0.9.12c Patch Notes

yes , sokets are not as bad but still bad

its probably the worst element of design in the game. And the game is awesome.. so not much skin off my back. But in later patches this should be improved
"

I would like to add something I DON'T like, which is the new socket/link layout for items when you see them on ground. I find it much harder to actually see what is linked and what is not.

Hm, interesting. Me and the people I play with agree that it is much easier to see the sockets an item has now while it is on the ground without hovering over it. Has made the looting proccess a lot faster for myself.
"
Burgingham wrote:
"

I would like to add something I DON'T like, which is the new socket/link layout for items when you see them on ground. I find it much harder to actually see what is linked and what is not.

Hm, interesting. Me and the people I play with agree that it is much easier to see the sockets an item has now while it is on the ground without hovering over it. Has made the looting proccess a lot faster for myself.

I agree that the actual socketsize are easier to see, probably. I had no problems with it for the old one though. But I don't find the actual links to be easier to read. Play some and make sure to get all possible link-layouts and give a report. Might be just me, but I want to hear more opinions on this, good as bad.

Onslaught League: KoleStoleMyVirginity, Witch 54
"
Crotonhurst wrote:
Would it be possible to allow sockets to be toggled between the 9.11 and the original 9.12 ones via the UI menu?

This please.
"
dspair wrote:
"
Crotonhurst wrote:
Would it be possible to allow sockets to be toggled between the 9.11 and the original 9.12 ones via the UI menu?

This please.

+1

But anyway... great job with another quick patch fixing issues and things that community dislikes. Makes me want to spend few bucks again :)
"
dspair wrote:
"
Crotonhurst wrote:

This please.

Support from me.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
awesome!!!!
finally i can begin playing poe action again :P

eh any plans to fix aura forgetting`?

oh and could you change "superior" to "x%" ?
Last edited by Laee on Sep 11, 2012, 12:23:15 PM
Epic patch notes. Finally being able to play my style with a chance at advancing in maps instead of handcuffing myself with quantity to stay on level 63 and under maps.

Also, as someone who is pretty badly "colourblind" (I'm American, it's colorblind to me :p), I never had a problem seeing the sockets on items, it was always the sockets on the ground, specifically red. The red on black is terrible for anyone who is red/green colorblind, which is also the most common form of colorblindness.

The new darker is fine, the old one was fine as well (personally, I liked the old one better). On the ground was a severe competitive disadvantage as any 6 sockets that started with a red socket were so hard to see. Now it is much easier to see.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Sep 11, 2012, 1:18:38 PM
"
Metalica24 wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
"
Crotonhurst wrote:

This please.

Support from me.
Additional support from here as well. The sockets aren't terrible, but the old ones looked better to me.
Patch is great! Thanks for your continued hard work. I really love the new skill tree with increased life nodes and easier access to nodes that were too far away to include in builds.

I know you guys are getting beat up about the sockets so I won't jump on the band wagon because I'm not crazy about them either. Are you guys considering a toggle from old style to new? I have faith in GGG's brilliant team and know you will figure out a solution. After all it's just aesthetics... there's bigger issues to tackle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info