:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Hajime no Ippo is definitely another very solid spokon anime. The only reason I would rank it lower than Giant Killing in the "spokon-meter" is its fairly liberal use of power moves and super-moves. While developing super-moves is a very common and accepted trope for sports anime, using it too much leads to shows like Prince of Tennis. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and I personally think Prince of Tennis is hilariously awesome for it. I'm just saying it takes the focus away from the roots, for better or for worse. Prince of Tennis is an extreme example where it might as well not be a sports anime at all and it'd probably still be just as great.

Edit: Actually, I can't say for certain about the Hajime no Ippo anime since I haven't watched it. I have read a large portion of the manga though, and that's my impression.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Last edited by North2 on May 6, 2018, 7:38:55 PM
Anybody following outcast season 2?

It's turning out really nice, curious to see how it ends.

I'm watching jojo's stardust crusaders at the moment, probably a classic for some people here but i never gave it a spin.
What can i say, it's a damn fine gentlemen's show, would definitely recommend.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I heard a LOT about jojo. It's on my plan to watch list under the "somewhat urgent" category.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Just about finished LoGH Gaiden, (doing that first before the main part)
Von Musel is a roaster even if his ideals are good and his ability great i think his report card would be filled with "he is his own worst enemy"...it seems that Siegfried is the only one keeping him in check and preventing him from doing something stupid.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
What's LGOH?

I mean were on the PoE forums so my brain naturally goes to life gain on hit =/

I'm nearing the final boss encounter in jojo and then i'm off for the second season, such a classy anime and the animation is hilarious and at the same time so very solid for the story. Very complementary art style.

Anybody here in to digital art? Else i recommend WLOP on devianart, recently found that gallery and had a blast browsing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
LoGH should stand for Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Either that or I have no clue either.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
LoGH should stand for Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

It dose (at least that is what i am talking about)

@Charan, is the bluray from Japan or did it even come out in the states? Going by the gaiden it would lend itself well to being dubbed, especially during the narration which there is a lot of, but i know some series have problems coming over seas (like most of the newer macross stuff) due to some copyright bollocks.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Sentai copped a lot of flak over the pricetag but compared to aniplex prices it's a bargain. It's roughly $6 an episode.

That isn't actually that bad, was about the same or slightly more when i was buying FMA(the shit one) on DVD and those didn't come with any extras.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 11, 2018, 3:55:34 AM
Hmm, reading that Yuichiro Umehara has been hospitalised, the voice actor for the characters Goro(darling in the franx) and Siegfried in the current LoGH die neue these, i wonder if that'll effect production at all.

I'm sad I want more fate/night... Just finished binging on Rosario Vampire... wasn't amazing but was definitely entertaining.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info