0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
MoxieGrrl wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
You know, there is a keystone that only life-based builds can use that was MEANT for allowing the players to stack a lot of auras purely on their mana.

Its called Eldritch Battery.

The problem is where Eldrich Battery *is*. If it was in the middle of the tree, this would make sense. But since most life builds are actually melee and would use Marauder, Duelist, or even Ranger as a start, It's in a *really* bad place for something that's so build enabling.

The thing is. If this would be in the middle of the tree. Who would pick Blood magic? There is no need for that keystone then.
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 16, 2013, 5:46:38 PM
"
Munion wrote:
Seriously?! People are bitching about fixing the equipment swapping bug with gems... This was obviously a bug from day 1... I was shocked the first time I saw this was doable, and shocked every patch it wasn't fixed because it seems so easy to fix. Now I don't have access to their code, it is entirely possibly it wasn't an easy fix and even more possible there were other things they just considered more important. But if you ever thought that was gonna stay the way it was forever...

no man, you can't put aura gems in malachai's simula, cast auras then remove the mask, that doesn't work, afaik, it never did. You put aura gems and reduced mana gems in other gear, you put simula on, cast auras that you want on your life pool, then remove it and put your other head gear with gems. You don't even put any gems in Simula or Covenant, there is no need. They are only used during the time of casting auras and ONLY used for casting some auras. If you remove gems - you loose auras. No one argues that that is the right thing.
Seriously, look at those items as items - they suck balls. They are useless for anything BUT casting auras on your HP pool instead of mana pool. AH can be usefull but I personally wouldn't wear it all the time, it's kinda glass canon item.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 16, 2013, 5:48:14 PM
I'm just going to repost what I wrote on FB.... saw some people talking about the desync issue and I do think it's important.... I wrote:

Sounds like some great updates. I have to agree that a priority ought to be the desync issue... it's not just a few people, it's not our ISP etc.. etc.. Is it packet loss or server issues... I have no idea. I have seen a post with a guy demonstrating massive packet loss during his desync issues... is it possible that people playing in North America are the ones having the issue mainly? If so why not put up a server in the midwest like Chicago or something? I really think whatever it is GGG ought to get to the bottom of the issue as a priority as it could turn out to be that one major issue that turns many people away from an otherwise excellent game... just my two cents anyway.

------

I really think this is the best game I've played in a long while... I just hope this issue does get resolved. I play through and have created builds that can generally withstand these issues but they have gotten even worse lately imo... one minute fighting a group of mobs or a boss and then out of nowhere I'm moved a few meters I never thought I was and mobs are in different spots some missing some dead....bosses that were right on me meters away... just strange.... I have never had this type of issue playing any game... ever. Again hope it gets fixed... server issue, location issue, whatever it is... should be priority #1 imo.
"Monsters other than Kraityn now have a cooldown on their Flicker Strike."

So happy.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.[/li]

So the Alpha howl exploit will still work as long as you cast the auras in a given area?
nice path!

and you guys crying about a bug fix are pretty pathetic, you should stop.
"
MoxieGrrl wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
You know, there is a keystone that only life-based builds can use that was MEANT for allowing the players to stack a lot of auras purely on their mana.

Its called Eldritch Battery.

The problem is where Eldrich Battery *is*. If it was in the middle of the tree, this would make sense. But since most life builds are actually melee and would use Marauder, Duelist, or even Ranger as a start, It's in a *really* bad place for something that's so build enabling.

Sure, it would be nice if it were slightly closer to the center (opposite side of inner force maybe) but its not like you can't build around it.

Examples of 2 builds I have.

EB IR crit phy cleave templar lvl 91
EB OG evasion crit phy RoA ranger lvl 89

The templar build travels through the left side of the tree (witch>templar>marauder>duelist) while the ranger build travel towards the right side (duelist>ranger>shadow>witch). Both builds get a decent amount of life (190% on templar, which can go up by 28% if I drop some crit nodes for the thick skin cluster, 204% on the ranger), mana regen, mana %, int/es%, damage and crit nodes.

You can clearly see that up to 4 different classes can connect to each build with some minor adjustments, and this is not even considering traveling through the middle, which will take far less points for certain builds.

Just take some time to plan out your build. Sucks if your main passive nodes for the build lies around the BM area, but otherwise it is very much viable to build towards EB even at this stage. The passive tree is not fixed by any means, so its not like changes for EB's position will never happen.
Last edited by Zealflare on Aug 16, 2013, 6:35:31 PM
“Creative use of game mechanics” may need some adjusting (although I don’t like it) but think what this does to the game as a whole:

I hate to see the world of POE shrinking bit by bit, that is my biggest worry.

-Original Aura system in Closed Beta allowed you to cast auras in your off hands
---This was great as it freed up a lot of extra slots for curses and utility skills
---Of course there was a major downside, auras did not persist between areas
---This was horrible and they did a good job helping us swallow the nerf by fixing this issue in the same patch

Unfortunately if the POE team just irons out all the other “interesting use of game mechanics” +2 Alpha’s Howl, Malachai/Covenant Blood Magic Reservation, and most importantly The Changing of Reduced Mana Gem for an Auxiliary skill, I fear everyone’s skillbars will be looking mightily thin (think like 3-4 skills).

While many of these upcoming changes don’t affect all builds, tons of people will not only lose an aura or three, but everyone will lose that much needed Enduring Cry, Decoy Totem, Warlord’s Mark, and so on from gem swap.

I guess at its best, this is a nerf to all life builds, mainly low-life Shavronne users and a nerf to the solitary 8-9 aura warrior (which to me is all negative and horrible) but is theoretically “a buff” to big parties in order to get all auras. Also added value for 20% quality auras.

Some possible solutions:

How about all aura costs are reduced across the board and perhaps a new common currency orb similar to armor scraps grants items 1 to 20% reduced mana reservation for auras within the item. This would basically remove Reduced Mana as a support gem for auras.

Grant us a white chromatic orb slot that is only color flexible with auras. This way re-chroming is not necessary and in pickup games it’s easy to get the aura situation sorted fast and easy.

Will someone please become a Diamond Supporter? Need to make:

Shavronne’s Funerary Tincture
----- Sockets 2 -----
+2 to Level of Aura Gems in this flask
Auras in this flask are active with 65.32% mana multiplier
Gems in this flask have Blood Magic

-Or alternatively, at least keep the reduced mana gem swap in the game, or some other kind of other solution to get a bit more breathing room with gem slots.
"
Lauicus wrote:

For example, I watched a video describing a 5+ aura-stacking LA ranger. That player achieved about the same amount of dps and survivability as my 3-aura LA ranger. Difference is that he needs a 6-link to use the bloodmagic-gem on his LA where I can suffice utilizing a 5-link for my LA. Also, the extra 4-link his extra auras occupy is used by me to put zombies in, which gives a huge boost to survivability due to aggro-distraction. So in the end, we achieve about the same results using different techniques, one involving 5+ auras, one using "only" 3 auras.

Exactly. Best Evasion rating in the game are minions ;-)

There are alternatives for 5+ Auras. And there will be another "best build" around. Its just a bugfix that nerfs al those who, kind of legal, explioted the bug.
Yay for performance improvements! GJ
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info