The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

What's up with the armour, es nodes at the templar side of the tree? Did u put them there because of the changes to the passive tree?
"
Valmar wrote:
"
lonton wrote:
Hi guys,

Great guide! I've been following this build and still there's one point that I dont understand: why do we have to have gems with exact level to work with CWDT gem ?

Problem with CWDT is that we want it to trigger frequently.
To do that, we dont want to level it too much, because then it only triggers from time to time.

So, if you keep it at low level (like level 4 or level 5), its a decent frequently (tested for some players, each one can choose, maybe his playstyle is ok woth level 4, and other player prefer level 6).

In addition, to work with CWDT, gems linked to it must be on equal or less level req. And I dont mean level of gem, I mean level req. So, for example, if CWDT is level 4, it requieres for you to be level 37. That means that CWDT only works with linked gems that have 37 or less req level. So, you need to keep your other gems too in that way.

So, in that particular case, if you use a CWDT level4 (req 37 IIRC), you need as the topic says max level 7 enduring cry, max level 9 molten shell, and so on, because that way any of these gems surpases level 37 req.

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for your explaination. Can you plesae help to take a look at my current 4L CWDT in the post above your post. Will these gems word togerther?

Thansk !
"
lonton wrote:

Thanks a lot for your explaination. Can you plesae help to take a look at my current 4L CWDT in the post above your post. Will these gems word togerther?

Thansk !

They work, only problem I see is you overleveled CWDT a lot, maybe its better to get a new one and keep it all the gems at the level the guide says (CWDT at level 4 and so on), for the reasons I told you.

However, if the character works as it is, maybe its fine for you.
IGN: Gonorreitor
How do you use auras when you have Blood magic in passive and don't use 60% of life reserved ? I saw that in 69 exp video. I mean you have got there 4 auras with blood magic passive. Can you tell me how did you do that ? Thanks.
Last edited by sajewa95 on Apr 18, 2014, 12:36:57 PM
good guide.
Last edited by jjhhll0419 on Apr 20, 2014, 1:00:54 PM
"
sajewa95 wrote:
How do you use auras when you have Blood magic in passive and don't use 60% of life reserved ? I saw that in 69 exp video. I mean you have got there 4 auras with blood magic passive. Can you tell me how did you do that ? Thanks.

You can spec out of blood magic later. Just link a reduced mana gem to your aura's you wanna run. If you are running into mana issues after that, you can put a blood magic gem into your main skill.
On my command, unleash hell.
Had a good time with my infernal blow marauder, selling a whole gear set on ambush, send me pms if you are interested in some of the gear.

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/854410/page/1/#p7317826

-Winter_Sun
@Wintersun_AMB
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/854410
How is everyone doing with the build?

I have seem to hit a roadblock at level 80 and can't seem to reliably increase my armor or DPS without spending ALOT of money.

I have about 10-12k DPS reliably, 4800 HP and 3.5k armor.

This is my current setup,

Any tips would be appreciated. ALSO I was wondering if anyone know how much elemental dps contributed to infernal blow compared to how much physical dps did.
Last edited by Mukuro123 on Apr 27, 2014, 2:12:51 AM
I haven't read all 30+ pages.

Will this build be effective with a 2h sword, versus a mallet of similar DPS?
I have an Axe with more DPS than Marohi Erqi and this is the skill tree I use

Use Blood magic keystone because my group has all auras.
You Drop Blood magic, put in your 5L, and use hatred/grace the DPS would be the same-ish for solo play.

not sure if the tree is min/maxed any suggestions welcome.
IGN @ExileProz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info