[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

hey I like your build idea its great for dangerous bosses, I am planning on making it for my friend so we can easily own map bosses (im a high dps conduit archer)

Here is what I have in my stash for this build:

Here is an optimised build, it gets iron reflexes instead of the armour nodes near the duelist area which overall will boost your defence alot higher and lets you use nice eva shields and also amplifies the otherwise wasted eva from BotR

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0Ocg6tD8wUIBiRGNsZLhnpGjIaVSECITQhYCSLJ-0ppSr2MBkx-zIJNug7Oz38QKBBP0OcR35QR1BQUWBR5lPfVElYPVhjWNtZ818_YEtgxGEhZKNlTWaebmlwPnKpdO108Xrve4x8u3zZgFaBK4TZhO-Mz5BVlIeZK5uDnrmexZ7NoLSiAKZkpzCplavFrKqsr7QvtPm53b2BvqfAD8AaxLjFisbYyZjSTdSP1fjelt7B37LkUeSt51LnruoY7w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI9zI=

It also works very well on Templar if you have a high level templar you can respec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAecCcQSzBS0Ocg6tD8wUIBRNGJEY2xkuGekaMho4GlUhNCFgI00kiyftKaUyCTboOztANkCgQT9DnERyR35PfVBHUFBRYFHmU99USVcNWD1YY1jbWfNfP2BLYMRhIWSjZU1mnm5pcql07XTxeu98u3zZgFaBK4TEhNmE74zPkFWUh5krm4OeuZ7Fns2gtKIApmSnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-0L7T5ud29gb6nwA_AGsWKxtjJmNIh0k3Uj9lh3pbewd-y5K3nUu8O707wH_Iv8932SPcy-6o=

I realise you lose 40 intel but that can be easily made up on your jewellery, it also goes past a 12% res node so you can use lioneyes remorse more easily which greatly boosts your physical defence

Now, here is an idea that sprung to mind, using the curse ring or curse boots you could use temporal chains + vulnerability making their stun recovery extremely slow, I'm not sure it would work as I'm thinking but its worth a try on harder bosses

Now your life is a little on the low side for end game maps so IMO enduring cry would go a long way into helping your survivability in dangerous maps like jungle valley boss etc, as it stacks so well with high armour

Would switching to a 2 hander work for 74+ map bosses?
Not sure of the stun duration + temp chains would perma stun say map vaal, anyway testing will let someone know but I'm in no position to test this until I can respec my templar with the full realease

Anyway nice guide, ciao
Last edited by DutchRudder on Oct 7, 2013, 8:50:11 AM
I love the look of this build!

So much that I have started a Mara on HC to test it out until the new leagues starts. If I still like it by then this will definitely be my first build for the new leagues :)

Great guide.
Hey, the build looks cool, but is it HC viable? 2.8k HP doesnt seem much for lvl 71...
Im mostly worried about big groups/ranged mobs/flicker strike or jumping mobs?
"
DutchRudder wrote:

Here is an optimised build, it gets iron reflexes instead of the armour nodes near the duelist area which overall will boost your defence alot higher and lets you use nice eva shields and also amplifies the otherwise wasted eva from BotR

I choosed that path (through Steel skeen) not because I need armour, but because it gives me an ability to choose 40 INT which is required for Vulnerability, as you realised. Getting INT on jevelry is not that easy, doable yes, but not that easy. If I'd be rich enough to buy the jevelry with high int and life leech/hp/res/armour, I'd consider using IR (even with Grace which I don't use now, tbh).

Temporal chains are not nessesary as this build has enough attack speed and stun duration (from weapon/belt mainly) to permastun, so I'd prefer any dps ring (phys damage or Ming's one).

Jungle valley map is the only one I skip, as I don't think it will be doable for this build. Too many fckin spiders, not that many space to fight, and lack of armour from BoR does not work at all agains new spider boss. Especially when the rare spiders roll with a bad combination (check this out). I even prefer doing Vall's or Piety's maps than this one.

About switching to 2hander, I'd have to try some time. For now I'm waiting for the end of Anarchy and prices drop.

I'm glad you like it, it's very easy and nice to play indeed.

"
I love the look of this build!

So much that I have started a Mara on HC to test it out until the new leagues starts. If I still like it by then this will definitely be my first build for the new leagues :)

Great guide.

Thank you, and good luck :)

"
Hey, the build looks cool, but is it HC viable? 2.8k HP doesnt seem much for lvl 71...
Im mostly worried about big groups/ranged mobs/flicker strike or jumping mobs?

I think the build is HC viable, with a little changes. At first, I'd replace BoR with some high armour+life+res helmet, and second thing, I'd replace Added fire damage to Endurance charge on Stun in the high armour+life+res body armour. It would require more currency (especially the 5-6l body armour) but I think it would work well too.

