Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

whoismiked, I really like Bloodseeker too
:P

But I can't understand how did you manage to get 31k dps on your DS + 5.6k HP, you gear must be insane, can you share it?

Edit: found post with your gear, thx
Standard IGN is Exiliero.
Last edited by Aggressive on Dec 3, 2013, 7:35:33 AM
Has anyone managed to solo Residence/Palace/Maze with this build?;p Just curious
"
Rozerozz wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:
HP: 5603

And this with an ammy with no HP on it

:)

Interesting, enough to quote ur post. Can you show me your gears(Mine is in the signature)? Curious cos all my gear has Hp on it but I have only 5.3k Hp.

For some dang reason it's not allowing me to link items from my phone (I'm at work right now), but I took at look at your gear (which is insanely nice stuff btw :)

But I think I see some of the minor differences that cause me to have more hp than you

For one, I use BoR, which has 215 HP, while you use Alpha howl and armor, so there is a little over 100+ life there (that gets boosts by 242% from tree).

I also have 28% more in added life nodes differently than the tree in the OP, I chose to get the life cluster east of ranger rather than those 3% attack speed nodes the OP uses.

Also quite a few of my items have a good deal of + strength on them as well as most of them all having top tier life rolls, and my corals rings have 100+ HP on them

Here is my tree

You may also notice a few other 'slight' differences, like my choice to grab PHYS nodes in the marauder tree ( I use this build as a marauder)
Last edited by whoismiked on Dec 3, 2013, 9:25:58 AM
"
tacodisco wrote:
Has anyone managed to solo Residence/Palace/Maze with this build?;p Just curious

i am failing residence boss really.
For this build, would it be worth it to invest in all of the nearby endurance charge nodes? I know the survivability is already quite high, I'm just curious what everyone thinks of grabbing more available charges for our enduring cry.
Hi.
I must say a awesome build ! Startet it last week.

Since i have a
, guess iam a lucky one, i must say that the build, for cycloning, is pretty underwhelming.

Imo its much better to go for a build like this.

Build

Not only do i have the almost same dmg - i played with a ~290 dps 1h and a ~280 dps soultaker - i have like +10k armor + 2k Life + ~8 % block chance +20 all res just for carrying a shield.

The build is rly only good if u dont have a soultaker or if u dont want to facebreaker cyclone. Imo for cyclone its pretty bad cuz it wastes so many points. Especically i dont get the reason why u still have the stun reduction nodes at the ranger ----> your immune to stun while cycloning.

If iam not mistaken, u have aroung 214 % increased max life with all life nodes. Thats pathetic imo.
One thing u must always consider, its not the phys dmg thats gonna kill u in a shrine map for example.
U just need insane hp and a saffels frame to kill crematorium or shrine or residence . . .

thats the reason why i respecced like 45 points and i must say its rly damn hard to die. And ive done - max res temple, - max resi shrine/residence/crematorium ...
Last edited by aGnosticc on Dec 3, 2013, 5:17:23 PM
Any advice on actually obtaining a Bringer of Rain? I've been following this guide and am now level 76. It's worked quite well for me, but I STILL cannot get my hands on the BoR. I managed to chance a Soul Taker, so it's really the main thing I have left to get.

I've been doing merciless Piety, but that just seems to get me junk uniques. I've also been doing Catacomb runs in the hopes of getting Nightmare Bascinets to chance, but they seem to very rarely drop. I've also been running level 66 maps to see if they will drop there with no luck. I stack as much IIR and IIQ as I can without sacrificing too much resistance (which is currently just 23%q and 40%r).

What's the best use of my time? Merciless Piety? Farming for the white drop and chancing? Ignoring it and doing map progression and just hope for the best?

On the market they go for 8-12 exalted. I have 2 exalted, 1 divine, 2 blessed, and 20 chaos - not even close to enough to be able to afford one. Everyone here seems to have no problem getting one, though, so what's the best method?
IGN: Tbowne
Last edited by Tbown on Dec 3, 2013, 5:33:37 PM
"
Tbown wrote:
Any advice on actually obtaining a Bringer of Rain? I've been following this guide and am now level 76. It's worked quite well for me, but I STILL cannot get my hands on the BoR. I managed to chance a Soul Taker, so it's really the main thing I have left to get.

I've been doing merciless Piety, but that just seems to get me junk uniques. I've also been doing Catacomb runs in the hopes of getting Nightmare Bascinets to chance, but they seem to very rarely drop. I've also been running level 66 maps to see if they will drop there with no luck. I stack as much IIR and IIQ as I can without sacrificing too much resistance (which is currently just 23%q and 40%r).

What's the best use of my time? Merciless Piety? Farming for the white drop and chancing? Ignoring it and doing map progression and just hope for the best?

On the market they go for 8-12 exalted. I have 2 exalted, 1 divine, 2 blessed, and 20 chaos - not even close to enough to be able to afford one. Everyone here seems to have no problem getting one, though, so what's the best method?

