The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

GRANDE! GREAT!
I'm very new to this game and I'm looking to try this build without making any mistakes. Sorry if I've got this totally wrong, I don't know how most stuff works yet.

You say we take the Iron Reflexes passive for the evasion to armor conversion, but we're not actually taking the grace aura? Only 2 auras listed Hatred and Clarity?

Have I read this right? is Iron Reflexes needed still in 1.0.0?
"
Trash_Man wrote:
I'm very new to this game and I'm looking to try this build without making any mistakes. Sorry if I've got this totally wrong, I don't know how most stuff works yet.

You say we take the Iron Reflexes passive for the evasion to armor conversion, but we're not actually taking the grace aura? Only 2 auras listed Hatred and Clarity?

Have I read this right? is Iron Reflexes needed still in 1.0.0?

Yeah not as necessary now but it's only 2 points and we get a ton of other good stuff in the area. If you arent running any Evasion or AR/EV gear you can drop it if you like.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
I'm going to try this at hardcore. Btw, can you tell what font you are using in this pic:

Spoiler
?

It looks great!

Not 100% sure I think it's either Gotham Ultra Bold or Arial Black. Could also be Gill Sans Ultra or something like that. It's nice and clear for YT thumbnails huh?
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Thanks heaps for the update Ziggy been really enjoying learning about PoE from many of your youtube vids (even thought 1.0 has thrown a lot of info out of whack!), I am building an IB marauder in nemesis currently as well, is here the best place to ask you questions, or would it be better to message or pm on youtube or elsewhere?

Cheers bud, good to see an aussie putting out some great content :)
Just asking, why are you taking +1 Frenzy Charge near the Duelist tree?
Hey Ziggy,

I really like your build, but can you please tell me, why you do not use Bloodmagic anymore?
I Think you have thaaaaat much life-reg so you really don't need mana, right?

My actual skilling plan is
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxth7jFhjIQJQUIzP9khfP1RJ51LvDrnd8i-oGGoe2WEZLlcNJ-3SIZHOrKqezbvtcqlR5lnzpzB253zZtC_AGgHn974UIBRxQT_krZBVNuhQR0Gq3sGnhGSjGJHfvxo4GlXJmOw4YSE62IdqhO8S4U3YfLst0pBsXhN07Yx2xYqplBvIeu_wH4TZQzFgS7T5BLOiAGVNJd-2QQUtFE0CcUd-TipAoKloq8UppZ65vYGZKyr2IVU5Dj38fLgpLg==

Any feedback?
"
Verigorm wrote:
Hey Ziggy,

I really like your build, but can you please tell me, why you do not use Bloodmagic anymore?
I Think you have thaaaaat much life-reg so you really don't need mana, right?

He explains in this vid why he dropped BM. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n7EC-WcC5I

I've just taken RT, where should I be moving to on the tree now, what skill should I be moving towards next?
Last edited by Trash_Man on Oct 28, 2013, 7:38:37 AM
"
Trash_Man wrote:

I've just taken RT, where should I be moving to on the tree now, what skill should I be moving towards next?

Step1: RT
Step2: BM
Step3: Life and All res nodes
Step4: Max endurance charges (3 from passives). You can respec the 2 points from RT to BM and take the ones near Blood Drinker and Lava Lash. Those endurance charges help TREMENDOUSLY(6 end charges -> 24% DR and all resist).

This is where I am now.

Next there are 3 path options. You want to take them all but it's your choice which path is first to take:
Option1: Life and Amplify in the Templar Area
Option2: Duelist Area and Iron Reflexes
Option3: Physical Damage nodes with added Armor

It all depends on what you're lacking: Option1 - life, Option2 - Armor, Option3 - damage

After you have taken all the options above you have 2 options ( again:) )
1. Head to Purity of Flesh to take Life and some Chaos resist
2. Head to Life Circle near Scion start taking on the way Berserking cluster(IAS), Path of Warrior Notable and Sentinel Notable.

I hope this will serve as a guide to progression on this build.
I like it for the simplicity in it and how gear independent it is.

My gear sucks: I have 700 armor and 500 DPS at lvl 45. Still with 6 endurance charges up I am at 54% Damage Reduction and max resists in mid Cruel. Don't underestimate them!
Last edited by nebunelux on Oct 28, 2013, 10:08:31 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfI1kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8alubEZybDIJeA2E2WVNR36rxamUkGyHamEhbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlEuGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKCeuVivNugaVWSjAeefy6cw976ezdIhVw2RztlhGS7Uj7nd7w7nUlRJXz8n7ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4Otgt0p8-fLvFivAfogAUTYM473zyLxQgUEeHKcS41fh25-St3sHz3XKpfNlR5rQvQT8=

I re-made this build as Scion , thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info