0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Slider13 wrote:
The complaint here isn't that they fixed an "exploit." It's that in so doing they have once again nerfed hp builds in a manner that does not correspondingly nerf ES builds. They are telling us through their patching that they want us to have to move towards ES to succeed in ladder. For the vast majority of you this is completely irrelevant, but for those of with 10s extremely expensive gear and high levels who rely on this "exploit" to be on the same playing field as other specs, we will take a hit for no good reason.

balance cannot be had, or even attempted to be had, around bugs.

It's the same old bull that they've done a few times now and every other game company does. "We dont like x and think it needs fixed, but we're going to fix y first which will exacerbate x while we try and come up with a solution. Oh yea, enjoy hardcore, try not to die."
"
Chris wrote:

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.

At long last, a long awaited change / fix.
Thanks for doing this, can now get rid of the pesky alphas/blood raiment/rdm gem swap.

"
Munion wrote:

Seriously?! People are bitching about fixing the equipment swapping bug with gems... This was obviously a bug from day 1... I was shocked the first time I saw this was doable, and shocked every patch it wasn't fixed because it seems so easy to fix. Now I don't have access to their code, it is entirely possibly it wasn't an easy fix and even more possible there were other things they just considered more important. But if you ever thought that was gonna stay the way it was forever...

Munion I'm even more shocked that people are bitching about the fix!

Best thing about this is all the low life builds that took advantage of this just got punched by the nerfbat. Perhaps this could help tone down the insane power of Shavronne's wrappings. Even with less auras it will still be really good.
I sold my shavronne because of the fact I had to mess around with gems and extra items every time I logged in. Permanent low life vision???? Fuck that - not my thing.

Forget about shavronne and chaos resist - be pro, go CI!
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 16, 2013, 4:33:19 PM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Deize wrote:

This is about game balance, CI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> life. CI beats any life build 100% now. Why would I play like Life based RoA build where I can get around 17-18K DPS, after these changes propably around 13-15k, with 7,5K Life when I can go Shavronnes dual totem spark/EK with 3xDPS same survivability. Or any CI build with 2xDPS same survivability?

Because, maybe, and I really mean maybe, someone wants to play a character he himself thought about, planned and did not look up on the forums. Because maybe somebody wants to play a certain skillgem and does not care if its the "best" character possible? I for myself would only want to play one CI character (I am currently not far enough in the game to already have one), bacuase I want difference in look and feel of my characters.

You people need to be satisfied with 90% again, instead of crying that somebody else might have 91%.
I don't care about other characters (and You shouldn't, either), as long as there are a lot of viable options (and there are), I dont care if mine is not the absolute mathematically best one.

Have you ever played 74+ maps? Specially in HC or Onslaught. If not, you don't what your talking about.
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with.

At long last, a long awaited change / fix.
Thanks for doing this, can now get rid of the pesky alphas/blood raiment/rdm gem swap.

"
Munion wrote:

Seriously?! People are bitching about fixing the equipment swapping bug with gems... This was obviously a bug from day 1... I was shocked the first time I saw this was doable, and shocked every patch it wasn't fixed because it seems so easy to fix. Now I don't have access to their code, it is entirely possibly it wasn't an easy fix and even more possible there were other things they just considered more important. But if you ever thought that was gonna stay the way it was forever...

Munion I'm even more shocked that people are bitching about the fix!

Best thing about this is all the low life builds that took advantage of this just got punched by the nerfbat. Perhaps this could help tone down the insane power of Shavronne's wrappings. Even with less auras it will still be really good.
I sold my shavronne because of the fact I had to mess around with gems and extra items every time I logged in. Permanent low life vision???? Fuck that - not my thing.

Forget about shavronne and chaos resist - be pro, go CI!

There will always be at least one guy who gets their panties in a knot because of a fix.

Back in Closed Beta you could have aura gems on a weapon swap and have them enabled and persist while that weapon swap was inactive, therefore allowing you to have up to 6 auras without putting those aura gems in your main equipment setup. When I told people "I'm going to laugh when they fix that", several people felt all high-and-mighty and told me "they're never going to fix it because it'd kill the game".

What happened? It got patched. A good handful of people had a similar whiny fit at the change, but they moved on and adapted.

Let's apply the same things to this. Despite how much all of these people are both whining about the change and claiming "we're quitting until it gets re-balanced", to me, just seem like they think if they whine and complain enough, GGG will undo their change to something that wasn't intended to exist in the first place.

If it was intended, do you really think they would've fixed it? No. Now stop whining, suck it up, move on, and adapt. If you can't...well, tough luck and good riddance, I say.
"
My god, I stopped reading this nonsense after page 15. I'm not sure how I made it hat far.
Me too.

GGG, keep up the awesome work and I will play PoE a lot longer spending money every know and then.
And I gotta love these "This is BETA Blablalba" shit. This ain't a fucking beta. Every game maker just calls their games a BETA so they can make excuses for their fuck ups. Take your heads out of your ***es
IGN = DeizeCoC, DeizeCi, DeizeNUTS
"
Deize wrote:

This is about game balance, CI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> life. CI beats any life build 100% now. Why would I play like Life based RoA build where I can get around 17-18K DPS, after these changes propably around 13-15k, with 7,5K Life when I can go Shavronnes dual totem spark/EK with 3xDPS same survivability. Or any CI build with 2xDPS same survivability?

Have you ever played 74+ maps? Specially in HC or Onslaught. If not, you don't what your talking about.

CI was always able to obtain higher ES pools than life. This is nothing new. In closed beta CI had a 50% increased ES on the node itself! I think they changed it to the better, forcing you to spend extra points.
ES comes with the weakness of being based on 1 life. You need workarounds to avoid certain status ailments/stun.
Also a big base pool since you are not able to regen your ES via flasks.

74maps!!! OMG! You are super pro, Hail the god Deize!
Last edited by Harmster on Aug 16, 2013, 5:27:30 PM
Some people clearly have no idea how game development works...
"
Zealflare wrote:
You know, there is a keystone that only life-based builds can use that was MEANT for allowing the players to stack a lot of auras purely on their mana.

Its called Eldritch Battery.

The problem is where Eldrich Battery *is*. If it was in the middle of the tree, this would make sense. But since most life builds are actually melee and would use Marauder, Duelist, or even Ranger as a start, It's in a *really* bad place for something that's so build enabling.
Interesting notes, unique vendor recipe...
What would it take? a full set of unique gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info