seven: Hi Evolution 1 in january... haven't heard a thing about that one since. I still regret not having watched it (and while we're at it, NGNL zero in the movie theatre) back then...
Even IF it came out soon to watch via internet, it's a completely different experience.
Well, the best I got over here was Kimi No Na Wa 1.5 years after the initial japan release in certain cinemas on two days as a special. Yes, two days only. I have no idea why they decided that apparently the most successful anime movie was not worth more time, but yeah.

Stuff like that slightly really annoys me.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Hinamatsuri was in top form as ever.

I recently picked this one up and god damn. Where to begin, all of the characters are so likeable and amazing in their own way.

Nitta is hilarious as a protagonist, the sheer "yes yes it all good" flowing out of him coupled with hina's good intentions gone bad character is comedy gold.

Anzu is just adorable.

And i forgot her name currently(bartender girl) close-up shots are golden and just the sheer mess her life becomes as an "ordinary girl".

All in all top show in my book for some chilling and honest to god belly laughter.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Aaaand I pretty much binged my way through Fate/Stay Night (the one from 2006). Sooo... next up is Fate/Zero then. Or Carnival Phantasm, though I doubt I would understand all the jokes... eh, I can always rewatch it later in that case. After zero (and season 2 of it) I will probably go for UBW. Maybe something not fate afterwards, but I'm not set on that yet. Heh, maybe the Kara no Kyoukai movies.
Anyways, I got a lot to watch.
Small, but awesome thing I found out only just now: seems like fate is on my side (...I'm not apologising for that one) this time around and I had the PERFECT timing for watching the series... this week's sunday a local cinema will be showing Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel 1!
I better interrupt carnival phantasm for both seasons of Fate/Zero then. Because honestly, when I get the chance, I'd rather watch movies on the big screen. It's where they're supposed to be watched. ESPECIALLY ones with great visuals. And knowing Ufotable, I can expect some damn amazing stuff!
I better step up my binge-watching game then...
Kara no kyoukai is awesome.

Would highly recommend.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hinamatsuri's brilliant first scene makes clear that some of those bleach/naruto action animators found their way to Studio Feel.

I couldn't stop laughing at that. I mean really nitta, going to sleep and then comming back?
Fucking golden.

And hina's dry attitude is so amazing for those kind of gags, like the "celebration to leutenant" for nitta(the box scene), just hilarious.

I'm catching up on some fox spirit matchmaker, it has some dry humor going for it and i sort of enjoy the story. The not knowing backstory's keep me intrigued for the moment.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Grancrest Senki? Huh... watch it at your own risk I'd say. I don't really like it, it feels... off, somehow. I can't really describe it, but if I had to, "good" would not necessarily be among the words I'd use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info