Probably just keep farming and buy one. You can also sell your alts and such for alts to up your exalts. Usually most of peoples currency is in the lower tier crafting orbs. alts, jewelers, fuses, alchs. I was in the same boat 2 exalts and traded my lower currency and gained 12 more.
"
aGnosticc wrote:
Hi.
I must say a awesome build ! Startet it last week.

Since i have a
, guess iam a lucky one, i must say that the build, for cycloning, is pretty underwhelming.

Imo its much better to go for a build like this.

Build

Not only do i have the almost same dmg - i played with a ~290 dps 1h and a ~280 dps soultaker - i have like +10k armor + 2k Life + ~8 % block chance +20 all res just for carrying a shield.

The build is rly only good if u dont have a soultaker or if u dont want to facebreaker cyclone. Imo for cyclone its pretty bad cuz it wastes so many points. Especically i dont get the reason why u still have the stun reduction nodes at the ranger ----> your immune to stun while cycloning.

If iam not mistaken, u have aroung 214 % increased max life with all life nodes. Thats pathetic imo.
One thing u must always consider, its not the phys dmg thats gonna kill u in a shrine map for example.
U just need insane hp and a saffels frame to kill crematorium or shrine or residence . . .

thats the reason why i respecced like 45 points and i must say its rly damn hard to die. And ive done - max res temple, - max resi shrine/residence/crematorium ...

Gotta agree actually.
There's no real point going DW with Cyclone or any non true DW skill (Cleave and Dual Strike that is) apart from a mere 10% multiplicative attack speed boost. 10% final DPS is increase is always welcome but still ... compared to higher block (hence higher spell block if you have any)/higher resistances/higher life/higher armor/evasion/energy shield ... the comparison isn't even fair to start with.

Also note that one handed weapons do have 5 base range only for Cyclone, compared to at most 7 for two handed ones AND 7 for thrusting weapons, which are one handed.
Hence why currently playing with a Rapier and a luckily dropped Aegis Aurora.

Used to play with Concentrated Effect. Tried Carcass Jack + Increased Area of Effect. Tooltip DPS obviously got lowered but monster packs are actually melting WAY WAY WAY faster, since your AoE is way wider. This means that, e.g., with Concentrated Effect, you may have to use Cyclone 5 times to clear a wide pack of monsters. With Increased Area of Effect, you would need about 2. This doesn't mean you can't use both together though :)
Obviously, Bringer of Rain is superior to Carcass Jack but i'm not lucky enough yet to having dropped one (and it's actually cheaper to get your hands on a Bringer of Rain than on a 6L Carcass Jack with the appriopriate socket colors)

I'd like to add that Life on Hit, although nice for the toughest fights, is far from being mandatory, even on half regen maps.

As for Endurance Charges, i'm not really set either. Physical Damage isn't that scary all in all, at least compared to the nastiest elemental damage bosses (or the +80+% affixes/-X% maximum resists mods) you can meet, which heavily suggest getting high spellblock and/or Elemental Adaption + Purity of X.

Never, ever, link Cyclone to Multistrike. Cyclone + Multistrike = DesynCyclone.

Edit : Cleave with two one handed weapons have a 84% (70*0.6*2) damage effectiveness, which is higher than Cyclone. It has a way larger AoE aswell.
At 20% Quality for both, ignoring other AoE modifiers, Cleave has +10% IAS and 20 Range, while Cyclone has +38% IAS and at best (7+2)*1.2 Range (rounded to either 10 or 11, i don't know), the 1.2 modifier being additive with other AoE modifiers.
All in all, for dual wielding, you are trading 28% IAS (which is sank among other modifiers, which should be as high as +70% excluding the skill IAS modifier meaning that it's actually more like 15/20% DPS increase at best) and movement for +4% Damage Effectiveness and a Range twice as high.

Apologizies for my poor English by the way.

Tl;dr : For dual wielding, there are way better options than Cyclone, be it Cleave or Dual Strike + Melee Splash (which should actually yield lower effective DPS than Cleave). For Cyclone, you're gaining way more by using a shield in your offhand than an other one handed weapon.
Last edited by Iyacthu on Dec 3, 2013, 7:29:43 PM
"
Scippio wrote:
"
Tbown wrote:

Probably just keep farming and buy one. You can also sell your alts and such for alts to up your exalts. Usually most of peoples currency is in the lower tier crafting orbs. alts, jewelers, fuses, alchs. I was in the same boat 2 exalts and traded my lower currency and gained 12 more.

I MAY have enough of everything else for 4 exalted total, but definitely not more. I'm not sure how you had that much currency! I've been using chances, jeweller, fusing, etc. here and there as needed for my gear, so I just don't have hundreds of those stashed away, even when I trade up all my portal scrolls, etc.
IGN: Tbowne

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info