[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
krifFinn wrote:
Wine is working for me again.

[..]

Not necessarily required to downgrade your OS as some people seem to have done so far ;)

Hey, you are good!
I can confirm this workaround works perfectly on ML 10.8.2.

Thanks guys! :)

Right, Wineskin 2.5.8 is available now and it fixes WineskinX11 issues for users of OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5. doh123 has been busy working :)

Just download the update with Wineskin Winery and upgrade by clicking Update wrapper in Wineskin Tools in your Path of Exile.app.

Happy weekend to you all!

EDIT Typo...
Last edited by krifFinn on Sep 21, 2012, 3:32:50 PM
I will update the v3.1 version tomorrow, it will have the new wineskin to resolve OSX 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 hangs. If you have already updated the wineskin via method krifFinn posted, you don't have to update.
v3.1 uploaded - fix for 10.8.2 and 10.7.5
v.2 seem to have stopped working, let's if this one can replace it
i r russian
I'm running a older version of mac (10.5.8) the only problem im having installing is that i cannot run the version of wineskin its using, is there anyway around this?
"
JohnForsaken wrote:
I'm running a older version of mac (10.5.8) the only problem im having installing is that i cannot run the version of wineskin its using, is there anyway around this?

I can't think of an easy solution just yet, but you could try this:

Download Wineskin Winery 1.5 from here. This should work with Leopard. If 1.5 doesn't work try 1.4.

With Wineskin Winery you can download Wineskin engines and create blank wrappers. In this case I'd suggest you create a new wrapper for yourself. Read this thread and the other Mac port sticky to get you started. Maybe I'm just being lazy now but it would take some time to write a thorough guide here that can help with older OS setups.

Finally, try out some different (older) engines for example 1.2.3 or CX10.0.0. These should work with Leopard.
Check also if FKNKickass' wrapper works. Leopard compatibility is mentioned in the system requirements.

From here.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not very techy but I'll give it a try lol.
And It sais in this post that the older wrapper is ran with wine 1.4 but when i downloaded it form your link it was running 1.7
Last edited by JohnForsaken on Sep 29, 2012, 6:48:16 AM
Make sure the Wineskin wrapper version you use is pre-2.5.5 since this no longer has Leopard support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info