[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Wineskin 2.5.7 is available now.

Any other changes in the pipeline for v4 wrapper, julus? Apart from the wineskin update that is.
"
krifFinn wrote:
Wineskin 2.5.7 is available now.

Any other changes in the pipeline for v4 wrapper, julus? Apart from the wineskin update that is.

Well, not really. New wine 1.5.13 is still more buggy than one used in wrapper, the glitches occurs in it almost instantly (at least for me). As the wineskin is only minor update, i will call it v3.1 :)

I am considering I will upload experimental version with wine 1.5.13 as this might work better for some people.
Alright, good to know. I went ahead and updated the wrapper today with the latest wineskin version and so far everything's working properly.

I could try out the newest engine, too. If that is of any use, I'll report back.
I tried wineskin engines 1.5.13 and 1.5.12 but both were horribly slow. The game started all right, but thereafter it was just woeful.

WS9Wine1.4.1 works fine. It is the latest stable version after all.

If you don't mind me asking, why is v3 wrapper with CX11.2.0 and not 1.4.1? I'm just curious, is CX11.2.0 supposed to be more compatible with a variety of systems?

EDIT typo
Last edited by krifFinn on Sep 19, 2012, 4:50:13 AM
Updated my OS yesterday to 10.8.2 and now I can't run any Wine games. With Path of Exile I can see the launcher all right, but thereafter nothing happens.
"
krifFinn wrote:
I tried wineskin engines 1.5.13 and 1.5.12 but both were horribly slow. The game started all right, but thereafter it was just woeful.

WS9Wine1.4.1 works fine. It is the latest stable version after all.

If you don't mind me asking, why is v3 wrapper with CX11.2.0 and not 1.4.1? I'm just curious, is CX11.2.0 supposed to be more compatible with a variety of systems?

EDIT typo

Without AMD patch, all engines 1.5.1+ are slow. I know how to patch sourcecode, so obviously, there will be no performance impact :)

CX11.2.0 is custom version of 1.4 which contains some patches which didn't make it to official wine tree. For example, the Titan Quest have same glitchy textures under original wine, but have them fixed in CX versions. That is why I used CX engine
OK, thanks for the clarification.

It seems that Apple got something fcked up with their latest OS updates, not only in Mountain Lion but Lion also. Something that messes up graphics for example with Wine.

So, if you wish to continue playing Wine games, refrain from updating your OS for now.
"
krifFinn wrote:
OK, thanks for the clarification.

It seems that Apple got something fcked up with their latest OS updates, not only in Mountain Lion but Lion also. Something that messes up graphics for example with Wine.

So, if you wish to continue playing Wine games, refrain from updating your OS for now.

Seems like it, well I will try to investigate more, will update Xcode and try to compile own wine version.

From now, it seems wine cannot initialize 3D environment - the path of exile launcher is working, but thats all. The game will not open...

Also it's not game/engine related, I cannot open my version Legend Of Grimrock which worked flawlessly, and that is based on Wineskin 2.5.5 and Wine 1.3.36.

Also, it may be wrapper (wineskin) bug.. We'll see
Wine is working for me again.

What I did was installing XQuartz 2.7.4 found here http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.7.4. Download, mount and double-click the package to install.

After installing go to Wineskin in Path of Exile.app. In Wineskin choose Advanced and then Options. In Options check "Force use of system installed XQuartz...".

Not necessarily required to downgrade your OS as some people seem to have done so far ;)
"
krifFinn wrote:
Wine is working for me again.

What I did was installing XQuartz 2.7.4 found here http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.7.4. Download, mount and double-click the package to install.

After installing go to Wineskin in Path of Exile.app. In Wineskin choose Advanced and then Options. In Options check "Force use of system installed XQuartz...".

Not necessarily required to downgrade your OS as some people seem to have done so far ;)

I was trying to patch the xquartz yesterday, but instead, it crashed when I selected check for updates :)

Anyway, that is correct. Apple made some changes to DRI code for which was XQuartz not ready.. Wineskin uses integrated X11 so, obviously I need to wait for wineskin developer until she integrates the changes. Until then your workaround is only option to run wine...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info