Stun is very underestimated thing in PoE, but it really great ability.

PS Added 3 new movies in the first post.
IGN @Ostropalca
Can someone explain me how to kill mob groups with this build? Because I really wanna respec to it but can't find any description of AoE damage (I mean how to clear the way to the boss?)

Pls help I'm noob
nice vids man! very impressive with average gear (except your weapons its gg for this build)

here is a revised tree I did, has IR, extra INT and 10% red mana reserved so you can also run grace but pretty much the same as yours

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0Ocg6tD8wUIBiRGNsZLhnpGlUhAiE0IWAkiyftKaUq9jAZMfsyCTboOztAoEE_Q5xGaUd-UEdQUFFgUeZT31RJWD1YY1ivWNtZ818_YEtgxGEhZKNlTWaebmlwPnC7cql07XTxeu97jHy7fNmBK4TZhO-Mz5BVlIeZK5uDnrmexZ7NoLSiAKZkpzCplavFrKqsr7QvtPm53b2BvqfAD8AaxYrG2MmY0k3Uj96W3sHfsuRR5K3nUueu6hjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj22vcy

^ You kill groups because you have melee splash

edit: Also this is how you should respecc after level 85 near the templar area, you get alot more dps/life and dont waste 3 x 10 str nodes

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0Ocg6tD8wUIBiRGNsZLhnpGjgaVSECITQhYCftKaUq9jAZMfsyCTKJNug7O0CgQT9DnEZpR35QR1BQUWBR5lPfVElX4lg9WGNYr1jbWfNfP2BLYMRhIWSjZU1mnm5pcD5wu3KpdO108Xfleu97jHzZgSuE2YTvjM-QVZSHmSubg565nsWezaC0ogCmZKcwp4SplavFrKqsr7QvtPm53b2BvqfAD8AaxtjJmNJN1I_elt7B37LkUeSt51LnruoY7DjvDu9O8B_yL_Pd9kj22vcy

edit 2: Oh and do you think this would work with facebreakers? I assume you would have to use a quality stun gem the whole time but it lets you build alot more defencively at the same time
Here is what I came up with for facebreakers
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0Ocg6tEuEUIBRNGNsZLhoyGjgaVSECIWAiGyftKaUq9i3SMgk26DrYQKBDnEZpR35N2E99UEdQUFFgU99USVcNWGNYr1jbWfNfOV8_YEthIWSjZU1mnmqHbmlwu3KpdO108Xrve4x82YBWgW-E2YTvhymJP4x2jM-QVZHOmSubg548nrmezaC0ogCnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-53b2Bvqe-rsAPwBrG2MbnypDSIdJN1I_ZYd3j3pbnUuw47w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI9tr3vvuq

The per hit dps you would get would be higher than the mace making up for some lack of stun threshold reduction, also might have to use meginords hmm maybe not enough stun?
Last edited by DutchRudder on Oct 7, 2013, 7:39:32 PM
Interesting suggestions DutchRudder. Facebreakers stun hmmm... is there any damage calculator for this skill?

For further build optimisations, I think we should wait few days for a new skill tree from GGG for 1.0.0.

Also, after league merge I'm thinking about preparing for crafting ultimate weapon for my build, Tyranical Emperor Flaring Auring Mace of the Gladiator. 4 top, maxed rolls could give me 292-417 damage (390 DPS) and I think with that high minimum damage my problems with permastunning Maze Vaal should end. I hope "fixing drop rates" in 1.0.0 includes Exalts/Eternals :)
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Oct 8, 2013, 5:08:19 AM
How would you level up this build? Stack life until 50-60 lvl and then dps nodes?
Or mix in some damage/stun nodes earlier? I know to rush resolute on mara, but what next?
(sample trees at lets say lvl 20, 40 and 60 would help)
At the beginning focus on life, use geofri's 2h maul ASAP (so OP for it's itemlevel). Groundslam normal mobs at Ledge/Fellshire/Docks (skip elites/dogs). Join parties for waypoints, quests and exp increase. High life should be your shield. At early 60's start looking for 1h weapon and shield. At level 70+ start focusing on Stun Threshold Reduce nodes, and so the magic begins.

20 points

30 points

40 points

50 points

60 points

70 points

80 points

90 points

100 points

I have no much more to do with this build, so giving myself a target to reach as DutchRudder proposed, I will try respec to Grace instead of Steel skin, so the next step would be 106 points

You can skip those 3 mace damage nodes over Blood magic until the end of leveling.
You can use Blood drinker until you have a good LL jewelry.
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Oct 8, 2013, 8:51:52 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer. Gonna try me that build when the new league starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info