0.9.12c Patch Notes

Version 0.9.12c
End-Game Map Changes:
  • The player's "Increased Item Quantity" stat does not affect the drop rate of Map items any more. It does still increase the drop rate of everything else inside Maps.
  • Maps now drop 24% more often.
  • The mods on Maps that increase the quantity of items (and Maps) dropped within that Map are now around 50% higher.
  • It's now slightly easier to find higher level Maps.

Damage Reflection Changes:
  • Removed the damage reflection cap. There is now no limit to the amount of damage that can be reflected by one attack.
  • Reduced the damage reflected by monster auras and Map mods by 20%.
  • Reduced the radius of monster damage reflection auras by 20%.

Other:
  • Reduced the brightness and width of the band of colour on item sockets. We'd like to get feedback from colourblind players about whether they're still able to distinguish the different socket colours now that they're darker.
  • Changed the passive tree slightly to allow faster access to the outside for the Templar and Marauder. Any characters that have allocated the passives that were removed here will have their passive skill points refunded by this patch.
  • Fixed some quest reward skill gems that were set to the wrong level.
  • Fixed a bug where your highlighted quests on the World screen could be changed after going to a new area.
  • Fixed a bug where Fairgraves would appear next to his illusion form rather than on top of it.
  • Fixed a bug where Belcer, the Pirate Lord would be invisible and would not attack you.
  • Fixed a server crash that could occur when using Summoned Skeletons and Auras on different weapon sets.
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when whispering another player.
  • Fixed a patcher crash that could occur when installing the game. If you are stuck unable to run the game after installing it, please delete the zero byte Content.ggpk file in the Path of Exile directory. This state should not occur from fresh installs any more.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Gruia wrote:
why is this not deployed yet?
My client does not updated

It is not deployed yet because we post the patch notes about 20 minutes before the patch is deployed.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Alternalo wrote:
"
Removed the damage reflection cap. There is now no limit to the amount of damage that can be reflected by one attack.

So with my mara have 2600 hp and 5.5k dps with heavy strike it means i will 1shot myself again? Thats great!

There's a multiplier in there to scale it down, too. The decrease in aura radius and multiplier today both help it only one shot characters who really aren't paying attention :)

We did test this pretty thoroughly!
"
illskills wrote:
"
Sir_LogiC wrote:
Just had a good idea.

I don't like the socket colours at the moment, they seem too washed out. The socket size is good though.

The good idea is this: perhaps the sockets could be different shapes? Triangle, square and circle comes to mind. Would be obvious for colour blind people and a small icon could be added to the gem description so that it is obvious which shape socket a gem goes in.

Was just about to post the exact same thing.

We tried different socket shapes and did not like the result. If you're lucky, Erik will see this and maybe post some images of the experiment :)
"
silentman wrote:
You said that we get a second refund to skill points but i didn't get mine.

Only players who had allocated one of the two removed passives had a refund.

"
paradox404 wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
so 24% more maps but no IIQ anymore, that sounds like we are now finding less maps than before.

Outside of maps for sure..

yesterday i made lvl 61-66 with 46% IIQ without ANY map drop, now with only 24% more Maps instead of 46% it will look even worse :/

Yeah something is wrong with this "map drops boost" it's more like "map drops nerf" to me :/

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

There is absolutely no way we're going to keep legacy UI options around forever - we'd much rather fix it up so that everyone is happy, and keep that as a standard version that everyone sees. Will will continue to iterate on sockets, based on your feedback.

There *may* be a colourblind option in the future if we're unable to satisfactorily solve this.
Last edited by Chris on Sep 11, 2012, 5:36:10 PM
Capping after resistances means there's little point in getting resistances. If the cap would apply after your resistances, then it would apply if you had no resistance, and still cap to the same amount, thus making the resistances have no effect on that damage. If a cap were to return, it would pretty much have to be before resistances, as it was before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info