[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

Hello everyone, I'm using a 2h hybrid variant of the build

Setup i use is:
Single target/boss
HS+ MPD + EoMD + Stun + (Added fire to be added when i find a proper 5l piledriver)

Unwavering mobs/hordes of monsters
Glacial Hammer + Elemental Proliferation + Melee Splash + MPD

I chose GH because i wanted some flexibility in dealing with phys reflects and unwavering later on and it also has a nifty 33% culling when frozen. Also if everything fails and you can't freeze nor stun the enemy, it is probably at least chilled and coupled with temporal chains it won't be able to do much. Upon calculations, i would need to deal at least 3% of the target's hp in cold damage to be able to freeze it at the minimum duration so the permafreeze clearly doesn't work for very high hp bosses but that's where the HS permastun comes in.

Auras
Hatred + Vitality is all i can afford at max since i didn't grab those reduced mana reservation nodes.

I also put on Cast when damage taken + Temporal Chains + Vulnerability (bosses usually have minions to trigger this while i wail away at the big baddy) since i still use the unique boots Windscream.

I currently have 121% REST with 116% ISD, damage is still at 2350-3650 per hit because my gear sucks but i'm able to permastun temple Piety and Kole even when chilled or under temporal chains...

current level 65 passive tree

target end (120 yeah, i know i won't get that far) passive tree

I'm considering putting on immortal call with increased duration on CWDT but i wonder if it would be worth losing the endurance charge resists?
Cuddles' DoT trapper build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/683322
Last edited by Cuddlepaws on Nov 18, 2013, 12:27:48 AM
thanks cuddle
@ Evantis, can u link ur actual gear with gems on SC. TY in advance
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Heya all, im still monkeying around with this build all the time and found it works nicely with many skills not just HS. i do alot of 77 maps and someone was getting aggitated because of the knockback which i also dislike but deal with. i decided to give ground slam a try and am quite pleased with the results. as with pretty much any skill you can perma stun all reg mobs and rares up to a certain level but after that it starts getting more difficult to keep my 6 endurance charges up all the time which makes my armor and resistances suffer a bit. i decided to throw my enduring cry into my gloves with CODT and it pretty much gives me my charges as i need them which is really handy and allows me to remove endurance charge on melee stun out of my BOR and since im now testing ground slam i currently have concentrated effect, multistrike, blood magic in BOR with ground slam. im getting roughly 2-3k less dps with ground slam (was getting 22k party dps with HS and now get 18k with ground slam) but a much larger AOE and no knockback which was my ultimate goal. One other nice thing about not having the knockback is im not wasting valuable pounding time to running after the mob im attacking and am constantly attacking so im not losing the odd hit here and there. Ill post my gear and tree later on when i get on my laptop.

IGN: Honkifyourhornyyy / Honkifyourhorny [Removed by Support]
IGN: Honkifyourhornyyy / Honkifyourhorny [Removed by Support]
Not much going on in this thread right now...
Anyway, I just killed Dominus on Domination and gladly I found that I am able to stun him.

So far so good, but there is always an improvement waiting... Here is my gear, which slot do you guys think I should look to improve first, not that I had any currency leeft since getting my BoR:(
Spoiler
IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
Hi,
This build seems really interesting. We are working on incorporating it into our high level map team. We think that a melee stun tank would make a really strong addition on maps where monsters aren't stun immune.

If anyone has some additional high level map play experience with this build, I would love to hear about it, especially for integrating in with a team. We can provide most combinations of auras/curses to support it.

One immediate question I have is that the topic creator and others seem to like going with unwavering stance. However, this makes the blind from the BOR useless. Is it really worth it to be stun immune for this build rather than 75% evade from the blind whenever it procs? Plus the evade from the BOR would be useless as well with this node.

Also, is it more recommended to run the attack on blood magic or would a bit of mana leech from equipment be enough to support heavy strike+melee splash+added fire+stun on the BOR?

If we have to use Blood magic in the 4-Link, I would think it would be nice to go ahead and take those 4 aura points to Sovereinty in the upper left corner so that the stunner could support 3 auras (2 60% auras and 1 40% aura), by my calculations that would reserve 96% mana, which should be fine if BM is used. Might be nice for team play.

IGN: IskyOfTheSea
No high map experience here, so I can't say anything about this yet.

According US: I have not yet skilled it, because of BoR's blindeffect and so far I don't miss it. At the moment I think about skilling to Iron Reflexes, but I don't know if those points are really worth it. Probably I'll try it and respec if it sucks.

As you can see at my earlier post I only have an amulett with 2% manaleech and this is enough to run HS with Splash/Stun, ECharge on Stun and Added Fire Damage in my BoR. So there is no need for Bloodmagic or Manaleech gem if you have enough leech on your gear.
IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
Wow thanks for the quick reply Panthe0n. We are about to respec (with a full respec) one of our mauraders and that's really useful information. If mana leech can be used to do that 4-link, then there's really no reason to put in BM.

Iron reflexes seems like its a ways off to get, so taking US and losing the evade and blind from the BOR doesn't seem worth it, unless its really needed to maintain the permastun. It just seems like its losing potentially a whole bunch of survivability. I think we will try not speccing it at first and seeing what happens.
Another thought I had - might it be worth the 2 points to pick up amplify for the extra 12% AOE radius?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info