0.9.12c Patch Notes

"
silentman wrote:
You said that we get a second refund to skill points but i didn't get mine.

Only players who had allocated one of the two removed passives had a refund.

"
paradox404 wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
so 24% more maps but no IIQ anymore, that sounds like we are now finding less maps than before.

Outside of maps for sure..

yesterday i made lvl 61-66 with 46% IIQ without ANY map drop, now with only 24% more Maps instead of 46% it will look even worse :/

Yeah something is wrong with this "map drops boost" it's more like "map drops nerf" to me :/

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
No fix for the totem bug? and the whisper crash bug?

hmmm... Seems I will wait 0.9.12d
The new area layouts are great - it's like playing a totally new game.

Moving Phase run to the Medicine chest Quest reward was a stroke of brilliance- I predict many more early race deaths.

On the subject of races - please fix the totems before tomorrows race.

I still find the item flag "Blurriness" during movement very disorienting but am getting used to it. Likewise I'm also getting used to the way my characters respond.

The new passive changes for the Templar are a vast improvement: although the branch through the "Maximum Power Charges" to the outer ring would probably only benefit "Power Syphon" builds and is probably not necessary.

Please Please fix the Totems range.
I'm BACK :)
"
Chris wrote:

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)

but the problem is that it is even harder to find maps outside of maps.

Is just stupid to farm 5-10hours for one map

IGN: kReiZy
"
Burgingham wrote:
Nah, the targeting is actually still not fine, at least to me.

It seems once all enemies have left the totems range it powers down and even if enemies then again enter the range it won't start shooting again. Only exception is when it gets hit.

Edit: Also me and my friends are getting quite a few random crashes. Couldn't put our fingers on it what is causing them. Can happen mid battle, but also while standing in town.Has only started to occur with 0.9.12.

1) Agreed the target initial acquision time has been reduced.
2) The range significantly reduced
*3) They go to sleep now after an initial attack and when a "new" mob enters their radius of attack they do not reinstate attacks.

This has wrecked my double totem build, qq.
"
BesucherXia wrote:
No fix for the totem bug? and the whisper crash bug?

hmmm... Seems I will wait 0.9.12d

"
Chris wrote:
Fixed a client crash that could occur when whispering another player.
"
FcknGroovin wrote:
"
Burgingham wrote:
Nah, the targeting is actually still not fine, at least to me.

It seems once all enemies have left the totems range it powers down and even if enemies then again enter the range it won't start shooting again. Only exception is when it gets hit.

Edit: Also me and my friends are getting quite a few random crashes. Couldn't put our fingers on it what is causing them. Can happen mid battle, but also while standing in town.Has only started to occur with 0.9.12.

1) Agreed the target initial acquision time has been reduced.
2) The range significantly reduced
*3) They go to sleep now after an initial attack and when a "new" mob enters their radius of attack they do not reinstate attacks.

This has wrecked my double totem build, qq.

Chris, I did some more testing ...

I think that some people are saying that totems are fine and some are not because of the skills being used. Specifically, it appears the projectile based spells, spark, freezing pulse, etc ( these are the ones i tested ) are the spells having the most problems post-patch, this is likely related to the projectile portion of the patch FYI. Thanks!

Edited to add:
What is probably needed is a review of the code that used to say "is a mob in my melee range?" I think the totems are using old code or their needs to be a new function for them to "detect" a mob entering "projectile range" whereas everything was "in range" before because ranged attacks used to be simulated as a local attack at a distance. Then you can tweak the detection radius from there, right now it's probably not even doing this. My guess.

Last edited by FcknGroovin on Sep 11, 2012, 8:12:56 AM
Ok i just watched the "new sockets"
Nah man still the same thing they look like plastic
It really takes away from your art style and the over all feel of the game.
I wish i like...i really wished but sorry they don't look good at all and the problem with this that you had before a real slide choice that you just down graded it which i don't know why.

Just tell us chris is it impossible to make it as an option?
FFA loot = Single Player Game
I'm a pure Summoner, and I like the new patch. I cannot really feel if I was nerfed or buffed, more likely buffed. The damage seems quite the same for my gem setup. So I am happy.

I just had to add lot more increased cast speed nodes on the talent tree to make up for the actual loss of Skele summons.

I would like to add something I DON'T like, which is the new socket/link layout for items when you see them on ground. I find it much harder to actually see what is linked and what is not. I don't know if you decreased the font size or anything, but I can feel it immediately that something went odd. If it's just the layout that changes everything or if you indeed changed the font size.
I think more people feel the same as me with this one, and I hope you can have a look into this. It was smart to make it look like the same layout as it is when looking at the item. Go with that idea, just needs some improvements for visibility.

About the actual socket layout on items in inventory, the lower brightness made it look much better. But for color-blind people I would also recommend to try changing the shapes of the edges of the sockets to something unique for each of the colors like it was mentioned here earlier. Not just simply cutting the edges differently, but trying to make then somewhat unique and symbolic-stylish or similar. And those edges should be colored either the same color it represent but lower brightness, OR use the same color for all the different colortypes.

Onslaught League: KoleStoleMyVirginity, Witch 54
As someone who is not colorblind, I found the new sockets too garish for my liking. Would it be possible to allow sockets to be toggled between the 9.11 and the original 9.12 ones via the UI menu?

The changes in 9.12c actually recolored the sockets to not be helpful for those who are colorblind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info