0.9.12c Patch Notes

Seems like my Templar was the only one that had the passive tree reset, but not my Marauder.

Edit: I am out, need to get some sleep. :3
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 11, 2012, 4:49:22 AM
"
Sir_LogiC wrote:
Just had a good idea.

I don't like the socket colours at the moment, they seem too washed out. The socket size is good though.

The good idea is this: perhaps the sockets could be different shapes? Triangle, square and circle comes to mind. Would be obvious for colour blind people and a small icon could be added to the gem description so that it is obvious which shape socket a gem goes in.

Was just about to post the exact same thing.
"
illskills wrote:
"
Sir_LogiC wrote:
Just had a good idea.

I don't like the socket colours at the moment, they seem too washed out. The socket size is good though.

The good idea is this: perhaps the sockets could be different shapes? Triangle, square and circle comes to mind. Would be obvious for colour blind people and a small icon could be added to the gem description so that it is obvious which shape socket a gem goes in.

Was just about to post the exact same thing.

We tried different socket shapes and did not like the result. If you're lucky, Erik will see this and maybe post some images of the experiment :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I think shapes could easily be done for the socket itself (not the circle).
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
I'm red-green colorbind and I'm afraid to say that it is now impossible for me to tell the current socket colors apart.

EDIT: I should add that it's the brightness and the thickness of the previous sockets that made it easier for me to tell them apart.

EDIT2: Also, I should mention that the old pre .12 sockets I could tell apart by the pattern rather than the color but I had to look at it really closely to do so.
Last edited by Ofunniku on Sep 11, 2012, 5:35:20 AM
"
Chris wrote:

We tried different socket shapes and did not like the result. If you're lucky, Erik will see this and maybe post some images of the experiment :)

Really want to see this experiment, because i too think this is a good idea, but maybe after some images all will change their mind. :D

But i think about as well change the gems. For example: round gem for round socket, triangle gem for triangle socket.
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on Sep 11, 2012, 5:30:58 AM
Chris, any chance to post 9.12b and 9.12c skill trees, I'd love to see the changes because I just can't figure where I gained my point.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
did you try anything like this?

Third one could remain round or have flat diagonals

Colour blindness simulation:
I don't know if I should post this here or in the 0.9.12 topic (where the actual change happened) so don't kill me if it's the wrong spot =P.

I have some feedback about the recent changes to explosive arrow: at first look I was really scared about the fact that I could not use pierce anymore, but after some tests I noticed that it wasn't necessary. The recent change to the skill that makes it explode even from the ground has at least doubled the power of the skill, making me able to kill enemies far away in open areas and just obliterate everything in close ones. The new skill's art is pretty good, but when arrows stick into something it just looks wrong (with arrows not actually connected to the thing they are attached to). In terms of visibility I can't tell anymore how many charges I am sticking on a certain enemy, which is often important if I need to stack a lot of damage or increase the radius, could you consider adding the fuse charges back, just to give an additional clue to players?
Compared to 0.9.11 now you can do up to 5 times more damage to a single enemy using explosive arrows, is this intended?

In general I feel much more powerful. (maybe too much, I just run in front of everything now xD)

I recorded a video to show the changes of the skill, probably it's easier to see what I meant: 1st Floor Pyramid, level 61 Witch (I still need to find my first map).
"
Chris wrote:
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
Removed the damage reflection cap. There is now no limit to the amount of damage that can be reflected by one attack.

So with my mara have 2600 hp and 5.5k dps with heavy strike it means i will 1shot myself again? Thats great!

There's a multiplier in there to scale it down, too. The decrease in aura radius and multiplier today both help it only one shot characters who really aren't paying attention :)

We did test this pretty thoroughly!

I see now, reflect map property with reflect rare mob is a bit tough but separately it's not that bad as i thought.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info