[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

@Sparten890

Hopefully things get sorted out and you can participate in Open Beta this weekend.

I know it can be frustrating to set things up with Wine, but bear with us and good luck with further experiments.
"
krifFinn wrote:
Now, I shouldn't probably spoil julus' thread by posting this load of drivel but since the Mac/Wine discussion is mostly continued here, I might as well...

So here is a simple guide how to build a wrapper like the one originally posted by FKNKickass. There may be some unnecessary utilities within it, but they can't do any harm can they ;)

Again, I should point out that it may take some trial and error to get this working but it is an alternative for those who had better experiences with v2 wrapper compared to v3.

Here you are:

Spoiler
Install Wineskin Winery (I have version 1.7). Wineskin Winery lets you download Wine engines and create blank wrappers.

I also have following software installed (not necessarily required, but can be of aid):

MacPorts
Xcode 4.4.1 (Also Command Line Tools in Preferences->Downloads)
Xquartz 2.7.2

To create a blank wrapper:

1) Open Wineskin Winery.app
2) Switch engine to WS9WineCX11.2.0 (download it if it’s not on the list already), then select Create New Blank Wrapper and name your wrapper.

Installing Path of Exile:

1) Right-click Path of Exile.app (or whatever name your wrapper has) and select Show Package Contents

2) Open Wineskin.app

3) Go to Advanced and check that you have Wrapper version 2.5.6 and Engine is WS9WineCX11.2.0.

4) Next select Tools and in Tools select Winetricks

5) Search the following support utilities and check all of them, after that click Run

gdiplus
ogg
riched20
comdlg32ocx
xinput
dsound
windowscodecs
usp10
comctl32
mfc42
msvcirt
vcrun2003
vcrun6
vcrun6sp6
native_oleaut32
dotnet30
dotnet30sp1
d3dcompiler_43
d3dx11_42
d3dx11_43
d3dx9_43
d3dxof
quartz
vcrun2005
vcrun2010

6) In Wineskin Advanced select Config Utility (winecfg)

7) In Wine configuration select tab labelled Libraries and add following overrides:

d3dx9_43
windowscodecs
d3dx9_42
dmusic32
dsound
openal32

Then click Apply and OK. Close Wineskin.app

8) Download PathofExileInstaller.msi from Path of Exile website

9) Open Wineskin inside Path of Exile.app and select Install Software

10) Click Choose Setup Executable, search for PathofExileInstaller.msi and select it

11) Install Path of Exile, then close Wineskin.app

12) Open Path of Exile.app and it should begin installation

For troubleshooting, try ”-gc 1” or ”--nosound” in EXE flags field in Wineskin Advanced, to narrow down what might cause crashes

Any comments or reports are welcome.

Steps 4 5 are not used in my v3 wrapper
and from 7:
openal32 (native)

"
julus wrote:
Steps 4 5 are not used in my v3 wrapper
and from 7:
openal32 (native)

That's right. Those winetricks were in the original wrapper, though.
Thank you very much for this wrapper,
it works perfect so far!

the only thing that didnt work is the "alt"-key, the game doesnt realize when i click it, so i changed it.
any suggestions to get the "alt"-key back ? :D
"
Chess wrote:
Thank you very much for this wrapper,
it works perfect so far!

the only thing that didnt work is the "alt"-key, the game doesnt realize when i click it, so i changed it.
any suggestions to get the "alt"-key back ? :D

1) Right-click Path of Exile.app and select Show Package Contents
2) Double-click Wineskin.app
3) In Wineskin select Advanced and then Options
4) Check "Option key works as Alt"
5) Close Wineskin and play
thank you very much sir! :)
"
Chess wrote:
thank you very much sir! :)

No problem. Happy to help :)
i'm having slight graphical glitches which are very prominent at fonts and text,
has anyone encountered the problem?
"
Chess wrote:
i'm having slight graphical glitches which are very prominent at fonts and text,

I was about to post the same issue, but you beat me to it.

Texts are indeed a bit hazy here and there, but this haziness is more prominent especially in gem texts and in NPC speeches.

Is this Wine-related or what?
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Chess wrote:

I was about to post the same issue, but you beat me to it.

Texts are indeed a bit hazy here and there, but this haziness is more prominent especially in gem texts and in NPC speeches.

Is this Wine-related or what?

Yes, the font distortion is wine related

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info