0.9.12c Patch Notes

Im sorry to admit that i agree with startkabels ....

The player base is mostly non-colour blind people, please focus on those, as that is where GGG will earn the most money from in the long run... not the "few" colour blind people..

"
julus wrote:
"
Other people seem to like these sockets, mabye we could have a toggle to switch between colorblind friendly bright sockets (the ones in 9.12a were AWESOME!) and the darker non-handicapped sockets.

Heh? Almost everyone says that the color/hue/brightness of sockets should be changed for colorblind people. Well, what about changing the shape of sockets? Square for red, circle for green, triangle/pentagon for blue? Also there is more than one type of colorblind disorder, so finding the good colors which would suit to everyone is much harder (for example, if someone have monochromacy, you will never find a good colors as they can see only shades of gray)

As for the skills gems, they can have the shape engraved on them for example.

Having sockets a shape that corresponds with the gem shape would be nice, but I just don't see it happening.

Humans see color. It is just a matter of certain ranges that some humans cannot see. I'm fairly certain that a fully colorblind person would have an impenetrable barrier between himself and most games, therefore will not end up trying to play PoE or even know about it.

0.00001% of people are monochromatic, which is one in 10,000,000 people (600 on earth). So if this game is as big as world of warcrap, statistically it COULD reach 1 person who doesn't see any color, however that 1 person doesn't play games, because he is monochromatic.

"
Startkabels wrote:
Come on guys, what the..

Please DISREGARD colourblind people.

You are not implementing dyslectic friendly fonts now are you?

We should disregard non-whites, non-straight, non-republicans, and people who cannot spell dyslexic even with spell check while we are at it. We don't need them.

Maybe someday Startkabels you will realize that we are all retarded, we are just different kinds of retarded, so stop discriminating against people who aren't the same kind of retarded that you are.

By the way, one in ten white men are colorblind. So what you are saying that making a game that is incompatible with roughly 10% percent of its audience to save 0.0001% of its development time is a good idea?
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Sep 12, 2012, 2:41:04 PM
Just played Path of Exile (after a short break when GW2 came out).

And man, I haven't had that much fun in a while.

Path of Exile confirmed for best game.

Also loving 0.9.12.

kudos to the voiceacters.

Ingame favorite = ranger
Introduction speech = Shadow (and ranger)

Ranger Voiceacter is fucking cool, love her "getting hit" screams.

My suggestion. work on the looks of ground item links.
before 9.12 they were easier to see (at least the links)

Keep the new socketframes how they are right now if that works for colorblind people, I like them, not worse than the ones before, and better than the super bright.

Best feature for me so far "superior" before quality items, since I heavily use vendor recipies.
I like the new sockets. The size is better and effects aswell. the colors don't seem too off now, I'm pretty sure I will get used to it. Nice and quick changes good work :)
"
GutzFR wrote:
I like the new sockets. The size is better and effects aswell. the colors don't seem too off now, I'm pretty sure I will get used to it. Nice and quick changes good work :)

they suck and that's why they tried to hide it.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
I may not like the color choices, but I gotta say that I love the fact that GGG is trying to be conscientious of color-blind people. It's an impressive thing for a company to do.
"
GutzFR wrote:

I like the new ones too, but since it is very contraversial and I had a colourblind in chat who couldn't differenciate red and green from each other I still sugest making all three socket types optional
You know you are doing something right in a game when the biggest complaint from people are the colors/shapes of sockets.

Really folks? 75% of the posts are about THAT?

"
C4ph wrote:
Okay I do have to complain about what I initially wanted to complain and to which version C did not change anything:

I can barely see sockets of on the floor items: Here is the pic!

Spoiler

If your screen REALLY looks like that (and you didn't photoshop it) then you have some issues going on with your computer. It doesn't look anything like that for anyone else (or you'd hear screaming).

As you can see it is really hard to scan things I do not know wether this is only me who has this problem or also others.

Fuerthermore the sockets in stash are super blurry:

Spoiler

You could really work on that!

If your screen REALLY looks like that (and you didn't photoshop it) then you have some issues going on with your computer. It doesn't look anything like that for anyone else (or you'd hear screaming).
I don't particularly care about the sockets. I'm more annoyed by the addition of all the new rare item names. Seems like alchemy orbs are gonna get pretty scarce. I don't understand the point of the alch recipe if they make it practically impossible to use.
"

"
Startkabels wrote:
Come on guys, what the..

Please DISREGARD colourblind people.

You are not implementing dyslectic friendly fonts now are you?

We should disregard non-whites, non-straight, non-republicans, and people who cannot spell dyslexic even with spell check while we are at it. We don't need them.

Maybe someday Startkabels you will realize that we are all retarded, we are just different kinds of retarded, so stop discriminating against people who aren't the same kind of retarded that you are.

By the way, one in ten white men are colorblind. So what you are saying that making a game that is incompatible with roughly 10% percent of its audience to save 0.0001% of its development time is a good idea?

First of all I spelled it correctly so there you go.

Secondly, races, sexual orientation, politic opinions do not matter gameplay wise. Dyslexia and other handicaps do and there are lots of other handicaps.

Third there are several grades off colorblindness, the number you were pulling out of your butthole is not really representive (LOL).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info