[2.0.4]PewPewPews Official Flicker Strike build!

How's the noob friendly flicker strike build going I really want it!
I had a couple of very(very)busy days, so it was hard to keep responding to everything for a while. My apologies for the lack of replies/vids/etc. :(

As for the Noob Friendly Flicker Striker.. I am still working on it. I might scrap the current try out, and start something new soon: even though it does have the power to smash through a lot, it just... dies... a lot. It lacks a lot of defenses, which makes everything until merci act 3 a breeze, but mapping becomes nearly impossible(most bosses will just two/three hit kill you, no matter what). I've been fiddling around with it, and decided that I need to try to another approach to this matter. So stand by, once I get some more time on my hands, I will surely update you on my progress :)

A quick Q&A
- This Flicker strike vs Crit Flicker Strike? - This one has less dps, by far(crit FS is just insanely strong), but I feel this FS is a better all round character: can do almost any combination of mods, able to solo high level maps, doesn't die if played right, and still maintains a very high DPS/Clear Speed ratio.
- Blood Magic, when? Whenever you can sustain it. If the Lifesteal from Blood Rage is not enough, Try a LifeLeech or LGOH linked to your FS as well. Even though, I ran FS on this guy on pure mana, until lvl 50 or something(with only Melee Splash linked to it)
- Flicker Strike and MF? - I would say no. It is possible with the right gear however, but I feel you need to go two handed, and get your hands on a culling weapon, so you can also play in groups(requires a completely different set up though)
- When should I start using FS? I used it whenever I got my hands on the gem. Combine it early on with Cleave/WhirlWind, and you can breeze through everything. Imo, there is no need to use another leveling build for this build.
- Vaal Pact? No. No way. No no no no no no no no no. Vaal pact removes Life Regen, completely. This means, the 4 - 7% life regen you get from the blood dance will be gone. Also, since we don't take to much damage from Reflect, this is not needed at all :)
- Leveling Guide? Hold on, Working on it as I'm writing it. Check the first post, should be updated by the time you read this :)

Think I covered most of the questions now. Again, sorry for the lack of replies! But keep your eye on this one, I am still working on a viable beginners FS build :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Cool, thanks for the reply I will be waiting patiently :D I really want to make flicker right now but there isnt really a guide on how to really use it correctly
Well, if you really want, I can put down the details of the Marauder I did. Like I said, without items, you can get easily to lvl 70 something. But mapping will be harder sadly.

Anyways, for those, who have a hard time leveling up early levels, here's a quick vid on a lvl 42 char doing some random map. Just so you can see how you can sustain Flicker Strike early levels :)
Also a sneak preview from my hopefully working newb flicker Striker ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIpMygeGoY
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Nov 28, 2013, 4:13:18 PM
I really want to adapt this into a 2-handed build but I'm a little stumped. Any suggestions about the passive skill tree?
Last edited by Real_Super_Sand on Nov 29, 2013, 2:35:39 AM
I don't think this build will have enough defenses to adopt a 2-hand style. You will lose a lot of block and attack speed, leaving you rather vulnerable throughout the end game phase. If you really want to try though, this might work.
note: go with endurance cry linked to a lvl 1 CODT. You will need the 6 charges up as often as possible. Or an endurance charge on melee stun in your weapon. Your 5/6 link should go to another CoDT, fully leveled, linked to Molten Shell + Conc Effect + Increased AoE + life Leech(+ ice nova or another AoE Skill)
I am a nice guy.
Hi Appels,

thanks for your awesome flicker-strike guide!
i'm lvl 72 right now and running maps with a mate (marauder heavy strike, ground slam) but have to switch over to cyclone alot. anyways ... playin this flicker is so much fun...

one question:
can you give us your thoughts on Acrobatics?

Funny that you mention it, as I am writing this post, I am uploading a video on a flicker strike utilizing Acrobatics(my newb friendly flicker striker). Should be live in an hour or two or something.

When I tested Acrobatics on this build though, I felt lacking a bit of damage in the higher maps(I lost around 2-3K dps due to it). And even though the occasional spell dodge was really nice, I felt it was not needed. If anything kills me, it's me being stupid/unlucky getting hit by big attacks.

In the end it depends on your play style. If you die more then often, by all means pick it up. Nit from my experience, the block, eva and blind is enough for most cases.
I am a nice guy.
Doing this with Ranger and in party with a friend, tips?
Thx in advance :)

Also a question, why not take Resistances the ones right Above Iron Reflexes.
I am so going to try this build tonight, it looks so awesome to play! I'm new to this game and my only current character is a tanky cyclone marauder . I hope i 'll be able to make this build work at low level! I already have Flicker strike gem , multistrike gem and melee splash gem. I'm just scared about the life leech and the mana that is going to be empty very fast. :/ i can't wait to see your noob friendly build . That post looks so complete but since I'm new here i'm not understanding everything. Keep up the work !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info