:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Long series are really hard for me to get into, and I always prefer the manga. I read all of Rave from the same manga writer, and I loved it for all of its cliche goodness. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time getting into Fairy Tail because it felt like more of the same stuff. I'm sure it's great though.

I'm going to Japan next week, which is gonna be awesome. I think I might pick up a bunch of Fairy Tail from a used bookstore and see if I can get into it. Or maybe I'll just binge-read it at a manga cafe.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Watched first 12-15 episodes last night of re:zero.

I always read full synopsis before watching stuff (doesn't hurt as i forget it pretty fast) and then I notice, the bane of whatever I do, its ongoing series. I really hoped its a finished one.

Guess I'm still traumatized by Berserks 29 years run. I just want stuff to end and then have a sense of completion after watching/reading.

Anyway, now I have to read light novel translations after I am done watching all 25 eps.

One thing I noticed was that sometimes dialogues/monologues tend to be sometimes so long. Is that remnant from pulling stuff from novel directly into anime script?
Spreading salt since 2006
"
North2 wrote:
Long series are really hard for me to get into, and I always prefer the manga. I read all of Rave from the same manga writer, and I loved it for all of its cliche goodness. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time getting into Fairy Tail because it felt like more of the same stuff. I'm sure it's great though.

I'm going to Japan next week, which is gonna be awesome. I think I might pick up a bunch of Fairy Tail from a used bookstore and see if I can get into it. Or maybe I'll just binge-read it at a manga cafe.

Fairy Tail doesn't start great, slowly grows on you. There are moments in some of the episodes where it becomes extreme rollercoaster of emotions. Some of the drawings are super nice...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Was reading some user reviews on fate/apocrypha how they don't know what's going on. Seriously the beginning of the episode literally tell you what's going on. WTH is wrong with Gen Z...

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Wow, Hinamatsuri was once again hilarious. I can't even begin to describe all the ridiculous stuff that happens in there...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Necromael wrote:
Watched first 12-15 episodes last night of re:zero.

I always read full synopsis before watching stuff (doesn't hurt as i forget it pretty fast) and then I notice, the bane of whatever I do, its ongoing series. I really hoped its a finished one.

Guess I'm still traumatized by Berserks 29 years run. I just want stuff to end and then have a sense of completion after watching/reading.

I can relate to that. I'm just hoping Togashi will finish HunterXHunter before one of us croaks.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Was reading some user reviews on fate/apocrypha how they don't know what's going on. Seriously the beginning of the episode literally tell you what's going on. WTH is wrong with Gen Z...

Yep. But the bait and switch at the end of first cours really shat some people. Its easy though. Jeanne is mc. Sieg is her love interest. Astolfo is best trap. Shirou is right. And Shakespeare is conTROLLing everything.

Lllooollll... Shakespeare annoyed me, Shirou actually was doing a good thing...

Jeanne only confused me at times when she changed personality... Leave it to her to judge humanity (child killer) she is... lol. Saber and Kairi my favorite relationship, lovvvved them. I really got attached to them. Berserker loved her concept...

Overall some moments are just wow...

Edit: Can’t forget that ending with semi...

Last edited by solwitch on May 5, 2018, 8:45:17 AM
Ok, at this point I'm just plain mad at netflix. It's almost like they're always trying to kill off anime series before they even get a chance to be noticed by the public >:(
Hisone to Masotan was amazing this week. That series manages to easily utilise its... diverse cast of characters (read: bunch of nutcases) to the fullest. It's a really damn well put-together mix of comedy, drama and action and there also seems to be some really important stuff happening in the background we get to see a little bit of in every episode.
I'd go as far and say that this series is very likely to become anime of the season, even above megalobox (disclaimer: I haven't watched steins;gate zero, so I have no way of telling how good it is, but since everyone seems to be thinking that it's the best thing since the invention of the wheel, I guess it's another one of the competitors fot this title). Maybe I love it too much at this point, but still, it's GREAT so far.
YET NOBODY IS WATCHING IT!!! And netflix is at least partially at fault for that.
Oh, and sorry charan for once again talking about it, but I just couldn't help myself this time around. Might happen again in the future, so also sorry in advance.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
5:43am coffee, netflix... Forums... Anime... Life is good.

"
FCK42 wrote:

YET NOBODY IS WATCHING IT!!! And netflix is at least partially at fault for that.

Unfortunately, I think netflix has very little to do with it in this case. I had not even heard of it until now, and I hang around in several Japanese IRC channels with probably around 40 anime otakus total between all of them.

I think Hisone to Masotan is just following the same fate as Ping Pong the Animation. It may be great, but the art is old, the premise isn't interesting, and there's too many shows this season that are a definite watch for a lot of people. Even now, my opinion on the show is, "Okay, I'll give it a try...later, maybe next month"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info